"Fingerprint" of Greenland ice melt seen in satellite sea level data

And even if all waste heat from electricity usage did warm the surface of the planet, Todd would still be wrong because there is no incremental change in waste heat in replacing electricity generated from fossil fuels with electricity generated from solar.

Any mechanical machine that performs work will produce waste heat as a byproduct due to friction. The standard efficiency factor used for calculating power requirements is 90% for new equipment and 80% for used equipment. So there is somewhere between 10 to 20% losses due to friction. Which means that 80 to 90% of the electricity to power a mechanical device doing work is actually being used to perform work with the remaining 10 to 20% being lost as heat due to friction.

How does using an electric overhead crane heat the surface of the planet?

That is what you believe, right?
most definitely. It was explained to you already and you obviously don't understand the process. How will me repeating what was said help you get out from under your rock?

most definitely. It was explained to you already and you obviously don't understand the process. How will me repeating what was said help you get out from under your rock?
Actually it wasn’t explained to me. And apparently you can’t explain it either.

Poor JC thinks using an overhead crane heats the surface of the planet even though he doesn’t know how. Now that’s faith. :rofl:

Let me walk you through this.

Not all electricity usage produces heat? True or false?

If the answer is true then the statement “Any solar radiation that is converted into electricity is solar radiation that will still heat the surface of the planet” is false because not all electricity usage produces heat. So it’s not possible for the electricity usage that performed work to heat the surface of the planet like solar radiation does because it produced work instead.

Any mechanical machine that performs work will produce waste heat as a byproduct due to friction. The standard efficiency factor used for calculating power requirements is 90% for new equipment and 80% for used equipment. So there is somewhere between 10 to 20% losses due to friction. Which means that 80 to 90% of the electricity to power a mechanical device doing work is actually being used to perform work with the remaining 10 to 20% being lost as heat due to friction.

The standard efficiency factor used for calculating power requirements is 90% for new equipment and 80% for used equipment.

Show me.

If the answer is true then the statement “Any solar radiation that is converted into electricity is solar radiation that will still heat the surface of the planet” is false because not all electricity usage produces heat. So it’s not possible for the electricity usage that performed work to heat the surface of the planet like solar radiation does because it produced work instead.

Any solar radiation not reflected back into space heats the planet.

You are out of your depth in this conversation.

Forum List

Back