First woman to try to become a navy SEAL rings the bell after the first week....

Since most men fail to make it through the training to become a navy SEAL, it comes as no surprise that a woman who attempted it left after the first week. The upper body strength alone would be tough for a female, and then you have the long term endurance issue that would knock out most men let alone women....

Just because the first one didn't finish doesn't mean others won't in the future. How many men don't finish the training? I bet more than half.

Also, physicality differs from person to person. For instance, this chick (who was an IDF soldier) could probably last longer than this guy (who has never laced a pair of combat boots in his life):
Screen-Shot-2015-07-29-at-3.52.59-PM.png

fat-trump.jpg
75% drop out rate

Since most men fail to make it through the training to become a navy SEAL, it comes as no surprise that a woman who attempted it left after the first week. The upper body strength alone would be tough for a female, and then you have the long term endurance issue that would knock out most men let alone women....

Candidate Set To Be First Female Navy SEAL Quits After A Week Of Training

A woman who enlisted to become the first ever female Navy SEAL quit after one week of training, reports Task and Purpose.

"The unidentified female candidate dropped out in early August during a three-week course in San Diego that began July 24. It was the first assessment of potential SEAL officers before they can be sent on to more grueling courses, according to the website, which cited 'multiple Naval Special Warfare Command sources,'" reports The Washington Examiner.

Before former President Barack Obama's rule change, which took effect in January of 2016, women were not allowed in United States Military combat roles. "But there were no female applicants in the 18 months since that historic change until now," reported CNN at the end of July, referring to the enlistment of the unidentified candidate.

There is still one remaining female candidate attempting to join the Navy's special operations teams; this unidentified woman is training for the Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewman (SWCC) program.
Women should not be in combat arms MOS's.
But someone has to pick up the defense of this country because trumpanzees won't leave their parental units' basements.

A woman who enlisted to become the first ever female Navy SEAL quit after one week of training, reports Task and Purpose.

"The unidentified female candidate dropped out in early August during a three-week course in San Diego that began July 24. It was the first assessment of potential SEAL officers before they can be sent on to more grueling courses, according to the website, which cited 'multiple Naval Special Warfare Command sources,'" reports The Washington Examiner.

Before former President Barack Obama's rule change, which took effect in January of 2016, women were not allowed in United States Military combat roles. "But there were no female applicants in the 18 months since that historic change until now," reported CNN at the end of July, referring to the enlistment of the unidentified candidate.

There is still one remaining female candidate attempting to join the Navy's special operations teams; this unidentified woman is training for the Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewman (SWCC) program.
Women should not be in combat arms MOS's.
But someone has to pick up the defense of this country because trumpanzees won't leave their basements. Vast majority of U.S. Military voted for Trump.

At least she tried and is a loyal American willing to put her behind on the line for her country.

No shame in failing this program, there are other units she can join and help protect America.

No one said she couldn't.....but sooner or later, some SJW is going to want those standards lowered....

If she has proven herself she should be given the chance. Hell, I can walk onto a baseball field in spring training and become a big league ball player if I prove myself and I haven't played ball since I was a kid, it should be no different for the military.

Anyone willing to patriotically put their life on the line for their countries freedom deserves respect. She didn't make it, maybe the next one will.

I watch American Ninja where they engage in a challenging obstacle course. Very few men or women finish it, but there are a couple of women who do. As long as they are most fit and mentally sound, I would think all soldiers want the best beside them in combat. The PC stuff shouldn't be an issue and it needs to be kept out of the military.

Of course, that has no bearing on Seal Training or actual duty as a SEAL......a short sprint through one obstacle course in peak condition, with plenty of rest and a really good diet....are all the things that SEALs don't get...except for the peak condition.....

Just because the first one didn't finish doesn't mean others won't in the future. How many men don't finish the training? I bet more than half.

Also, physicality differs from person to person. For instance, this chick (who was an IDF soldier) could probably last longer than this guy (who has never laced a pair of combat boots in his life):

fat-trump.jpg

Wrong....if Trump trained to his peak performance as young male, he would have outperformed her physically...

In the military? In order to get accepted into the SEAL program? Prove it.

How long (if ever) have you lived in the U.S.? Almost every position has a limited number of vacancies to fill. When certain candidates are given preference over other candidates, that means that another candidate will not be selected. Is that really so hard for you to understand? Do you know of any occupation with an unlimited number of job vacancies? Of course not.

But someone has to pick up the defense of this country because trumpanzees won't leave their parental units' basements.

This is what a mental midget like you resorts to after your phony arguments are exposed.

