Florida Gov. DeSantis Has Just Signed A Bill Into Law That Would Allow Everyday Floridians To Sue Big Tech Platforms For Monetary Damages

I love this solution. It won't matter if Blue states don't follow suit. All the red state lawsuits will bankrupt the Big tech companies.

JUST IN - Florida Gov. DeSantis has just signed a bill into law that would allow everyday Floridians to sue Big Tech Platforms for monetary damages.
Is Florida going to cover their legal bills when they lose?
Florida has some really shyster ambulance chasing attorney's-----------------CLASS ACTION BABY. Communist chi-coms zuckerberg and his wife better hope that these slimeballs don't get court order discovery...

And that he is PAYING off secretary of states and others involved in the elections doesn't pop up through discovery....showing a pattern of corruption of election system at China's will.

Last edited:
Nazi liberals are going to hate this

This is a joke.. DeSantis is playing for a headline.
Nope. He just stuck a dagger into the belly of the big tech monster.

You ready to sue US Message Board if they kick you off?
I don't make money off of US Message Board.

However, I could make money off of Facebook, You Tube and even Twitter.

Being Libtard Nazi assholes will have consequences in Florida.

Social media need rebooting anyway
It became mostly anti social media and never achieved anything near its potential to be a discussion of various topics with input exchange of ideas. Instead it has been mostly a name calling forum with very selective censorship of who gets to say what.
There's no way that government can force it to be what you want.
Florida is starting that process. It’s not a matter of what I want, it’s a matter that social media in general is false advertising and very discriminatory as to what type of customer it will permit. Again, private does not mean do whatever you want to.

Gov. DeSantis’s Proposed Law Penalizing Social Media Companies for De-Platforming Politicians Is ‘Hilariously Unconstitutional’

That 1974 case, Miami Herald v. Tornillo, was cited by all three experts Law&Crime contacted.

“The Supreme Court struck down the law, ruling that it violated the newspapers’ First Amendment right to choose which content to run or not run,” Cohn said. “In invalidating that law, the Court expressly rejected the very same argument people make for regulating content moderation today: that concentration of ownership and ‘monopoly of the means of communication’ justifies forcing private parties to carry certain speech. But the Court found it unconstitutional then, and it remains unconstitutional now.”

Professor Daxton “Chip” Stewart, a media law expert who referred to the proposal as “hilariously unconstitutional,” said that DeSantis exhibited a fundamental misunderstanding of corporations’ rights.

“Basically, DeSantis seems to forget that private companies like Facebook and Twitter have First Amendment rights, too,” Stewart noted. “The government can’t force them to host speech they don’t want to, or threaten punishment like these absurd fines for refusing to give platforms to people they find intolerable. Just as a platform can remove accounts of terrorists or the KKK or a cabal that conspires to violently overthrow the government, they can remove accounts of any other individual.”

I just heard, "Look, I found someone on the Internet who agrees with me! Now I don't have to think for myself!!"

Unfortunately these Big Tech companies have got so big and become an everyday part of American life that they have to be held accountable for being shitheads.

Facebook is not US Message Board.

Same rules.. This board is privately owned just like facebook. DeSantis is too stupid for words.
Facebook claims we aren't allowed to sue it because it's a "platform" protected from lawsuits under rule 230. It also claims it's allowed to control it's content any way it wants to.

Both claims can't both be true.

You are too stupid for words. The all-out assault on Facebook, youTube and twitter is about to begin.

I'm not sure you understand the lawsuit stuff. They can't be sued for CONTENT - you can sue if you get banned, but good luck.

I love this solution. It won't matter if Blue states don't follow suit. All the red state lawsuits will bankrupt the Big tech companies.

JUST IN - Florida Gov. DeSantis has just signed a bill into law that would allow everyday Floridians to sue Big Tech Platforms for monetary damages.
He is the greatest governor in history. I hope they all sue for 200 billion. Fauci says cuomo is the greatest governor because he killed so many elderly. I cant agree.
I wonder if any of those lawsuits will be filed before the Babbitt lawsuit. We're still waiting for that one.

Unfortunately these Big Tech companies have got so big and become an everyday part of American life that they have to be held accountable for being shitheads.

How funny .. You don't hold Trump accountable for lies, slander, threats, negligence. Why not? You don't have to put up with that crap.

Get Congress to update the laws.

Good luck.

We can do it here in Florida by ourselves, thank you very much.

These filthy ass companies can be Nazis elsewhere.

Update the laws? You mean change the Constitution for Trump trash?Well, that's Florida for you.

Good luck.

Exactly. We the people receive the information and decide what we believe or don’t, accept or dismiss. It’s illegal for Big Brother tech to vacate our right and do that “for” us especially when their actions are entirely political affiliation oriented.

Good luck.

Update the laws? You mean change the Constitution for Trump trash?Well, that's Florida for you.

What part of the Constitution says that you can't sue someone for monetary damages?

Good luck.

Good luck.

Wouldn't it be funny if they just quit doing business in Florida?

Good luck.

Exactly. We the people receive the information and decide what we believe or don’t, accept or dismiss. It’s illegal for Big Brother tech to vacate our right and do that “for” us especially when their actions are entirely political affiliation oriented.

Even newspapers don't have to publish your letters to the editor if they are lies , slanders and threats or just stupid.. You have some very strange ideas. You know Facebook also has freedom of speech.

Good luck.

Good luck.

I was thinking the same thing. Why bother with Trump and Florida at all.

Facebook is not US Message Board.

Same rules.. This board is privately owned just like facebook. DeSantis is too stupid for words.
Facebook claims we aren't allowed to sue it because it's a "platform" protected from lawsuits under rule 230. It also claims it's allowed to control it's content any way it wants to.

Both claims can't both be true.

You are too stupid for words. The all-out assault on Facebook, youTube and twitter is about to begin.

I'm not sure you understand the lawsuit stuff. They can't be sued for CONTENT - you can sue if you get banned, but good luck.
wrong.

Good luck.

Even newspapers don't have to publish your letters to the editor if they are lies , slanders and threats or just stupid.. You have some very strange ideas. You know Facebook also has freedom of speech.
Newspapers can be sued, and often are.

Good luck.

Good luck.

How would they manage that?

Forum List

Back