Finally! Supreme Court rules in favor of First Amendment rights for Christians etc.

That is what studies have shown. Children with a responsible biological mother and father in the home are absolutely the best situation for children who are far less likely to be abused physically or sexually, will have more success in school, more mental stability, more success in life whether they are straight or gay. They are far less likely to have trouble with the law or illegal substances, are far more likely to have satisfying and stable relationships, and generally will be happier people.

As compared to those with only one parent in the household. There are no studies that show children in a same sex marriage household do worse in any of those things than children in a traditional marriage household.

But those who resent the modest tax breaks afforded the traditional family

It is not just tax breaks, you keep parroting this phrase as you lack the integrity to discuss all the other things tied to marriage because there is no reason to deny any of those things to same sex couples.

People like you are why I am getting the fuck out of this country in 6 years when we retire.

Do you eat dog food? You’d have to in order to be this stupid.
Your inability to answer the question is duly noted.

Let's try for anyone else.

If a business can discriminate against gays for religious reasons, why can't they discriminate against minorities for religious reasons? Or other religions, for that matter.

If I'm a Catholic and I think Mormons are a deranged cult, why can't I refuse service to Mormons?

Didn't the SC also rule an employee cannot be made to work on Sundays also? That is an awesome ruling.

Didn't the SC also rule an employee cannot be made to work on Sundays also? That is an awesome ruling.
An employee can't be made to work at all.

Said employee can tell his employers to go fuck off, and there's not a damn thing they can do about it.

There's a situation like that in Burbank right now. Disney is one of the biggest employers and they have plenty of job openings and no one wants to work there.

Ultimately it's Disney's problem, their bottom line is suffering mightily. They have some great projects going on, any other day they'd have people beating down their doors to get jobs. But not today.

As compared to those with only one parent in the household. There are no studies that show children in a same sex marriage household do worse in any of those things than children in a traditional marriage household.

It is not just tax breaks, you keep parroting this phrase as you lack the integrity to discuss all the other things tied to marriage because there is no reason to deny any of those things to same sex couples.

People like you are why I am getting the fuck out of this country in 6 years when we retire.

Don't wait. Go now.

This goes both ways though.

This also means that a business owner can legally refuse to do any work for any christians, If they don't like christianity.

And I guarantee the same people who are now praising this ruling will be up in arms claiming that Their religious rights are being attacked if that happens.

I won't. I'm a Christian, and I think that's fair.

This is the other side, frankly, that the Rainbow Gestapo never thought about. Had they prevailed, a Christian could demand a gay website designer make a website about why same-sex marriage is sinful. And the gay website designer would have no standing to say no: morally opposed is not a legit reason.

Cuts all ways, and is fair in all ways. Now the gay website designer can say nope, not doing it. Fair enough. I'll go elsewhere (not, mind you, that I have any interest in any kind of website....)

I won't. I'm a Christian, and I think that's fair.

This is the other side, frankly, that the Rainbow Gestapo never thought about. Had they prevailed, a Christian could demand a gay website designer make a website about why same-sex marriage is sinful. And the gay website designer would have no standing to say no: morally opposed is not a legit reason.

Cuts all ways, and is fair in all ways. Now the gay website designer can say nope, not doing it. Fair enough. I'll go elsewhere (not, mind you, that I have any interest in any kind of website....)
You can not be forced to work for someone you don't want to work for.

Period. End of story.

That kinda crap is called forced labor, and it's illegal.

You can not be forced to work for someone you don't want to work for.

Period. End of story.

That kinda crap is called forced labor, and it's illegal.

Oh wait. You're the jackwagon that told me I'm your servant though....right? You who expressly DO NOT pay my salary?

again proof of that old saying.....no greater hate than christian love

Oh honey, I do not go to my evangelical church to escape judgmental old prudes....but let me tell you, it's a very nice respite.

To put it another way:

Old liberals are the judgmental prudes now. Not Christians.

Democrats “waving their junk at young children”

Political discourse has fallen into the gutter

Own it. Sit in it. The old Democrat party of "the working man" is gone. Now you're the party of drag queens who put on these shows for children.

And CPAP President "God save the Queen, man" Biden.

Own it. Sit in it. The old Democrat party of "the working man" is gone. Now you're the party of drag queens who put on these shows for children.

And CPAP President "God save the Queen, man" Biden.

Amazing watching the right flip out over alleged offenses by Transexuals
Nobody is “waving their junk at young children”
Nobody is grooming children to be gay.

Oh wait. You're the jackwagon that told me I'm your servant though....right? You who expressly DO NOT pay my salary?

Your school receives federal funding, which in part goes to your salary....thus we all do pay your salary.

Republicans will pay a Political price for their intolerance

1. Affirmative action is not popular with anyone
2. Among registered voters, the Biden student loan bailout is split
3. Everyone but everyone is sick of the Rainbow Gestapo

This is not Roe v. Wade

A completely made up case, about a fictional gay couple that does not exist.

This exposes the illegitimacy that f this court. And why you will lose it the second there are 52 votes in the Senate.
Long before the Supreme Court took up one of the last remaining cases it will decide this session—the 303 Creative v. Elenis case, concerning a Colorado web designer named Lorie Smith who refuses to make websites for same-sex weddings and seeks an exemption from anti-discrimination laws—there was a couple named Stewart and Mike. According to court filings from the plaintiff, Stewart contacted Smith in September 2016 about his wedding to Mike “early next year.”

Stewart included his phone number, email address, and the URL of his own website—he was a designer too, the site showed.

Now, WHY would a guy with his own website designer business, solicit another for something he already does?

Yes, that was his name, phone number, email address, and website on the inquiry form. But he never sent this form, he said, and at the time it was sent, he was married to a woman. “If somebody’s pulled my information, as some kind of supporting information or documentation, somebody’s falsified that,” Stewart explained. (Stewart’s last name is not included in the filing, so we will be referring to him by his first name throughout this story.)

“I wouldn’t want anybody to … make me a wedding website?” he continued, sounding a bit puzzled but good-natured about the whole thing. “I’m married, I have a child—I’m not really sure where that came from? But somebody’s using false information in a Supreme Court filing document.”

When Smith and her attorneys, the Christian right group Alliance Defending Freedom, or ADF, brought this case for the first time, it was to the United States District Court in Colorado in 2016, and they lost. Smith and ADF filed the case on September 20 of that year, asking the court to enjoin the state anti-discrimination law so that Smith could begin offering her wedding website design services to straight couples only.

Up to this point, Smith had never designed any wedding website. (In fact, her website six months prior to the lawsuit being filed in 2016 does not include any of the Christian messaging that it did shortly afterward and today, archived versions of the site show.) The initial lawsuit did not mention the “Stewart” inquiry, which was submitted to Smith’s website on September 21, according to the date-stamp shown in later court filings, indicating that she received it the day after the suit was originally filed.

So, this religious nut job doesn't have a web designer business.
The religious nut job never had a client.

And the teabagger SCOTUS got duped, trying a case with no defendant and a plaintiff who lied who filed a fake case.

Forum List

Back