šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Finally Some Common Sense: You Do Not Have The Right To Be Unoffended

Right on, Prof. Mike Adams! He melted a few special snowflakes with his introductory lecture at UNC-Wilmington.

Welcome back to class, students! I am Mike Adams your criminology professor here at UNC-Wilmington. Before we get started with the course I need to address an issue that is causing problems here at UNCW and in higher education all across the country. I am talking about the growing minority of students who believe they have a right to be free from being offended. If we donā€™t reverse this dangerous trend in our society there will soon be a majority of young people who will need to walk around in plastic bubble suits to protect them in the event that they come into contact with a dissenting viewpoint. That mentality is unworthy of an American. Itā€™s hardly worthy of a Frenchman.

Letā€™s get something straight right now. You have no right to be unoffended. You have a right to be offended with regularity. It is the price you pay for living in a free society. If you donā€™t understand that you are confused and dangerously so. In part, I blame your high school teachers for failing to teach you basic civics before you got your diploma. Most of you went to the public high schools, which are a disaster. Donā€™t tell me that offended you. I went to a public high school.

Of course, your high school might not be the problem. It is entirely possible that the main reason why so many of you are confused about free speech is that piece of paper hanging on the wall right over there. Please turn your attention to that ridiculous document that is framed and hanging by the door. In fact, take a few minutes to read it before you leave class today. It is our campus speech code. It specifically says that there is a requirement that everyone must only engage in discourse that is ā€œrespectful.ā€ That assertion is as ludicrous as it is illegal. I plan to have that thing ripped down from every classroom on campus before I retire.

One of my grandfathers served in World War I. My step-grandfather served in World War II. My sixth great grandfather enlisted in the American Revolution when he was only thirteen. These great men did not fight so we could simply relinquish our rights to the enemy within our borders. That enemy is the Marxists who run our public universities. If you are a Marxist and I just offended you, well, thatā€™s tough. I guess they donā€™t make communists like they used to....

Professorā€™s EPIC Class Intro Has Gone VIRAL; Hereā€™s Why

ok i read more of it; and i take back my first impression. actually this professor is right. he is addressing the perpetually agreived LEFT-WING LOSER SET, not telling people they need to be ketp angry and ignorant the way the Left tells their people to be.

Right on, Prof. Mike Adams! He melted a few special snowflakes with his introductory lecture at UNC-Wilmington.

Welcome back to class, students! I am Mike Adams your criminology professor here at UNC-Wilmington. Before we get started with the course I need to address an issue that is causing problems here at UNCW and in higher education all across the country. I am talking about the growing minority of students who believe they have a right to be free from being offended. If we donā€™t reverse this dangerous trend in our society there will soon be a majority of young people who will need to walk around in plastic bubble suits to protect them in the event that they come into contact with a dissenting viewpoint. That mentality is unworthy of an American. Itā€™s hardly worthy of a Frenchman.

Letā€™s get something straight right now. You have no right to be unoffended. You have a right to be offended with regularity. It is the price you pay for living in a free society. If you donā€™t understand that you are confused and dangerously so. In part, I blame your high school teachers for failing to teach you basic civics before you got your diploma. Most of you went to the public high schools, which are a disaster. Donā€™t tell me that offended you. I went to a public high school.

Of course, your high school might not be the problem. It is entirely possible that the main reason why so many of you are confused about free speech is that piece of paper hanging on the wall right over there. Please turn your attention to that ridiculous document that is framed and hanging by the door. In fact, take a few minutes to read it before you leave class today. It is our campus speech code. It specifically says that there is a requirement that everyone must only engage in discourse that is ā€œrespectful.ā€ That assertion is as ludicrous as it is illegal. I plan to have that thing ripped down from every classroom on campus before I retire.

One of my grandfathers served in World War I. My step-grandfather served in World War II. My sixth great grandfather enlisted in the American Revolution when he was only thirteen. These great men did not fight so we could simply relinquish our rights to the enemy within our borders. That enemy is the Marxists who run our public universities. If you are a Marxist and I just offended you, well, thatā€™s tough. I guess they donā€™t make communists like they used to....

Can you imagine the gigantic ruffle some of those kids had their panties in when they left that class?

Can you imagine how many were running to some office to complain?

