🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Finally Some Common Sense: You Do Not Have The Right To Be Unoffended

Sure, like the whiner cry-baby Indiana pizza shop that won't cater gay weddings.

LOL. They never catered in the first place. They are (or were) a restaurant where anyone could go to get a slice of pizza. But oh the horror, they actually issued an opinion in response to a theoretical question. A bunch of offended people tried to destroy them for it.

I read the article, and there are cultural Marxists out there who try to eliminate any form of dissenting opinion by the most effective means possible.

Sure, like the whiner cry-baby Indiana pizza shop that won't cater gay weddings.

LOL. They never catered in the first place. They are (or were) a restaurant where anyone could go to get a slice of pizza. But oh the horror, they actually issued an opinion in response to a theoretical question. A bunch of offended people tried to destroy them for it.

I read the article, and there are cultural Marxists out there who try to eliminate any form of dissenting opinion by the most effective means possible.

"Cultural Marxists"?

Tell me, how do you run the economy of culture?

We have a new term which aptly describe the recent phenom: Cry-Bully.

It's fittin'.

Fast forward some four decades and things are not so simple. This is the age of the Cry-Bully, a hideous hybrid of victim and victor, weeper and walloper.

(snip)

Even social media – the source of so much fun and friendship for most of us – becomes a double-edged sword in the hands of the Cry-Bully. They will threaten women with rape on Twitter then boo-hoo about the invasion of their privacy when called to account. It’ s a sort of Munchausen’s syndrome – causing one’s own misery then complaining about it – seen most sadly in the case of Hannah Smith, the 14-year-old girl who took her own life in 2013 after allegedly being cyber-bullied on the teen website Ask.fm. It turned out that some 98 per cent of the abusive messages came from poor Hannah herself, with only four posts being contributed by actual trolls.

Cry-Bullies do end up isolated, as their determination to be victim and victor eventually wears out the patience of the most forebearing friend. But they can also be found hanging around in gangs; then, Cry-Bullies really come into their own and are not just irritating but dangerous. Islamism is the ultimate Cry-Bully cause; on one hand stamping around murdering anyone who doesn’ t agree with you, on the other hand yelling ‘ISLAMOPHOBIA’ in lieu of having a real adult debate about the merits of your case. Their ‘helpline’ is even called Tell Mama – bless. The British-born Islamist recently sentenced to twelve years had no problem posing with severed heads (‘Heads, kaffirs, disgusting’) and asking friends back home to send him condoms which he planned to use raping women captured as ‘war booty’ but then claimed to be having nightmares and suffering from depression in order to escape jail....

Meet the Cry-Bully: a hideous hybrid of victim and victor - Spectator Blogs

that post has nothing to do with your op... you're all over the road there, fyi.

btw you should consider your use of words in the title and recognize the meaning of the word COMMON there.

using the halloween costume on yale campus as an example...

don't standards of common courtesy and common decency make common sense in any community?

"finally some common sense"

They work great if you're a majority. Which you are not, as was exemplified by the epic failure of the chick fil a boycott, and the recent ousting of three Knoxville city council members who forgot they were nit elected to cave to lefty extremists.

So bow to The Man, because no minority in history has ever won when it went up against a majority.

No, I'm not talking about this teeny tiny incident y'all are so offended by.

They work great if you're a majority. Which you are not, as was exemplified by the epic failure of the chick fil a boycott, and the recent ousting of three Knoxville city council members who forgot they were nit elected to cave to lefty extremists.

So bow to The Man, because no minority in history has ever won when it went up against a majority.

I guess that's cool if you have no desire to communicate.

That makes less sense than usual.

Are you offended because Starbucks took the snowflakes off their coffee cups?

No, it makes perfect sense. You post nonsense. "No I'm not talking about this teeny tiny incident"...then what ARE you talking about?

I find pretentious fluffers annoying, and that's what you are. Everybody is supposed to guess what the fuck you're talking about, because you're far too cerebral to stoop to actually saying what you mean. Pfft, get out of here. You're a waste of time and space.

So who's going to break the news that "You don't have a right to be unoffended" to the Starbucks coffee cup crybabies?

Difference between "you don't have a right to be unoffended" and "you therefore can never be offended". Duuhhhh.

But they still whined and someone came to their rescue.

Have you MET this imbecile? He not only doesn't want to communicate, his entire purpose here is to prevent everyone else from communicating, too.

Straw man. Look it up.

Have you MET this imbecile? He not only doesn't want to communicate, his entire purpose here is to prevent everyone else from communicating, too.
I'm putting him on ignore, I get tired of vapid nonsense. It reminds me of when I didn't have statist on ignore.

I'm putting him on ignore, I get tired of vapid nonsense. It reminds me of when I didn't have statist on ignore.

Honestly, the only reason I haven't is that I don't even find him interesting enough to bother.

Honestly, the only reason I haven't is that I don't even find him interesting enough to bother.

I don't find him interesting. I do find him irritating, and distracting...and when somebody adds nothing to the discussion except irritation, I ignore them. Life's too short to sort through their garbage.

don't standards of common courtesy and common decency make common sense in any community?

No. The community has no place dictating the free expression of others.

Common courtesy means having the common decency to leave someone the hell alone, let them express themselves the way they wish, and that, miss, is common sense. The community does not control the individual standards of the person.

Forum List

Back