Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

Then let the parents punish Disney, let them punish Disney by not giving them their money. If enough parents truly care then Disney will get the message.

The parents are punishing Disney ... They vote for who represents them in the Florida State Legislature.
The Florida State Legislature is in charge of Florida ... Not Disney ... :auiqs.jpg:

That's why I said the Florida State Legislature had to remind Disney who is in charge ... Because they weren't getting the message.

Actions has consequences, GG.
It's a very simple concept.

Yes it is. It is the guiding philosophy of every authoritarian government that ever existed. I am old enough to remember when the folks on the right in this country were not that way.

I guess DeSantis is pissed at all the perks that were afforded to Disney, and then Disney pulls
a hot topic stunt as they did.
Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

DeSantis never mentioned this prior to Disney daring to not bow down to him. This has nothing to do with him disagreeing with the arrangement that benefited both the state and the company.

This is 100% pure retribution, nothing else.

DeSantis is sending a message to everyone in the state, toe the line or be punished.

No, this just shows a petty politician practicing crony capitalism.

The florida senate just proves their sycophant status in the cult.
The stupid Moon Bats usually claim they hate big corporations.

However, if the corporation is Disney Groomers, inc. then everything is Jim Dandy.

Just like the Moon Bats say they hate corporations but supported The Worthless Negro bailing out GM, Chrysler and several big Wall St banks.

Yes it is. It is the guiding philosophy of every authoritarian government that ever existed. I am old enough to remember when the folks on the right in this country were not that way.

DeSantis never mentioned this prior to Disney daring to not bow down to him. This has nothing to do with him disagreeing with the arrangement that benefited both the state and the company.

DeSantis is sending a message to everyone in the state, toe the line or be punished.
You are welcome to your opinion, others would disagree with you. But, it's a cycle I'm just going to leave for another day.
Good discussion

Just heard it on the radio. There are estimates that this will cost Disney up to $200 million per year.

Not to mention they're going to have to apply for a permit for absolutely everything now. Bye-bye to the days where they can just pop up a building or add a bunch of wild animals to a property without a permit. Nightly fireworks? They're going to be paying out the ass for that permit.
Would cost less than half that to buy 23 new state senators.

Liberals love taxes. The Democrats in Orange County can now charge Disney property taxes, fees for building inspections, fees for business licenses, impact fees, etc. Doesn't matter how much they like Disney's politics, there is money to be had and the Democrats in Orange County and Orlando are just the bunch to get it

Actions has consequences, GG.
It's a very simple concept.

I guess DeSantis is pissed at all the perks that were afforded to Disney, and then Disney pulls
a hot topic stunt as they did.
Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
Exactly why letting the government feed you is, always, a bad idea.

Last edited:
Would be fun as hell to see the state of Florida try and find a new way to bring in $75 billion annual economic impact comes from Disney

I'm pretty sure some entity could buy it from Disney, especially in a fire sale.
Nothing Disney won't be more on the losing end of.

Oh ... We are supposed to pretend no one has thought of this crap yet ... :auiqs.jpg:

Sometimes standing up for what's right is more important than money. Money is great, but it doesn't mean it's more important than morals.

Besides, Florida now will make money off the permits Disney has to buy among other things.

Florida won't. The county will and the county is going to have a lot of heavy travel roads to repave and swamp land to keep dry.

The irony of an idiot like you demanding that people wear masks and get an experimental drug put into them or be fired (that’s authoritarian) now crying that Disney has to follow the same rules everybody else does.

They won't lose a dime. Disney attendance will not go down, in fact this year will be a record year.
I wish nothing bad on Disney. They've made millions of children smile for a lot of years.

And, I don't object to them putting little pink and purple unicorns in their cartoons.

I think though, they should stay out of politics. My opinion only. A company like that, that makes its money from children and their parents, needs to be careful that way

I don't object to them being (ot trying to be) inclusive. I'd just like them to stay out of my face about it, and my family's faces.

It's hard enough raising a child, to be an alert upstanding human being. We don't need the extra pressure. We're a mixed race family to begin with, we get "enough" opinions already. We're trying to navigate a social pathway that seems to be getting narrower by the minute.

We'll keep frequenting Disney World and Disneyland, my kids would shoot me if I told them it was off limits just because of some nutty politics. :)

The irony of an idiot like you demanding that people wear masks and get an experimental drug put into them or be fired (that’s authoritarian) now crying that Disney has to follow the same rules everybody else does.
So, it's the apples and oranges argument. One involves public heath during a pandemic and the other the feelings of a politician.

Hmmmm.

First, I am in complete agreement with the legislation which keeps teachers from talking to young kids about sexual identity issues. That shouldn't happen.

I don't know how comfortable I am with the State punishing Disney for their opposition to that legislation, though. Unless there's something in Disney's current agreements with the State which would allow them to ignore that legislation (and I don't think there is), I just don't see the reason to punish them.

I'll admit to not being fully versed on this issue so, if I'm missing something, please tell me. But I just think it's wrong to punish someone simply because they have a different opinion...
Disney picked the fight. They can't much complain when their opponent lands a right hook on their jaw.

So, it's the apples and oranges argument. One involves public heath during a pandemic and the other the feelings of a politician.
Hurts when your own standards get used against you doesn’t it racist? By your standards, both are authoritarian measures. But of course you bow for your Dem masters....

Disney picked the fight. They can't much complain when their opponent lands a right hook on their jaw.
On the flip side they could drag this through court for years, in the interim, taking a very strong interest in insuring none of the politicians are re-elected.

Additionally this sends a strong signal to business. Don't come to Florida.

Forum List

Back