He's right . But he forgets that people do have the right to respond to those who offend them.

Yes they do. However, there is a difference between responding and running like a little bitch to cry someone offended them.

Can you imagine the gigantic ruffle some of those kids had their panties in when they left that class?

A big HERD of them.

A big HERD of them.

Probably bigger than the herd running to the downtown area of Detroit when they thought free money was being given out in 2009.

A big HERD of them.

Probably bigger than the herd running to the downtown area of Detroit when they thought free money was being given out in 2009.

The Prog Waaaaaaambulance is rather overcrowded.

A big HERD of them.

They claim to be about free speech until they don't like what is said.

A big HERD of them.

They claim to be about free speech until they don't like what is said.

Their attitude is "free for me but not for thee".

He's right . But he forgets that people do have the right to respond to those who offend them.

So respond. Running to complain and try to get them silenced is not "responding".

Sure it is ! Ever here of boycotts .

A boycott to force others to agree with your POV or silence them?
Is that how you think America's schools should operate?
No wonder loony lefties are so fucked up.

So respond. Running to complain and try to get them silenced is not "responding".

Sure it is ! Ever here of boycotts .

Boycotts are not the same as demanding censorship. We are all free to associate or not with others. You loons on the left are the ones who want to FORCE OTHERS into your preferred associations or avoidances.

You want to talk about right v left ? When is the right accepting of anything they don't believe in?!!

Usually. As long as someone isn't trying to pass laws forcing us to genuflect to it, we're pretty content to just ignore it. Truth is, the left overestimates how much of a fuck we give about how they live their lives. They like to couch the argument in terms of "you're trying to BAN it". We're actually just fighting for the right to be oblivious to it.

Fine .

When is the right tolerant of anything that's not in thier wheelhouse ?

How about an example ? Just one!
Roger Ailes at Fox hired Juan WIlliams when he was canned for anti Muslim remarks. And WIlliams is a liberal.
There. Take that.[/QUOTE]

Who is that?

And by the way "anti muslim remarks " are sooooo I the right wing wheelhouse . Lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, we're not crazy about people who declare war on us. We're quirky that way.

But as it happens, that's largely just leftist projection. What can I say, y'all aren't very good with nuance. We actually are anti-violent Muslim. Peaceful Muslims who just want to live their lives without killing or subjugating non-Muslims are just fine with us.

The "offended" don't respond, they go running to complain about it, or they try to get enough people together to shout down the other side, not discuss with them, or respond.

In this case, a response would be to simply tell the professor, either in class or in private, that you disagree and why. Going to the administration and demanding that he be reprimanded and silenced without ever talking to him would be whining.

The "offended" don't respond, they go running to complain about it, or they try to get enough people together to shout down the other side, not discuss with them, or respond.

The Progs would rather live in "The Land of the Offended" than in "The Land of the Free".

BOYCOTT TARANTINO!

Signed,

Not Progressives

Sorry, but who's suggesting any sort of organized boycott of Tarantino in order to silence him? I don't personally watch the man's movies, because he annoys me. It has never occurred to me to demand that other people avoid his movies.

If he wants to be a jackass, and can get other people to contribute money to support him being a jackass, more power to him. Whatever. :eusa_hand:

We "dont have a right to be unoffended"?????

let me guess fascist-like, whackjob moron professor; i should stay especially offended with things YOU hold important and think i should be offended about right???

Did you even read what the professor said?

The Progs would rather live in "The Land of the Offended" than in "The Land of the Free".

BOYCOTT TARANTINO!

Signed,

Not Progressives

Sorry, but who's suggesting any sort of organized boycott of Tarantino in order to silence him?]

The police unions

In this case, a response would be to simply tell the professor, either in class or in private, that you disagree and why. Going to the administration and demanding that he be reprimanded and silenced without ever talking to him would be whining.

Yep. What we have on campuses today is a bunch of wilting flowers that cannot have their views questioned.

^^^^^
If anyone disagrees with this, fuck you.

And if I just offended you, why don't you exercise your right to not be offended and have me banned.

^^^^^
If anyone disagrees with this, fuck you.
And if I just offended you, why don't you exercise your right to not be offended and have me banned.
:clap:

Forum List

Back