flawed thinking?

Right. Some are going to apply to NYU, or Columbia, or some other college.

I was thinking the other end of the spectrum, the ones that dont even bother to apply for any post-secondary education.

This is a sample of the peopel who WANT to go post-secondary, and end up in the community college system. This is the mid ground of your academic scale, not the bottom end. If the mid scale has an 80% remediation rate, what does that say of the drop outs and the just graduate and go to workers?

If they are not turning away applicants, they are getting the lower echelon of students coming in.

ONLY if you dont count those who don't even apply. The discussion is about high school graduate ability, not community college entering class ability. While community college gets the lower tier of those who want to CONTINUE thier education, those applying are not the lowest tier of high schoolers COMPLETING thier education, which has to include those not even bothering to apply to something they have to be accepted into.

The NYC community colleges have to take all applicants.

They may have to take all, but it does not mean that everyone applies.

So you do not understand the reason and role of community colleges, martybegan.

I have a pefectly fine understanding of community colleges. They exist to provide graduates of programs deemed to need only a two year associates degree, as well as a stepping stone for those not yet ready for a 4 year insitution.

What we have in NYC is basically make up schools to cover for what high schools are missing. Also the inital discussion was about what the high schools are putting out. What the community colleges are required to accept is a topic of another debate.

New York is an example of liberalism taken to an absurd extreme. I can’t fathom why Bloomberg has not been canned already; he is representative of the WORST that the left can offer.

I have a pefectly fine understanding of community colleges. They exist to provide graduates of programs deemed to need only a two year associates degree, as well as a stepping stone for those not yet ready for a 4 year insitution.

What we have in NYC is basically make up schools to cover for what high schools are missing. Also the inital discussion was about what the high schools are putting out. What the community colleges are required to accept is a topic of another debate.

So you "blah blah blah" in other word. You are entitled to your unenlightened opinion, of course.

So you "blah blah blah" in other word. You are entitled to your unenlightened opinion, of course.

Considering you have no opinion worth typing evidently, my opinion is far superior to yours.

So kindly sod off, you rep turned off coward.

You are the leading example of this type of opinion, marty, so lead on, macduff.

The 80% are those who enrolled in NYC community colleges.

Let's tell the whole truth here, and not spin a lie.

You do understand that that would mean the 80% High School figure is even higher. :cuckoo: Do you understand simple math?

Im not sure that is accurate. Because there are some students who wont go to NYC community colleges. Some will go on to private universities and State colleges. i would guess that those going to private universities would be from the more intelligent of the NYC High School pool. So the number should theoretically be lower.

Of course, those accepted at Private universities could be in much of the same predicament.

I would hope that their purpose is much simpler: To educate people.

Unfortunately, i dont think universities are doing that as much nowadays.

Why don't you just tell him wha you think the reason and role of community college is? why the need to insult?

Right, those were the ones that thought they had what it take to go to college, just think how bad the rest are.

And what about the ones who skipped community college and went straight to a four year private university?

Right, those were the ones that thought they had what it take to go to college, just think how bad the rest are.

And what about the ones who skipped community college and went straight to a four year private university?

Are you assuming they were all admitted with out any conditions for remedial study? I seriously doubt that is the case.

Forum List

Back