"Fighting racism is a Christian Value "

Very few Confederates fought to preserve slavery, Christ-hating bigot.

If they didn't fight to preserve slavery, then what did they fight for?
The institution of slavery was the cause of the war, but the men who marched off to fight from the south were, in their minds, fighting against an overweening hegemonic high-handed Yankee-run federal government. They were defending their states, which, at that time, commanded more loyalty than the federal government in both the north and the south.

People cannot separate their beliefs, religious or not...when stepping into the booth. Whatever influences their morality, influences their vote. Understand?

That's fine. Vote your religious morality. That's your right. Just don't evangelize or force your dogma on the rule of law. I don't feel like that's unreasonable.

They did not fight in Jesus' name to preserve slavery. The bible calls for the death penalty of 'men stealers'.

Are you fucking kidding? What part of the Bible is that? Because the Old Testament is all about slavery. And yes, the South definitely fought in Christianity's name to preserve slavery. The Confederate Constitution literally said: “invoking the favor and guidance of Almighty God.”

Chattel slavery is prohibited and worthy of death in the bible. So American slavery was not blessed by God.

Not sure what the fuck Bible you're reading, but the King James version definitely doesn't say that.
The Confederate Constitution literally said: “invoking the favor and guidance of Almighty God.
And guess who lost.

Many are misguided in faith, aren't they?

You are a goddamned liar. There was no serious abolitionist effort in world history, aside from some misgivings among the ancient Greeks (white men), until white Christian men in North America and Europe made it into a moral issue in the 19th History.

And then Christians fought in Jesus' name to preserve slavery. So all you're doing is proving my point: that Christianity sucks.
They did not fight in Jesus' name to preserve slavery. The bible calls for the death penalty of 'men stealers'. Chattel slavery is prohibited and worthy of death in the bible. So American slavery was not blessed by God.
Not in the Old Testament. In the Old Testament (which should be jettisoned, btw), God tells the Jews to free their slaves after seven years. Their Jewish slaves. The rest are still slaves for life.

People cannot separate their beliefs, religious or not...when stepping into the booth. Whatever influences their morality, influences their vote. Understand?

That's fine. Vote your religious morality. That's your right. Just don't evangelize or force your dogma on the rule of law. I don't feel like that's unreasonable.
Sorry, we have the right to evangelize...you have the right to evangelize your beliefs too. It's called the market place of ideas...and we gain from the existence of competing ideologies and belief systems more so than when we all goosestep to the same tune.

"And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death."

We can cherry pick all sorts of stuff from the Bible. Like these pro-slavery passages:

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way." (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

“Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.” (Isaiah 13:15-16)

"If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.’ If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever." (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

THIS ONE'S FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT. You know, the "important part" of the Bible:
“Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.” (Peter 2:18: )

So whatever.

The institution of slavery was the cause of the war

Ah...so...why are you arguing with me?

but the men who marched off to fight from the south were, in their minds, fighting against an overweening hegemonic high-handed Yankee-run federal government..

Why did they think that?

They were defending their states, which, at that time, commanded more loyalty than the federal government in both the north and the south.

Defending their states from what?

You are a goddamned liar. There was no serious abolitionist effort in world history, aside from some misgivings among the ancient Greeks (white men), until white Christian men in North America and Europe made it into a moral issue in the 19th History.

And then Christians fought in Jesus' name to preserve slavery. So all you're doing is proving my point: that Christianity sucks.
They did not fight in Jesus' name to preserve slavery. The bible calls for the death penalty of 'men stealers'. Chattel slavery is prohibited and worthy of death in the bible. So American slavery was not blessed by God.
Not in the Old Testament. In the Old Testament (which should be jettisoned, btw), God tells the Jews to free their slaves after seven years. Their Jewish slaves. The rest are still slaves for life.
Wrong. They had to buy the foreign slaves. They couldn't just snatch them off their homeland for free....that was a death penalty...in the OT

Sorry, we have the right to evangelize

Not according to your Bible. In fact, your Bible says to pray in private and in secret, and that those who evangelize are "hypocrites".

That's what your book says.

It's called the market place of ideas...and we gain from the existence of competing ideologies and belief systems more so than when we all goosestep to the same tune.

What do we gain from Christianity, again? We know it's not morality because the Greeks had been writing about that thousands of years before. We know it's not an end to poverty because 2,000 years of Christianity has done nothing to solve it. We know it's not safety and protection since Christians and Catholics cover up sexual abuse by their leaders. So what the fuck do we gain from Christianity?

