Filibuster Gorsuch! Pleaseeee?

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Protesters almost immediately appeared outside the Supreme Court as soon as Trump announced Neil Gorsuch as his Supreme Court nominee. They had professionally made signs that were obviously made up days ago in anticipation of the protest. And predictably, the airwaves were flooded with left-wingers breathlessly expressing outrage and displeasure with this pick. Here at USMB, the usual suspects are posting furiously about Gorsuch with the typical frothing anger and vitriol we've come to know.

I am hereby calling on all my fellow Conservatives to join me in the effort to encourage them to filibuster this pick! You heard me right.... I said... Filibuster Gorsuch!

Some of you will ask... Boss, have you lost your mind? What do you mean? Gorsuch is an awesome pick! I agree... Gorsuch is everything Trump promised us and the very reason many voted for him. Don't worry... Gorsuch is going to be a Supreme Court Justice. That's going to happen. The important thing here is to force the Democrats to stand up for their principles and filibuster. It's time to put up or shut up. If you don't like the pick, if he's not what you want, stand up... demand your congressman filibuster!

Here's what is going to happen. First, it will be repeatedly pointed out how the same filibustering democrats were so comfortable with his lower court appointment, they didn't even hold a roll call vote. He was approved by acclamation. Second, and more importantly, a filibuster will trigger the nuclear option. McConnell has vowed not to use it but Trump has no intention of letting this outstanding pick become Borked. He will twist the arms he needs to and the nuclear option will be invoked.

The nuclear option means that Supreme Court picks can be approved by simple majority. Of course, Gorsuch would be approved. But here's the bonus... the measure is in place for the remainder of this congress, which means... when Ruth Bader Ginsberg retires or Anthony Kennedy... the next Trump pick only requires a simple majority to approve.

It's an incredibly stupid political move for Democrats to filibuster the Gorsuch nomination. But they are primed and ready to do just that. So I say we start a campaign to encourage them! No... lets DEMAND they stand up for their principles here! You want to pitch your little never-ending temper tantrum... we're calling your bluff! Go for it, jackasses! Filibuster Gorsuch! Let's watch how this plays out.

DEMOCRAT FILIBUSTER OF JUDGE GORSUCH
Democrats planning a likely futile gesture to send a message to Trump.
March 29, 2017

Matthew Vadum
bhj.jpg

Desperate to placate their increasingly rabid far left-wing base, ethically-flexible Senate Democrats are planning to launch a filibuster against a Supreme Court nominee for the first time in a half-century and only the second time in American history.

Their insistence on this course of action could very well lead to the abolition of the filibuster for Supreme Court nominations.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D) said a few days ago that his Senate colleagues will not allow President Trump’s nominee to replace the late Antonin Scalia to be voted on because he’s not a left-winger who views the Constitution as an endlessly malleable social-justice plaything.

“After careful deliberation I have concluded that I cannot support Judge Neil Gorsuch’s nomination to the Supreme Court,” Schumer said on the Senate floor after Gorsuch’s marathon confirmation hearing wrapped up.

In recent days, senior Democrats have reportedly become “increasingly confident” they have the votes to block Gorsuch.

Former Judiciary Committee chairman Pat Leahy (D-Vt.) may have publicly distanced himself from Schumer’s stratagem, saying he is “not inclined to filibuster” Gorsuch but plenty of Democrats are down with the struggle. Jeff Merkley (Ore.), Bill Nelson (Fla.), Bill Casey (Penn.), Debbie Stabenow (Mich.), and Dick Durbin (Ill.) all say they’ll support the filibuster.

A cloture vote on the Gorsuch nomination could come as soon as next week, and with it a further weakening of the filibuster.

Democrat Filibuster of Judge Gorsuch

I hope they do it for the same reason, God works in mysterious ways. The other justices my fall very ill or other circumstances may arise and conservatives can run the Supreme Court. I know God is working in our favor in all things. The libs time is over!

Thanks for bumping this back up. The left is always silent on OPs where I nail their asses.

Forum List

Back