Florida gay club shooters mosque set on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
...What parts of the bible do you believe?
I believe all of it. Every word.
Lying is a sin.

img_0943.png

This clown D.W says the verses dealing with Hebrew Jew dietary laws say you should hate people who eat pork, just for eating pork ... Posts verses about the animal to back his claim, fails miserably, and calls ME a liar?

That's rich, Diarrheal Winds.

I'm not lying so....yeah...
Since you've done so several times on this thread alone, you should be able to understand why I don't believe you.

Examples:
You've proven nothing. You're nothing more than a delusional junkie.
This clown D.W says the verses dealing with Hebrew Jew dietary laws say you should hate people who eat pork, just for eating pork ... Posts verses about the animal to back his claim, fails miserably, and calls ME a liar?

sofia-vergara-e1344703853124.png

I don't hate something I don't believe in.
If none of those stories are real, then how do you know what to believe?
What parts of the bible do you believe?
First, I think most of the Bible (and Torah) is based on the perceptions of desert nomads. Some based on stories told around campfires for generations and some based on the history of the Hebrews as they moved from Egypt to Israel. The New Testament was written a few to several decades after the Crucifixion. Furthermore, the entire Bible was canonized in 325AD by a group of Christians who hand-picked which books to put in the Bible and which to leave out.

In answer to your question, I take the entire Bible as a book of wisdom. Much more than Aesop's Fables since it also includes social laws akin to Hammurabi's Code and history (even if flawed in the retelling). It's not necessary to believe the entire Bible or even part of it. What's important, IMO, is to understand that there is a lot more to existence than meets the eye.
I don't doubt a supreme being, I just don't believe in man made gods.

First, I think most of the Bible (and Torah) is based on the perceptions of desert nomads. Some based on stories told around campfires for generations and some based on the history of the Hebrews as they moved from Egypt to Israel. The New Testament was written a few to several decades after the Crucifixion. Furthermore, the entire Bible was canonized in 325AD by a group of Christians who hand-picked which books to put in the Bible and which to leave out.

In answer to your question, I take the entire Bible as a book of wisdom. Much more than Aesop's Fables since it also includes social laws akin to Hammurabi's Code and history (even if flawed in the retelling). It's not necessary to believe the entire Bible or even part of it. What's important, IMO, is to understand that there is a lot more to existence than meets the eye.
Well if that's the case, there's no reason for you to believe in a God period. The only God that you can be aware of is one another man has told you about. Or one you have made up in your own mind.

I have stated I don't believe in it. But we are discussing this from a biblical POV....
As previously stated, not all parts of the Bible are to be taken literal. I know some people do such as Young Earth Creationists who believe the world is only 6000 years old and, as per this thread, the homophobic cherry-pickers who condone adultery, bearing false witness against others and, among other things, hate others contrary to the teachings of Jesus.

In short, by taking the story of the flood and using that to justify hating God seems rather odd to me.
So you believe there was no disease prior to around 2K BC even though science says that's bullshit?
Where does the bible say there was no disease until 2k BC?
2K BC is the most acceptable guess as to when the flood happened. This si from biblical scholars. The same ones that interpret what you believe. Why do you think people supposedly lived to be 900 years old? Hell man, grapes didn't even ferment till after the flood.

I'm not lying so....yeah...
Since you've done so several times on this thread alone, you should be able to understand why I don't believe you.

Examples:
You've proven nothing. You're nothing more than a delusional junkie.

sofia-vergara-e1344703853124.png
That's not called lying, dummy. You have yet to dispute that you alter your 'consciousness' with psychedelic drugs. So I assume you are a drug user.

The problem with libertarians(the extremely socially liberal ones) and liberal-leftists is they think they're more intelligent than they are.
I mean, I get it. That's just one fo the reasons I could never believe in him. Doesn't make much sense. A lot like how, if something was intelligent enough to make everything, I think narcissism and blind worship wouldn't be their priorities.
I don't necessarily doubt a supreme being, just ones that were made by man.
I do, however, completely respect people for having faith(in some ways, In some ways I don't). Sometimes, it seems like faith is a gift.
Can you give me the best example you can think of of God's tyranny? I might be able to explain better with a more detailed example. Don't get me wrong, I can see how it would appear to someone who hasn't done a lot of bible study that some of what God commanded would seem tyrannical.
I have done a lot of studying. You shouldn't assume that.
The flood. The world wasn't going his way so he killed everyone and made disease.
The world was entirely evil.
Where is he at now? Where has he been for 2K years?
Weird how back in the age on ignorance God was everywhere. We discover we aren't the center fo the universe and he disappears..
I suggest you read and study Revelations... It'll answer your question better than I. He is preparing for His return.
His "return" was also the reason Peter the Hermit invaded Jerusalem and killed men, women and children. But it never happened.

Well if that's the case, there's no reason for you to believe in a God period. The only God that you can be aware of is one another man has told you about. Or one you have made up in your own mind.
I don't. "god" is a man made term to describe the higher power you believe in.
I just don't doubt a supreme being. There are too many qiestions of our existence to doubt a supreme being. At least at this point.

As previously stated, not all parts of the Bible are to be taken literal. I know some people do such as Young Earth Creationists who believe the world is only 6000 years old and, as per this thread, the homophobic cherry-pickers who condone adultery, bearing false witness against others and, among other things, hate others contrary to the teachings of Jesus.

In short, by taking the story of the flood and using that to justify hating God seems rather odd to me.
So you believe there was no disease prior to around 2K BC even though science says that's bullshit?
Where does the bible say there was no disease until 2k BC?
2K BC is the most acceptable guess as to when the flood happened. This si from biblical scholars. The same ones that interpret what you believe. Why do you think people supposedly lived to be 900 years old? Hell man, grapes didn't even ferment till after the flood.
Okay, but that doesn't address my question. I asked where the bible says that...and since you asked your question after I said I believe the word of God entirely, I was asking where in the actual bible does it say that or even hint at it?

The problem with libertarians(the extremely socially liberal ones) and liberal-leftists is they think they're more intelligent than they are.
Can you give me the best example you can think of of God's tyranny? I might be able to explain better with a more detailed example. Don't get me wrong, I can see how it would appear to someone who hasn't done a lot of bible study that some of what God commanded would seem tyrannical.
I have done a lot of studying. You shouldn't assume that.
The flood. The world wasn't going his way so he killed everyone and made disease.
The world was entirely evil.
Where is he at now? Where has he been for 2K years?
Weird how back in the age on ignorance God was everywhere. We discover we aren't the center fo the universe and he disappears..
I suggest you read and study Revelations... It'll answer your question better than I. He is preparing for His return.
His "return" was also the reason Peter the Hermit invaded Jerusalem and killed men, women and children. But it never happened.
Read revelations again. You'll understand why Peter the hermit was wrong.

I just don't doubt a supreme being. There are too many qiestions of our existence to doubt a supreme being. At least at this point.
'Supreme Being' is also a man made term.

Then you and I are more in agreement than you think. What do we call this "supreme being"? God? Allah? The Great Turtle? Does it matter? No, it doesn't. It's just a reference to this supreme power which, for all we know, we're part of being. What does matter is how and what people attribute to this power or does in the name of this power such as spread racial or homophobic hate toward others and/or advocate the murder of people because they are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back