Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

Does not matter. Speech is being punished by the government. Peaceful dissent is being punished by the government. Merely the act of expressing a different opinion than the government is being punished.

And you support it all. I would tell you to be careful what you ask for, but somehow I think you look forward to a country where no dissent at all is allowed.
So when people were not getting the vaccine and protesting getting, you were against that? Government should allow the protester to not get vaxxed and not impose any penalty, like losing a job?

Does not matter. Speech is being punished by the government. Peaceful dissent is being punished by the government. Merely the act of expressing a different opinion than the government is being punished.

And you support it all. I would tell you to be careful what you ask for, but somehow I think you look forward to a country where no dissent at all is allowed.
From what I see from the left, silencing dissent has been here for a few years now. Just happens this time it's against your side
of the isle and you're pissed.
I feel the big issue is the particular subject matter. Don't piss off the parents.

Disney will lose some convivences and will have to pay more in taxes. But they will lose major expenses. If the taxes are too high they will add an extra couple bucks to each ticket.

The county/state government will now have to preform and provide many services that Disney used to do themselves. Any gain in taxes by the county/state governments will go to pay for these things.

Keep in mind also that Disney brings in billions to the state coffers. Does the state have a way to replace this money if it is lost?
They won't lose a dime. Disney attendance will not go down, in fact this year will be a record year.

So when people were not getting the vaccine and protesting getting, you were against that? Government should allow the protester to not get vaxxed and not impose any penalty, like losing a job?

Yes, I think. I do not think the Govt should force anyone to get the vaccine. The Govt should not do anything to those protesting against it unless they break some other law in the process.

The county will now be in charge and responsible for those things. Lets Disney off the hook it seems.

Maybe not since there is nothing to prevent them from CONTINUING to provide the in house services (legally done all over the country) they were already doing.

There is more likely there will be some sharing of services instead since Disney MUST maintain covering their liability in running such a massive place (25,000 acres?) they own.

That is their goal.

Disney will lose some convivences and will have to pay more in taxes. But they will lose major expenses. If the taxes are too high they will add an extra couple bucks to each ticket.

The county/state government will now have to preform and provide many services that Disney used to do themselves. Any gain in taxes by the county/state governments will go to pay for these things.

Keep in mind also that Disney brings in billions to the state coffers. Does the state have a way to replace this money if it is lost?

The expenses they had were on their books ... Whatever Florida gains in expenses will be covered with the extra taxes.
Disney will add more to their tickets ... And to help cover the losses they will incur from people who won't even consider going to Disney anymore.

The only way Florida can lose the Billions in Revenue they get from Disney ...
will be if Disney loses business and makes less money, or moves and loses everything they have invested.

Last edited:
From what I see from the left, silencing dissent has been here for a few years now. Just happens this time it's against your side
of the isle and you're pissed.
I feel the big issue is the particular subject matter. Don't piss off the parents.

I do not have a side of the isle and I am pissed when both sides do it.

Why are you not the same? Why is silencing dissent good in your world?

Then let the parents punish Disney, let them punish Disney by not giving them their money. If enough parents truly care then Disney will get the message.

Good to see that a business can’t beat its customers over the head pandering to fake issues.

That is their goal.
Who's goal?

Who's goal?

Yeah sure, let's use the lying and disinformation right as an example of censorship?

Did you know mouthwash kills COVID?

Good to see that a business can’t beat its customers over the head pandering to fake issues.

This has nothing to do with Disney's customers.

They pissed off DeSantis by daring to disagree with him and now he will punish for doing so. A very Conservative action on his part. :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

I do not have a side of the isle and I am pissed when both sides do it.

Why are you not the same? Why is silencing dissent good in your world?

Then let the parents punish Disney, let them punish Disney by not giving them their money. If enough parents truly care then Disney will get the message.
Actions has consequences, GG.
It's a very simple concept.

I guess DeSantis is pissed at all the perks that were afforded to Disney, and then Disney pulls
a hot topic stunt as they did.
Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Forum List

Back