In the military? In order to get accepted into the SEAL program? Prove it.

How long (if ever) have you lived in the U.S.? Almost every position has a limited number of vacancies to fill. When certain candidates are given preference over other candidates, that means that another candidate will not be selected. Is that really so hard for you to understand? Do you know of any occupation with an unlimited number of job vacancies? Of course not.
How long? My entire life....and am retired Navy and have, as a Officer, on occasion, submitted with recommendations some of my sailors for the SEAL program. And my wife was in a support squadron whose main responsibility was ferrying SEAL teams to forward staging areas.

And YOUR expertise in this field is?

This is what a mental midget like you resorts to after your phony arguments are exposed.
The truth, you mean. Women are in the military because they are needed. Why are they needed? Because there are not enough trumpanzee snowflakes qualified to join the military.

fat-trump.jpg

Wrong....if Trump trained to his peak performance as young male, he would have outperformed her physically...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I applaud the young lady for trying, having said that I know some pretty tough guys that washed out as well, the cards were certainly stacked against her.

On the larger question of women in certain combat roles, the experiences of the Israelis' is telling. I've read a number of articles citing the huge number of women suffering injuries in the Israeli military. The most common seems to be stress related, physical not mental. Stress fractures and the like are rampant. It is usually blamed on the enormous weights these folks are expected to lug around endlessly. I have no problem with women assuming any role they're qualified for but Israel seems to be questioning the price of lifelong health problems many of these women face afterwards.

You guys who are crowing about a woman failing SEAL training after a week are looking at it all wrong.

First............it helps to know what SEALs need to do in order to be accepted to BUDs training. First, they must be recommended by their CO on their application. They also must past a much tougher PT course requirement just to get in, as well as be interviewed by an active duty SEAL. Then, when the package is complete, it is submitted to DC to see if they thought the person was qualified. Out of the 1000 people that submit a package, only about 100 are accepted.

Once you are accepted, the detailer releases your billet to the SEAL detailer, and you are given orders to BUDs.

Once at BUDs, they do their level best to get you to quit as quickly as possible. Why? They don't want you quitting on them in the field, so it's best to find out as quickly as possible, and the training while physically tough, is more about mental toughness than anything else.

If you have ever watched any of the documentaries that places like the History Channel and the Military Channel did on SEALs and BUDs training, you would have seen that people start dropping out and ringing the bell within a few hours, and lots of them wash out in the first few days. She made it a full week. I can guarantee you that there were lots of guys that rang the bell before she did.

And by the way.............out of the 100 personnel that start the training, only about 25 to 30 will complete it.

I applaud the young lady for trying, having said that I know some pretty tough guys that washed out as well, the cards were certainly stacked against her.

On the larger question of women in certain combat roles, the experiences of the Israelis' is telling. I've read a number of articles citing the huge number of women suffering injuries in the Israeli military. The most common seems to be stress related, physical not mental. Stress fractures and the like are rampant. It is usually blamed on the enormous weights these folks are expected to lug around endlessly. I have no problem with women assuming any role they're qualified for but Israel seems to be questioning the price of lifelong health problems many of these women face afterwards.

Talk to Marine and Army infantrymen. They have many of the same problems. I know of several Marines who had to become medically retired because their knees gave out from hauling their house around on their backs. So, the problem isn't just with the females. Men have some of the same problems.

How long? My entire life....and am retired Navy and have, as a Officer, on occasion, submitted with recommendations some of my sailors for the SEAL program. And my wife was in a support squadron whose main responsibility was ferrying SEAL teams to forward staging areas.

My entire life in the military, government and private sectors. But you ignored my point about unlimited occupational positions. Are you suggesting that the SEALs are authorized an unlimited number of positions and accept all who apply?

My entire life in the military, government and private sectors. But you ignored my point about unlimited occupational positions. Are you suggesting that the SEALs are authorized an unlimited number of positions and accept all who apply?

See post 36 about application to the SEAL program. No, they don't accept all who apply. Out of the 1000 who apply, only about 100 are accepted. Out of the 100 accepted for training, only 25 to 30 make it through.

However...............that being said.....................she DID make it through the application process, she apparently had a successful interview with an active SEAL, as well as her service record must have been impressive enough to be selected for the training.

Are you saying you know better than actual active duty SEALs who should and shouldn't be considered for training? Her commanding officer saw something in her, the SEAL who interviewed her saw something, she passed the initial physical test and the board who determines who is and isn't accepted for training apparently thought she was qualified. Who are you to second guess all those people?

Forum List

Back