"And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death."

We can cherry pick all sorts of stuff from the Bible. Like these pro-slavery passages:

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way." (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

“Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.” (Isaiah 13:15-16)

"If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.’ If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever." (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

THIS ONE'S FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT. You know, the "important part" of the Bible:
“Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.” (Peter 2:18: )

So whatever.

"THIS ONE'S FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT. You know, the "important part" of the Bible"

Why do you put The New Testament being the "important part" in brackets? Why the brackets?

Also what religion is your family from? Or have you already given that away you Christ Hater you with your virulent hatred of Jesus Christ and reducing The New Testament to something in brackets :eusa_whistle:

Sorry, we have the right to evangelize

Not according to your Bible. In fact, your Bible says to pray in private and in secret, and that those who evangelize are "hypocrites".

That's what your book says.

It's called the market place of ideas...and we gain from the existence of competing ideologies and belief systems more so than when we all goosestep to the same tune.

What do we gain from Christianity, again?
No it doesn't... What an ignorant understanding of the passage you are referencing... It's describing those who act holier than thou...public admission of faith and evangelism is the only way to grow the ranks, dude. Think before you type

No I am not. I am saying if there is no God, I'm not even talking about any particular religion at the moment... If atheists are correct that the only reason we are here is because of some random accidental occurrence in the universe, then there is no objective morality period

So you think morality is a gift from God? That without his guidance, we have no morals? So then what's the deal with Aesop and his fables? Becuase those are morality tales that the Bible stole. What about all the great Greek and Roman morality plays and philosophers? Morality is a construct of society, not of God.

You ought to be glad Christians formed this country, there would have never been a United States if America were discovered by morally bankrupt, atheistic people.

Fuck off. Riding on the coattails of people from 250 years ago isn't gonna win you any points today.
God gave us a set of unchanging rules to live by and how we should behave.
You've already said you don't have a problem with any of them. So what's your beef?

Why do you put The New Testament being the "important part" in brackets? Why the brackets?

Because that is what one of your fellow Christians wrote on this thread.

lso what religion is your family from? Or have you already given that away you Christ Hater you with your virulent hatred of Jesus Christ and reducing The New Testament to something in brackets :eusa_whistle:

You are fucking wrong as usual. If you bothered to read any of my posts, you'd see that I said Jesus seemed like a cool guy, if he existed. I also said that Jesus may love me, but you Christians with your MAGA hats and your "Jews will not replace us" don't love him.

BTW - I was born and raised Jewish...Bar Mitzvah, Operation Birthright and all. Even going to Hebrew School, being Bar Mitzvah'd, and going to Israel still didn't make me believe in God any more than I did when I was a baby. To me, Judaism is more a culture and identity than a religion. So I take it very seriously when MAGA Christians go around pretending they have faith. They don't.

"Just don't evangelize or force your dogma on the rule of law."

Shouldn't that also be applicable to the Atheists and general God Haters, you know they who demand that their dogma becomes law ie. LGBTQ, Transgenderism, Gender Fluid crap, boys can also have a vagina and periods, girls can also have a penis....that Christian bakers MUST bake cakes for faggots or else etc.

Yep. Without a higher authority it is up to each of us to determine what is right and wrong.

How difficult that must be for someone like you, who needs guidance from a book written 500 years ago commissioned by a King who didn't even speak English!
Actually the oldest book is thousands of years ago.

So after how many years that a law is on the books should it be mocked and ignored?

Because that is what one of your fellow Christians wrote on this thread.

lso what religion is your family from? Or have you already given that away you Christ Hater you with your virulent hatred of Jesus Christ and reducing The New Testament to something in brackets :eusa_whistle:

You are fucking wrong as usual. If you bothered to read any of my posts, you'd see that I said Jesus seemed like a cool guy, if he existed. I also said that Jesus may love me, but you Christians with your MAGA hats and your "Jews will not replace us" don't love him.

BTW - I was born and raised Jewish...Bar Mitzvah, Operation Birthright and all. Even going to Hebrew School, being Bar Mitzvah'd, and going to Israel still didn't make me believe in God any more than I did when I was a baby. To me, Judaism is more a culture and identity than a religion. So I take it very seriously when MAGA Christians go around pretending they have faith. They don't.

"You are fucking wrong as usual."

No your response illustrates the opposite.

Forum List

Back