Fiscal Responsibility: Trumps Military Parade to cost $92 Million

Remind me again how the GOP is the party of fiscal responsibility and we can't afford to guarantee healthcare for all citizens.

Trump's military parade is estimated to cost $92 million – $80 million more than earlier estimate

"The Department of Defense and its interagency partners have updated their perspective cost estimates for the parade, according to a U.S. defense official with firsthand knowledge of the assessment. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The parade, slated for Nov. 10, is estimated to cost $92 million, the official said. The figure consists of $50 million from the Pentagon and $42 million from interagency partners such as the Department of Homeland Security. An initial estimate last month pegged the prospective cost for the parade at $12 million."

The stress, from watching America being celebrated, will shorten the lives of millions of liberals, leading to massive savings.

43,000 posts and counting.

Imagine if you had a job. You wouldn't have to complain about liberals on the internet while pretending to not be the massive hypocrite that you are.

I'm with the President

Whatever he plans is fine with me.
I'm with the president, too, but not all he plans is fine with me. Just most. ;) He does not hang the moon in my mind. No one does. I am grateful I voted for him and will do so again given the opportunity. He is the perfect imperfect man for the job in this day and age and I pray for him each and every night. He is mighty. He is a stealth soldier.

I'm not into Parades but what the heck; they're good value re propaganda.

Greg
Think of how Pennsylvania Avenue would bear up under the size of those tanks. No, to the parade. America doesn't need and can't afford this dictator-like show of force. The world knows who has the force. The monies would be as much a waste of taxpayer dollars as the omnibus spending bill. But as long as it made Ivanka happy?

Greg
Think of how Pennsylvania Avenue would bear up under the size of those tanks. No, to the parade. America doesn't need and can't afford this dictator-like show of force. The world knows who has the force. The monies would be as much a waste of taxpayer dollars as the omnibus spending bill. But as long as it made Ivanka happy?

The roads do fine. Thank you very much for your concern.

Greg

You would know this, how?

Greg

Considering I work for the Army? How about that for one. :D

Greg

That isn't good enough for me. Do you know how much those tanks weigh and how many would be showcasing and for what length? I mean, where are your stats or are you just tossing out an assumption. Either way, thank you for addressing the issue and for serving our country. :)

Goodnight.

Greg

That isn't good enough for me. Do you know how much those tanks weigh and how many would be showcasing and for what length? I mean, where are your stats or are you just tossing out an assumption. Either way, thank you for addressing the issue and for serving our country. :)

Goodnight.

My daughter is currently stationed on Fort Hood where many of the Abrams and Bradleys are stationed.. I have worked on post where the Armor School was located at Fort Knox before it moved. Many of the training facilities where I volunteer training troops in urban combat are used by tanks and have asphalt roads. The tanks drive many of the same streets as the cars do all over the post. They also use rubber inserts on roadways to prevent the metal treads from tearing up the road.

I'm the wife of a disabled vet and daughter of a Bronze Star recipient dad....a military brat :D, and I am against it!!! A complete waste of money, even for it, next year!
What if they had a section with your nearest and dearest in them to honour them?

Greg
Greg, we are so broke, and overspending like there is no tomorrow.... and would have to borrow, every penny of it!

Even with my dad or husband being part of an honoring of some sort.... my answer is NO! We can live without it... it doesn't improve life for a single citizen, it doesn't make our military any stronger or more powerful, it actually weakens their readiness by taking them away from their duties and training to practice for the parade and spit shine everything....

It's just a bad idea at this time in our history.... like I said, we are broke, in debt up to our eyeballs!!!

Great news! This thing will never come off. Trump, you need a vaca! You are not reading the mood of the people. Spend that 92 MILLION on the veterans! I have never been behind this grandiose egotistical idea of yours. This is NOT your military school mentality anymore. :1peleas:

Trump’s military parade postponed to next year, Pentagon says

Snip:

President Trump's military parade planned for Veterans Day has been postponed until at least next year, the Pentagon announced Thursday.

Pentagon spokesman Col. Rob Manning said in a statement that the Defense Department and White House have agreed to explore potential dates for the parade in 2019.

Many countries far smaller than us have such parades to the applause and pride of their nation.

Oh they have to applaud. If they don't they'll be shot.

iu

Take notes now.

Just more lies of the left.

I don’t see the value of a parade, I wouldn’t watch, wouldn’t care as most Americans wouldn’t care.

Greg

So did I, and enough tank treads repetitively tracking on a street will damage the street, significantly.

America is only great in how it lives up to the DoI and the Constitution.

Great news! This thing will never come off. Trump, you need a vaca! You are not reading the mood of the people. Spend that 92 MILLION on the veterans! I have never been behind this grandiose egotistical idea of yours. This is NOT your military school mentality anymore. :1peleas:

Snip:

President Trump's military parade planned for Veterans Day has been postponed until at least next year, the Pentagon announced Thursday.

Pentagon spokesman Col. Rob Manning said in a statement that the Defense Department and White House have agreed to explore potential dates for the parade in 2019.
To quote Mattis, "You look like an idiot".

Snip:

To quote Mattis, "You look like an idiot".
How so?

There'll always be people into spending money for no reason other than fuzzy feelings about nationalism.
America is the greatest country ever!

How do you define "greatest country"?

Also, it's very subjective. Someone from the US growing up in the US will say the US is the greatest country.
Someone from Spain growing up in Spain will say Spain is the greatest.

Well, if Democrats could cut back on their riots, slob protests, naked weido/pussy parades and mayhem in the streets we could well afford a Patriot All-American parade ... mmm .. in fact, it would be refreshing for a change

Forum List

Back