Finally! Supreme Court rules in favor of First Amendment rights for Christians etc.

Why....? Cause it was a rude and stupid thing for them to do....but they have the Right to do it....you dumb ass.....

And they have the Right to not serve Sarah Sanders....and everyone else has the Right to bitch about it and not go to that restaruant...that is how Rights and Freedom work.....you shit brains want to force people to serve people...except for republicans...then you support them not serving them..you are the asshat without principles...you dumb twit.
Read that thread. You wingnuts weren't crying about rudeness. :laugh:

You're all so full of shit.

The statistics are what they are. And they haven't changed.

They are changing. The only reason the statistics are what they are is because there was only "traditional marriage" till a decade ago.

The left simply does not want to accept the real limitations of this ruling. This is a freedom of expression ruling. Not an accommodation ruling. No one can be compelled to express an opinion or belief with which they fundamentally disagree. The web designer cannot be forced to express support for same sex marriage. A Christian band cannot be forced to sing Lola. The new hire at the coffee shop cannot be compelled to wear a MAGA hat,
The left wants to frame the issue as an LGBTQ rights case--nothing is farther from the truth. It is a right to the freedom of speech and religious rights case. The fucking morons couldn't tell the truth if it bit them in the ass. As for reps calling out the SCOTUS, they should be impeached. Until the last decade or so, representatives respected the rulings of the courts. Democrat is just another name for fascist.

And why shouldn't Christians be allowed to provide services for those they agree with?

Ever seen a "We reserve the right to refuse service" sign?

This isn't about denial of service, this is about forcing Christians or other to deny their beliefs

A completely made up case, about a fictional gay couple that does not exist.

This exposes the illegitimacy that f this court. And why you will lose it the second there are 52 votes in the Senate.

That is absolutely incorrect. That web designer was offering wedding website design but if he finds out your gay, he doesn't have to do business with you. It has turned LGBTQ+ into second class citizens.

The web designer did not state in his offering that it was only available to heterosexual couples.

What if I am deeply offended at the idea of offering my widgets to women. Can I refuse to sell them to women? What if I find it immoral for French people to eat my doughnuts? Can I refuse to serve them? What if I conclude it is completely improper for people with red hair to use my tongue scrapers. Can I refuse to sell it to them? The whole idea of licensure of businesses is that obtaining a license means that you agree to sell to all members of the public - that you are not allowed to discriminate against any of the protected classes. Unfortunately, SCOTUS just decided that sexual preference no longer delineates a protected class. They have once again eliminated a preexisting civil right.
Wrong,.

It has no effect on the alphabet people of any kind.

Protected classes are by definition elevating people above others and conferring special rights.

Correcting that mistake merely makes people equal in the eyes of the law

Forum List

Back