Felons Should Be Excluded From Minimum Wage Increase, Because Reasons...

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"On Thursday, a Florida GOP state senator proposed a measure that would block felons from being included in the $15 minimum wage increase that the state approved last year. Bill SJR 854—which was introduced by Sen. Jeffrey Brandes (R-St. Petersburg)—specifically allows soulless lawmakers to reduce the Minimum Wage rate for employees convicted of a felony, reduce the Minimum Wage rate for employees younger than 21 years of age, [and] reduce the Minimum Wage rate for other hard-to-hire employees.”

Still don't know what "hard-to-hire employees" are but ok.....how does discriminating against felons by reducing their wages help the economy?? We are basically claiming these people are less human compared to their peers working the same job. People forget that the state of Florida voted for a state minimum wage increase with a 60% super majority; no where in that ballot initiative did they advocate for paying "certain groups" of Floridians less....but leave it to the GOP to find yet another way to fuck over the people with the least amount of power....

"On Thursday, a Florida GOP state senator proposed a measure that would block felons from being included in the $15 minimum wage increase that the state approved last year. Bill SJR 854—which was introduced by Sen. Jeffrey Brandes (R-St. Petersburg)—specifically allows soulless lawmakers to reduce the Minimum Wage rate for employees convicted of a felony, reduce the Minimum Wage rate for employees younger than 21 years of age, [and] reduce the Minimum Wage rate for other hard-to-hire employees.”

Still don't know what "hard-to-hire employees" are but ok.....how does discriminating against felons by reducing their wages help the economy?? We are basically claiming these people are less human compared to their peers working the same job. People forget that the state of Florida voted for a state minimum wage increase with a 60% super majority; no where in that ballot initiative did they advocate for paying "certain groups" of Floridians less....but leave it to the GOP to find yet another way to fuck over the people with the least amount of power....

The insanity from teh right never ends.

If the felons get paid a lot less, they would be much more likely to get a job. I am sure many of them would be very happy to have any job whatsoever.

So "discriminating against felons" is good, not bad.
Why yes, you would want to work for less also just to make sure there is more profit to hire more people.

The insanity from teh right never ends.
The sadist are into punishing people their entire life.

Good Ole' Joe, getting it done!

The circus bus left town and is not being allowed back.

We'll see in 22 and 24. By the time this dementia patient and the other commies are through with this country, that circus bus as you call it will not only be rolling back, but with a welcoming committee complete with a marching band and parade.

It is a risk for an employer to hire a felon.

He puts his other employees and his property at risk by giving an ex con access to them.

So maybe saying that an ex con felon can be paid $10 an hour instead of 15 will be incentive for business owners to give the ex con a shot.

Still don't know what "hard-to-hire employees" are but ok.....how does discriminating against felons by reducing their wages help the economy?? We are basically claiming these people are less human compared to their peers working the same job.

People forget that the state of Florida voted for a state minimum wage increase with a 60% super majority; no where in that ballot initiative did they advocate for paying "certain groups" of Floridians less....but leave it to the GOP to find yet another way to fuck over the people with the least amount of power....

This doesn't make any sense to me. What does Florida gain by promoting poverty in a small segment of society?

We'll see in 22 and 24. By the time this dementia patient and the other commies are through with this country, that circus bus as you call it will not only be rolling back, but with a welcoming committee complete with a marching band and parade.

Will the bus head right to the Capital and burn it to the ground next time?

That would be lovely.

Deplorables on parade!

He puts his other employees and his property at risk by giving an ex con access to them.

So maybe saying that an ex con felon can be paid $10 an hour instead of 15 will be incentive for business owners to give the ex con a shot.

All depends. Years ago one of our customers started to hire ex-cons. The state gave businesses money to give them a chance. Fights broke out and the owner had to hire security. The security guard got attacked and he had to have three security guards on each shift. Finally it got to the point it wasn't worth the money from the state. He quit hiring them and only fired the ones that were trouble or didn't want to work.

If the felons get paid a lot less, they would be much more likely to get a job. I am sure many of them would be very happy to have any job whatsoever.

So "discriminating against felons" is good, not bad.
So let's say one of these Trumpers end up with a felony on their record now due to their part in the insurrection...

Are you saying they should be paid less now because of that??

Or does this only apply to a "certain type" of felon??

y

Have you ever hired any Ex cons? I have and it worked out well for my businesses. In fact, I hired a black housekeeper to help me with the house and the children years ago. Her family came to me and asked. I knew her mother and grandmother. She had killed a man who was beating her up and spent 5 years in prison. I paid her top dollar. She stayed with me ten years until she finally married and started a family of her own..

I don’t believe in 15$ minimum wage, but if it’s going to be implemented then maybe kids should be excluded, however that could come with some unintended consequences. I see no reason why felons who have paid their debt to society should have a different set of rules applied to them.

Last edited:

Still don't know what "hard-to-hire employees" are but ok.....how does discriminating against felons by reducing their wages help the economy?? We are basically claiming these people are less human compared to their peers working the same job.

People forget that the state of Florida voted for a state minimum wage increase with a 60% super majority; no where in that ballot initiative did they advocate for paying "certain groups" of Floridians less....but leave it to the GOP to find yet another way to fuck over the people with the least amount of power....

This doesn't make any sense to me. What does Florida gain by promoting poverty in a small segment of society?
It is done to garner notoriety among conservative circles ...for many of them, cruelty is the feature -- so any policy that punishes people, they love it......especially if it fits into their culture war BS....

That is why I had always said that back when they were pretending to be all for justice reform, they were full of shit....

y

Have you ever hired any Ex cons? I have and it worked out well for my businesses. In fact, I hired a black housekeeper to help me with the house and the children years ago. Her family came to me and asked. I knew her mother and grandmother. She had killed a man who was beating her up and spent 5 years in prison. I paid her top dollar. She stayed with me ten years until she finally married and started a family of her own..

Good for you.

No I have never hired any ex cons but some of the subcontractors I used to use did

Forum List

Back