Finally, "The Little Mermaid", who is now black... Is in theaters!

They aren't slurs. They are inconvenient truths.

Remember, nearly as many people gave their lives to enslave blacks, as those to free them.

360,222 Union deaths and 258,000 Confederate deaths
They are comments that keep racism alive. Without it you would have nothing.

Am I the only one that thinks clutching your pearls over the ethnicity of a Mermaid..Ye Olde mythical critter...is just a bit absurd?

Is this 'woke' or just smart marketing? Both?

I'd prefer an Asian mermaid...but Asians are punished for their success...these days~

I simply cannot understand the controversy over this.

Your understanding is quite limited. It is nice to know you realize that.
Oh you snark shark you---

iu

The Little Mermaid is now portrayed by an African-American actress and with the movie the best! Diversity is wonderful and people might even prefer an African American actress in this role.

The mantra "Go woke go broke" well be challenged here, because if this movie makes a lot of money then it is not always true that woke goes broke.

Well you go watch it or take your kids to watch it?
My 30 something children are going to take me to see it. It was one of our favorites when they were little. We can't wait!

i really don't care about this, but a funny side to this - mermaids wouldn't be black because black skin is from being in hot/sunny areas for millennia.

They are comments that keep racism alive. Without it you would have nothing.
Over a quarter of a million people wouldn't give their lives for an idea that didn't have deep roots.

Whether it's racism, nazism, or anti-semitism. It still lives in the hearts and minds of men.

What rage? 😄 Why would I be angry that you Bingos are getting angry at mermaids? I'm dying with laughter over here. Especially after that clown called himself an Alpha. :lmao:
You're lumping everybody together and flaming people. You're one of those dudes that just can't get over some fat rednecks telling racist jokes at a klan meeting and then project that onto as many white people as possible. Congratulations, you're the racist that you hate so much.

You're not going to be very successful in the movie business.
Disney is in the "entertainment" business. Not just movies.

The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with five business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media.

Forum List

Back