First Day of Ramadan

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
1587732631411.png

Happy Ramadan what ever that means. Some one needs to be happy around here it sure as hell aint me. I was supposed to be granted my freedom from the worst nightmare ever and the fucking divorce courts are doing nothing. So happy Ramadan!

Will Ramadam really be allowed in America this year? For those that don't know, its a tremendous festival when the muslims have a huge party at night where they roast an iftar on a spit. President Trump hosted one at the WH is previous years for his islamic friends.

But will this be allowed, have a fantastic event with lots of guests, during the COVID 19 Panic.

I'd just like to know one thing, SM, can you read that stuff? And what does it say? And where does it say it? Is that a word, a sentence or a pictogram? Where does it start and where does it end?
It is stylized arabic of the greeting said between muslims during the month long Ramadan.
(the arabic written language is read from right to left)
Pictures of people and animals are forbidden in Islam. Which is why you see beautiful arabic script covering the walls of mosques. The various styles are a unique art form that varies from country to country.
I'm far from being proficient in reading and writing arabic. But I know enough to get by. All of the daily prayers said by every muslin around the world is repeated in arabic; regardless of that country's every day spoken language. ... :cool:

Aww c'monn u guys I think Sunni is a really nice fella. Fellalette sry Sunni don't know if you are one of 2 sexes male or female LOL. Happy R. day to you.

I'd just like to know one thing, SM, can you read that stuff? And what does it say? And where does it say it? Is that a word, a sentence or a pictogram? Where does it start and where does it end?
It is stylized arabic of the greeting said between muslims during the month long Ramadan.
(the arabic written language is read from right to left)
Pictures of people and animals are forbidden in Islam. Which is why you see beautiful arabic script covering the walls of mosques. The various styles are a unique art form that varies from country to country.
I'm far from being proficient in reading and writing arabic. But I know enough to get by. All of the daily prayers said by every muslin around the world is repeated in arabic; regardless of that country's every day spoken language. ... :cool:
So, why are pictures of people and animals forbidden?
How is this pronounced?

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 9.30.40 AM.png

How is it read? It's all interwoven lines, I see no letters, nowhere to start and end. To me it looks like one big conglomeration. I don't get all the little dots and marks fitted into every little space. Are they diacritics? Decorations?

How is this pronounced?

View attachment 327288

How is it read? It's all interwoven lines, I see no letters, nowhere to start and end. To me it looks like one big conglomeration. I don't get all the little dots and marks fitted into every little space. Are they diacritics? Decorations?

I saw a plaque with this kind of arabic scrip on it in a store for sale, and being unable to read it was a problem to me.

For all I would know, it might read "Death to America" or something else that is controversial and I wouldn't know the difference.

In the Bible, one of the 10 Commandments forbids making of graven images; statues, pictures, etc. of people and animals. Because there is a tendency for people to start venerating and worshiping them. (like statues of Jesus)
The Quran has the exact same prohibition concerning graven images. Muslim's still take it seriously. ... :cool:

Last edited:
In the Bible, one of the 10 Commandments forbids making of graven images; statues, pictures, etc. of people and animals. Because there is a tendency for people to start venerating and worshiping them. (like statues of Jesus)
The Quran has the exact same prohibition concerning graven images. Muslim's still take it seriously. ... :cool:
INFORMATIVE.png

Makes sense. So then, writing like on walls of mosques is like scripture, holy words and thoughts to be worshiped, not to be confused with or sullied by graven images.

No shock that Liberal-controlled government school has kids learning to worship Gaia, mother earth.

And on Lenin's birthday, no less.

Forum List

Back