Florida Passes “Anti-Science” Law

[
Kids SHOULD be encouraged to challenge scientific facts. Encourage them to do research and find out for themselves, or give them experiments that demonstrate the facts. That's far better than teaching them to accept everything uncritically just because a "scientist" said so.

Exactly. Science always challenges ideas and demands proof.

But AGW is a religion, not science; hence the reliance upon dogma rather than verifiable fact.

AGW denial is the religion. The Religion of stupid, ignorant, feeble minded people.

AGW is based on science.

Which is why you can't handle it being challenged

Challrnge based on facts & the truth is fine. Challenge through repeating bullshit & lies is not.
That’s the problem: theists won’t base their challenges on facts and the truth; they’ll instead base their challenges on subjective religious dogma devoid of facts and the truth.

What are the "Facts" YOU DON"T KNOW THE FACTS!!! It is sad that so many people have been indoctrinated by targeted propaganda that is designed to take trillions of dollars from the working class public, make it harder for them to get jobs, and slow the rate of business expansion JUST to feed the wealth of political regalist class of scum.
Yet another dumbass who is too ignorant to do research & learn about Global Warming.
It looks to me like he has done research and learned about Global Warming. He isn't a dumbass who was swallowed the con like you have.

[
Kids SHOULD be encouraged to challenge scientific facts. Encourage them to do research and find out for themselves, or give them experiments that demonstrate the facts. That's far better than teaching them to accept everything uncritically just because a "scientist" said so.

Exactly. Science always challenges ideas and demands proof.

But AGW is a religion, not science; hence the reliance upon dogma rather than verifiable fact.

AGW denial is the religion. The Religion of stupid, ignorant, feeble minded people.

AGW is based on science.

Which is why you can't handle it being challenged

Challrnge based on facts & the truth is fine. Challenge through repeating bullshit & lies is not.
We're talking about kids here. Just what do you think they're bringing to the table?

Facts cannot be challenged.

The sky is blue and water boils at 100c. Period.
Exactly.

That Christians and other theists fear the teaching of facts and objective, documented evidence is not justification for them to challenge the teaching of those facts in schools – this inane law is clearly a disservice to Florida public school students.
Why the children challenge what they're told is irrelevant. That they ARE challenging and not blindly accepting a narrative is VERY relevant.

Scott's an absolute dickhead. He bought the Florida governorship with the money he got by Medicare fraud. He's an absolutes fuckhead too.

Resist!

Conservatives in Florida got their wish last Monday when their governor, Rick Scott signed a bill into law guaranteeing scientific facts taught in public schools can be challenged if they offend an individual’s personal beliefs.

Climate change tops the list of such facts denied by conservatives. But will they be as happy about this law when they find their homes waste-deep in seawater? Or, when they are finally forced to tread water 24/7 if they wish to remain in Florida?

The oceans ARE rising, and Florida’s conservatives will eventually discover how burying their head’s in the sand will have them drowning much sooner. This is going to make being a devoted Republican much, much more difficult.

Two Sad Ironies In Florida Passing Its 'Anti-Science' Law

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 136518

Debating a conservative is like playing chess with a pigeon, they wander around the board aimlessly, sh!t on everything, and still believe they won. And they prove this over and over and over.

Damn straight Brother! Their resources are and have been for over a decade the true fake news. Those fucks don't know anything President Obama accomplished except for AHA. Sad! #Resist

Resist!

water boils at 100c. Period.
Depends on your altitude.

Water boiling point is a couple of degrees lower in Denver, Colorado. ... :cool:
The boiling point also Depends on the impurities in the water.
Then it isn't water. It's water with shit added.
Right on. But I think the idea being related is that saying "water" without qualification is technically incorrect. To boil at 100 dg C or freeze at 0 dg C it should be said "pure" water at sea level.

That's a given by stating 100c, dope.
No it isn't moron, that's the point, moron.

What are the "Facts" YOU DON"T KNOW THE FACTS!!! It is sad that so many people have been indoctrinated by targeted propaganda that is designed to take trillions of dollars from the working class public, make it harder for them to get jobs, and slow the rate of business expansion JUST to feed the wealth of political regalist class of scum.
Yet another dumbass who is too ignorant to do research & learn about Global Warming.
It looks to me like he has done research and learned about Global Warming. He isn't a dumbass who was swallowed the con like you have.
I'm sorry but listening to Rush Limbaugh & his dumber twin Trump is not doing research. Well, at least not doing research like smart people do.

