First major wind farm approved by Biden Admin (Poll)

Will the Vinyard Wind project, the first major wind farm in the US be a success or Solyndra-2?

• Success! What can go wrong with a project built by the Xiden admin

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Solyndra-2, on steroids. We've seen this movie before.

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Which American Company is going to build the first large scale wind farm in the US?

It looks like a consortium of Swedish and US companies. Any bets that this will be Solyndra-2 (on steroids)?

1621021742980.png

I'm wondering if the project will be able to get all of the permits and approvals thru before the next admin takes office?

Which American Company is going to build the first large scale wind farm in the US?

It looks like a consortium of Swedish and US companies. Any bets that this will be Solyndra-2 (on steroids)?

View attachment 489513

I'm wondering if the project will be able to get all of the permits and approvals thru before the next admin takes office?

I am very worried about the cancer the noise causes from these damn windmills.
MAGA

I'm waiting to see the minority subcontracts and union support for this project, or will the project be done entirely by the Swedes? The $2.5b will generate 800Mw of power. We will be tracking this "project" to see if its a scam.

View attachment 489513

I am very worried about the cancer the noise causes from these damn windmills.
MAGA
LOL!! The fisherman got their asses handed to them by the Xiden Group. The articles make it sound like its a done deal, a "shovel ready" job! I'm waiting for the courts to step in and throw a monkey in the wrench, as Xiden would say.

View attachment 489513

Large scale offshore. There are literally huge windfarms located all across the US. Been that way for a long time. I remember driving by one going from LA to Palm Desert...in 2006. It's not like they're new. This one is going to be the largest offshore..to date.
If you were just going for the cheap Solyndra joke, why didn't you just lead with it? :)

Just thinking out loud here but the northeast isn’t really known for balmy winters. So we’re going to spend 2.5 billion on windmills which will be iced up and not working right when the electricity is needed most.

Good plan.

Just thinking out loud here but the northeast isn’t really known for balmy winters. So we’re going to spend 2.5 billion on windmills which will be iced up and not working right when the electricity is needed most.

Good plan.
The Swedes should be used to building wind turbines in cold weather.
I'm also not sure if these are supposed to run all winter or not?
Good point though. We'll see how they run if/when they get built.

Good plan.

Do any of you Trumpers think? :)
Winter in NE, lotsa wind off the sea...just about every day. Perfect place for a windmill farm.
My son is in the business. He tells me that the stormproofing they have..is top notch.

View attachment 489513

Large scale offshore. There are literally huge wind farms located all across the US. Been that way for a long time. I remember driving by one going from LA to Palm Desert...in 2006. It's not like they're new. This one is going to be the largest offshore..to date.
If you were just going for the cheap Solyndra joke, why didn't you just lead with it? :)
LOL!! Just remembering the Obama scam.
The idealistic optimism about "green energy" sounds just like Xiden's latest scam.

Last edited:

View attachment 489513

Wow! 30 gigawatts is a lot of power. I thought Oklahoma had a lot, last time I drove through there. Just a drop in the bucket compared to 30 GW.

I'm waiting to see the minority subcontracts and union support for this project, or will the project be done entirely by the Swedes? The $2.5b will generate 800Mw of power. We will be tracking this "project" to see if its a scam.
That's like 5 times what a coal fired power plant of the same capacity costs, and the later produces power 24 hours a day.

View attachment 489513

Wow! 30 gigawatts is a lot of power. I thought Oklahoma had a lot, last time I drove through there. Just a drop in the bucket compared to 30 GW.
Where are you getting this 30 gigawatt horseshit?

Good plan.

Winter in NE, lotsa wind off the sea...just about every day. Perfect place for a windmill farm.
My son is in the business. He tells me that the stormproofing they have..is top notch.
The Cape Cod is "perfect place" for a wind farm? Probably, but Ted Kennedy and the Koch Brothers stopped earlier attempts.
The Mojavi Desert is the "perfect place" for solar powerplants:
Senator Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation in Congress on Monday to protect a million acres of the Mojave Desert in California by scuttling some 13 big solar plants and wind farms planned for the region.

Here is another article about the realities of wind power:

It remains to be seen if the Xiden Group will get this new wind farm to construction, and if built, will it be financially successful. What will happen to the electric bills for the poor suckers paying for the scam?

Last edited:

Good plan.

1621023711884.png

You ever been on the sea in that area during that time of year?

Good luck servicing those salt water drenched rigs much less keeping them afloat or anchored securely.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

That's like 5 times what a coal fired power plant of the same capacity costs, and the later produces power 24 hours a day.
Yep, a lot of money for "maybe power". Those people's electric bills are about to skyrocket
1621024172100.png

Several wind farm developers already hold leases in prime locations off the Eastern Seaboard, suggesting plenty of interest. As engineering professors leading the Energy Transition Initiative and Wind Energy Center at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, we have been closely watching the industry’s challenges and progress. The process could move quickly once permitting and approvals are on track, but there are still obstacles.

Why Offshore Wind Plans Stalled Under Trump​

Vineyard Wind had planned to begin construction in 2019, but a ruling by the federal Bureau of Ocean Energy Management under the Trump administration stalled it. The ruling cast a shadow over other wind farm plans and hopes for a US offshore wind industry.

Is Fast-Tracking Federal Approvals Enough?​

Speeding up federal approvals for offshore wind farms is an important first step, but those aren’t the only hurdles for offshore wind farm developers. A large number of state environmental and coastal agencies also must approve offshore wind farm plans, and the communities where cables come ashore have a say.

Many of the Northeastern states, including Massachusetts, have their own offshore wind energy goals, so they’re likely to support wind farms. But some wealthy communities and the fishing industry have pushed back on wind power in the past. Vineyard Wind’s developers worked with community groups and fishermen from the region and agreed to compensate them for potential revenue losses.

Under a 1920 law known as the Jones Act, only US-registered vessels operated by US citizens or permanent residents can move cargo between US ports. In December 2020, Congress made clear that this law applies to wind turbine construction, too.

When companies build offshore wind turbines today, they use special vessels for the installation of the most common offshore turbine designs. The US doesn’t have any of these vessels yet, and the Jones Act makes it difficult to rely on vessels from Europe to do the job. There is promise, though: The first US-made version of this vessel is being built in Texas right now. That’s one; the country will need several to meet the new goal.

View attachment 489513

Where are you getting this 30 gigawatt horseshit?
From the article. It is a goal announced by Biden in March. This is the first approval toward that goal.
In March, the Biden administration announced a national goal of installing 30 gigawatts of offshore wind capacity by 2030.

The U.S. Interior Department approved the country's first large-scale offshore wind project Tuesday, a final hurdle that reverses course from the Trump administration and sets the stage for a major shift in the energy landscape.

Forum List

Back