Five Economic Reforms Millennials Should Be Fighting For

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
It's a new year, but one thing hasn't changed: The economy still blows. Five years after Wall Street crashed, America's banker-gamblers have only gotten richer, while huge swaths of the country are still drowning in personal debt, tens of millions of Americans remain unemployed – and the new jobs being created are largely low-wage, sub-contracted, part-time grunt work.

Millennials have been especially hard-hit by the downturn, which is probably why so many people in this generation (like myself) regard capitalism with a level of suspicion that would have been unthinkable a decade ago. But that egalitarian impulse isn't often accompanied by concrete proposals about how to get out of this catastrophe. Here are a few things we might want to start fighting for, pronto, if we want to grow old in a just, fair society, rather than the economic hellhole our parents have handed us.

1. Guaranteed Work for Everybody
2. Social Security for All
3. Take Back The Land
4. Make Everything Owned by Everybody
5. A Public Bank in Every State

Five Economic Reforms Millennials Should Be Fighting For | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Good read, a clear view into the mind of a Progressive.

Yikes.

Well, there it is. Looking forward to the comments on this one.

I don't think that your going to find any one from the left defend this indefensible monstrosity, although, they may be nodding in agreement.

Yikes.

Well, there it is. Looking forward to the comments on this one.

I don't think that your going to find any one from the left defend this indefensible monstrosity, although, they may be nodding in agreement.

In the end, that's what the far left wants, but you're correct, most of them will be reluctant to publicly state so.

Forum List

Back