Anyone who denies MMGW is a fucking idiot. Like you., Dumber than shit.

I'm sorry but listening to Rush Limbaugh & his dumber twin Trump is not doing research. Well, at least not doing research like smart people do.

What were the results of the last climate experiment you conducted? What did you use as your control?

What were the results of the last climate experiment you conducted? What did you use as your control?
When was the last tine you performed tests to see if the medicine you take will help? What tests did you do to make sure your milk wass not contaminated?

You;re being quite the ass.

When was the last tine you performed tests to see if the medicine you take will help? What tests did you do to make sure your milk wass not contaminated?

What do either of those have to do with the global warming con?

Look asswipe, are you sofa king stupid that you can;t remember what was posted.

You asked when was the last time I conducted an experiment about MMGW implying that research must be this & not reading the literature.

So, evidently, in order to know whether the medicine you take will work, you must have run the experiments. Right? Did you do it. Huh? Did you????

Conservatives in Florida got their wish last Monday when their governor, Rick Scott signed a bill into law guaranteeing scientific facts taught in public schools can be challenged if they offend an individual’s personal beliefs.

Climate change tops the list of such facts denied by conservatives. But will they be as happy about this law when they find their homes waste-deep in seawater? Or, when they are finally forced to tread water 24/7 if they wish to remain in Florida?

The oceans ARE rising, and Florida’s conservatives will eventually discover how burying their head’s in the sand will have them drowning much sooner. This is going to make being a devoted Republican much, much more difficult.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 136518

Debating a conservative is like playing chess with a pigeon, they wander around the board aimlessly, sh!t on everything, and still believe they won. And they prove this over and over and over.

Climate change is a "Fact"? Oh, that must be why there are absolutely zero repeatable lab experiments linking a 120PPM increase in CO2 with a change in temperature

Look asswipe, are you sofa king stupid that you can;t remember what was posted.

You asked when was the last time I conducted an experiment about MMGW implying that research must be this & not reading the literature.

So, evidently, in order to know whether the medicine you take will work, you must have run the experiments. Right? Did you do it. Huh? Did you????
Somebody ran the experiments, moron. No one has run any experiments that prove global warming is valid.

mainco2mappia18934.jpg

O-CO2 satellite showing rain forests, and not industry are actually the largest emitters of CO2

View attachment 136518

Climate change is a "Fact"? Oh, that must be why there are absolutely zero repeatable lab experiments linking a 120PPM increase in CO2 with a change in temperature
www.ces.fau.edu/nasa/content/teacher-materials/greenhouse-effect.docx

An experiment even a dumbass like you can run showing increased CO2 can cause warming.

mainco2mappia18934.jpg

O-CO2 satellite showing rain forests, and not industry are actually the largest emitters of CO2

Wow. You are sooooooooooooo smart.

Our climate was based on the natural emissions of CO2. The Earth could remove as much CO2 as was being added.

Then along came the industrial revolution and the start of ever increasing man made CO2 emissions.

No one ever said man was the greatest emitter, jackass.

Man has increased the CO2 levels beyond where they would be without these emissions & this is changing our climate.

'Seriously, how the fuck did you get this stupid?

That's exactly what they do. The assertions made on this thread are unfounded.
How do you know this to be true?

The obvious response is, how do you know it's not true?

I have dozens of friends and acquaintances that are educators. I have also been involved with parent organizations as well as my own children since my kids have been in school.
I see the books, the handouts and assist my children with their studies.

Is that a reasonable answer?

Yet, every time we say that some of our best friends are black or Jewish or gay, you liberals dismiss that immediately! Why should we not do the same?

Speak to the points rather than simply argue.
Do you have kids in school? What is your personal experience on the subject?
How does it differ?

I am a teacher, dumbass!

Not likely. You then should be able to break it all down for us and speak directly to the points I have made.

[

Is that the way it's presented in schools?
What is your personal experience if any?

Are you saying that children should be able to make up any answer they like on a test and not be held to account?

AGW is presented to children as sacred truth to never be questioned. The real crime is that in our universities, where science once flourished, any research that would call into question the faith and scriptures is outlawed. Thou shalt not study the climate, only the scriptures ABOUT the climate.

Real science is not religion, and real scientists, I have a Ph.D. and count myself as one, don't blindly follow dogma.

Peer-Reviewed Survey Finds Majority Of Scientists Skeptical Of Global Warming Crisis

AGW is presented to children as sacred truth to never be questioned.

Bullshit.

Of course you offer nothing that supports your claim.

Forum List

Back