Financial Literacy is needed over books and courses of Indoctrination

OK. So what you want is for students to objectively weigh their career options and how they will be financing the education/training before they go into debt and society is forced to pay off their loans?

Financial Literacy already goes through the steps of opening bank accounts.
Nope. This is not about career options. It is about regardless of career or education paths chosen, it is more than opening up a bank account. Very simply, how do you manage your personal or small business financial affairs? How to set and live on a budget? How do you avoid going into mountains of debt? How to buy a car or a house? How to read an income statement to assess financial health? How to invest?

Nope. This is not about career options. It is about regardless of career or education paths chosen, it is more than opening up a bank account. Very simply, how do you manage your personal or small business financial affairs? How to set and live on a budget? How do you avoid going into mountains of debt? How to buy a car or a house? How to read an income statement to assess financial health? How to invest?
They cover those things with exception to small business.

OK. Here is the situation. I asked for specifics so that we didn't wind up here. I am withdrawing because you cannot or will not show me where in any state that information is not presented.

Last edited:
They cover those things with exception to small business.
I am not convinced all of those things are covered or in place universally in curriculums across school districts. In most cases, as I said before, these are electives. I am advocating Financial Literacy to be ongoing, required learning on par with Math, Writing, Science and History.

I sincerely do not know what you are basing your findings or assessment. I think you are satisfied with what is out there which I am not. Maybe you live in a school district where this is all in place. I can tell you I live in one of the wealthiest school districts in the nation and what I have laid out, is not in place.

My apologies. I thought your post was about me personally, which is what I usually get here.

I couldn't agree more. This stuff should be REQUIRED for all kids.
Just teach basic logic and solid math. Will help them in all things.

People who read well can comprehend and don’t follow bullshit fright mandates so libbies Cant Have solid across the board reading comprehension.

teaching finances would cripples a lot of big corps...such as the damn 10 yr car loan...i am still taken back by that
I am dismayed by how predatory some of these lenders are on young people.

Financial Literacy can help on both logic and math. Regurgitation does nothing to help logic.
You can't pretend to learn logic by regurgitating things. So, that was quite irrelevant.

But you can definitely pretend to learn financial literacy that way.

All these people saying we should teach kids how to "balance a checkbook"... uh, we did that when they were in the 3rd grade, when we taught them addition and subtraction.

my children took zero classes in public school that indoctrinated them. So your thread is a half baked white wing dumbass rant from the start.

I am not against teaching financial literacy. I am curious what you think they should be taught...

"here is why your generation cannot afford houses and cars."

Start there.

Forum List

Back