Florida gun registration

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
I'm going to move to Florida next year and was curious about their gun laws. I've read some websites tell you that guns brought into Florida must be registered within 3 days, but other sites that say gun registration in Florida is illegal. So, WTF? We're not talking about a regulated item that you have to pay $200 for, just a couple of handguns. .22LR and .22Mag to be exact.

guns brought into Florida must be registered within 3 days

THAT'S FUNNY.
  • Just imagine if anything with the government themselves worked that quickly and efficiently!
  • Three days? What if you move there on a Friday? That means you only have till the following Monday to register when everything is closed over the weekend?
  • Can you imagine moving to another state and having nothing more important to do than to register your guns within the first three days before you even unpack?
  • How do you register in three days when the postal mail does not even move that fast?
  • Three days isn't even enough time to learn all of the laws of the state you just moved to much less having already known and registered within three days!
  • Why does the government put such impossible restrictions on law-abiding people who aren't the problem at all while doing nothing about those actually committing the crimes?

I'm not making this up:

According to Florida law, all firearms acquired or brought into the state must be registered within three business days. This applies to both handguns and long guns, including rifles and shotguns. It’s crucial to complete the registration process in a timely manner to avoid any legal consequences.
Then there's this: (for Florida)

Gun Laws Overview​

RIFLES & SHOTGUNSHANDGUNS
Permit to PurchaseNoNo
Registration of FirearmsNoNo
Licensing of OwnersNoNo
Permit to CarryNoYes

I was given to understand that gun registration is illegal in Florida. As it should be IMHO, unless it falls under certain types of firearms.

Forum List

Back