Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis To Sign Bill Banning Social Media ‘Deplatforming’

I’m surprised no one really is talking about the fact that this bill is creating special privileges specifically for politicians.

I'm surprised you're still digging for almond roca in the cat box. What's more shocking is even that isn't as stupid as your post.

Boooooooyaaaaaaaaa!!! F U big tech....who needs ya...go away....
That’s funny. Who needs big tech? Obviously Republicans otherwise they wouldn’t be whining so much about big tech being mean to them.
When big tech becomes as important as electricity, mail and telephone service for functioning in modern society, it will become a regulated utility like electricity, mail and telephone service and providers will no longer have control over what gets said on their platforms, any more than AT&T has the authority to monitor and shut down your phone if someone doesn't like you bad-mouthing Quid Pro Biden on a phone call.
It’s easy to say the internet is as important, but there’s nothing vital about social media platforms.

There’s a huge difference between social media which publishes and promotes user submitted content and a phone call.
I certainly agree the internet itself will become a regulated utility before social media ever would, and I expect that within a few decades.

It’s easy to say the internet is as important, but there’s nothing vital about social media platforms.

There’s a huge difference between social media which publishes and promotes user submitted content and a phone call.

Social media is more important than the press, and we ALL know it.

I certainly agree the internet itself will become a regulated utility before social media ever would, and I expect that within a few decades
Already occurred in the Obama administration with net neutrality, although that was reversed under Trump.

Congress needs to update the law.

Absolutely not. Speech cannot be considered an in kind contribution. Doing so would be considered a violation of the first amendment by the government.

More ignorance from the jackbooted morons of the Reich.

Twatface and Fascistbook provide free advertising to the Reich by silencing all opposition speech. That is an in-kind contribution to the Reich and to all Reich candidates.

Twatface and Fascistbook provide free advertising to the Reich by silencing all opposition speech.
You can’t tell the difference between speech and advertising?

The law can. Your article specifically states that the contribution was for advertising, you know a good that is sold as value. Think with your head for five seconds and tell me how it would be legal for Murdoch to contribute hour after hour of cable TV programming that is beneficial for Republicans?

Maybe, maybe not. Seems debatable to me.

It also seems irrelevant. You have no more right to social media posting than to be publicized in the press.

No one said I do. What is said is that if fascist media promotes the Reich and candidates of the Reich, they are providing campaign services which have monetary value, it is in-kind contributions and violates both federal and Florida Law. Florida intends to start enforcing laws against our tech overlords.

I get it, the Reich is immune to all law and the idea that laws apply to those who are so vital in promoting and furthering the agenda of the Reich angers and frightens you. If the Reich were held to the same laws Americans are held to, your filthy party would collapse.

What is said is that if fascist media promotes the Reich and candidates of the Reich, they are providing campaign services which have monetary value, it is in-kind contributions and violates both federal and Florida Law.
It doesn’t. If it did, Fox News, conservative talk radio and a host of other media outfits would have been out of business a LOOONG time ago.

Way too funny, they're violating the first amendment by preventing a company from violating peoples first amendment...only the looney left could come up with this.

preventing a company from violating peoples first amendment
This is a misinterpretation of what the first amendment is. Twitter is not violating anyone’s first amendment rights.

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances”

See where it says Congress shall make no law? Twitter ain’t Congress.

republicans strike again. Now they are taking first amendment rights from social media.

They are regulating the internet. And violating the first amendment to do it. They are also violating section 230 of the communications decency act.

What happened to their screaming that business owners have the right to decide who they serve or do business with? That was a lie too.

They are showing that their hate for regulations was all a lie. They love regulating business just not in a responsible way.

Their beliefs are of convenience not real beliefs.

I'm thinking youre a little confused how the 1st A works,,,
Nope. You are.
and yet you failed to explain why I'm wrong,,

the 1st is meant for the people not companies,,
Looks like Fla passed an unconstitutional law that abridges the freedom of the Press. Newspapers, the Press, were companies.

considering youre blind explains your ignorance,,

now get someone to read the law to you and you will hear that it protects journalist from being banned,,

preventing a company from violating peoples first amendment
This is a misinterpretation of what the first amendment is. Twitter is not violating anyone’s first amendment rights.

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances”

See where it says Congress shall make no law? Twitter ain’t Congress.
STFU, you're one of them stupid folks.

It doesn’t. If it did, Fox News, conservative talk radio and a host of other media outfits would have been out of business a LOOONG time ago.

None of those operate as "public forums."

You're not very good at this.

Really, your Reich gives you insanely stupid talking points to spew.

Forum List

Back