Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

The moral of the story is this:

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever....heeeyyyy...yeever...ask government to do anything for you. EVER.

giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure some entity could buy it from Disney, especially in a fire sale.
Nothing Disney won't be more on the losing end of.

Oh ... We are supposed to pretend no one has thought of this crap yet ... :auiqs.jpg:

Doubtful they have. When things are done out of spite they are rarely thought through, When things are done in a rushed manner out of spite even less chance of thought involved.

The irony of an idiot like you demanding that people wear masks and get an experimental drug put into them or be fired (that’s authoritarian) now crying that Disney has to follow the same rules everybody else does.

You might actally have a point if you could find a single post from me supporting either one of those things.

But since I never made one, you have not point at all and are just talking out of your ass again.

Doubtful they have. When things are done out of spite they are rarely thought through, When things are done in a rushed manner out of spite even less chance of thought involved.

Yeah ... You should be on the Board at Disney ... They found out what happens when they shit the bed ... :auiqs.jpg:
Blame the Florida State Legislature for it if you think everyone is just an internet jackass who cannot think past a headline.

Yeah ... You should be on the Board at Disney ... They found out what happens when they shit the bed ... :auiqs.jpg:
Blame the Florida State Legislature for it if you think everyone is just an internet jackass, who cannot think past a headline.

Yep, they get the folks on the right to show their true colors once again.

Yep, they get the folks on the right to show their true colors once again.

I am pretty sure everyone involved was showing their colors ...
Unfortunately for Disney ... When it came to nut cutting time it didn't quite work out the way they had planned ... :auiqs.jpg:

Disney picked the fight. They can't much complain when their opponent lands a right hook on their jaw.

But how did they pick the fight? Are they trying to usurp the law? Are they working to have it overturned?

Or did they simply say "We don't agree with that"? Because, if that's the case, they're going to be punished for what they think and what they've said. Are you willing to allow yourself to be held to that same standard? Are you fine with someone taking steps to punish you for your opinion?

I am pretty sure everyone involved was showing their colors ...
Unfortunately for Disney ... When it came to nut cutting time it didn't quite work out the way they had planned ... :auiqs.jpg:

I find it humorous you think Disney will come out on the down side of this.

You have far too much faith in your beloved Government.

So, according to the bill, the special district dissolves June 1,2023.
They can reapply for special district status imediately.
So, they need to be on good behavior?

"The district, comprising 19 properties including those owned by Disney, is self-governing and sets its own regulations, including building codes and rules on land-use, utilities, transportation, emergency services, and environmental services. Crucially, it has exempted Disney from several taxes and fees, saving the company millions of dollars annually. Disney World employs 80,000 people in Florida and contributes $5.8 Billion annually to the local economy when operating at full capacity.

Per the bill, oversight over Disney’s properties would be transferred to the Orange and Osceola Counties in Florida. The bill would also affect five other special districts across the state, though none as large as Disney World. According to the bill, Disney could seek to re-establish the district."

I bet those five other districts are super pissed off at Disney right now.

Imagine the phone calls

So, according to the bill, the special district dissolves June 1,2023.
They can reapply for special district status imediately.
So, they need to be on good behavior?

"The district, comprising 19 properties including those owned by Disney, is self-governing and sets its own regulations, including building codes and rules on land-use, utilities, transportation, emergency services, and environmental services. Crucially, it has exempted Disney from several taxes and fees, saving the company millions of dollars annually. Disney World employs 80,000 people in Florida and contributes $5.8 Billion annually to the local economy when operating at full capacity.

Per the bill, oversight over Disney’s properties would be transferred to the Orange and Osceola Counties in Florida. The bill would also affect five other special districts across the state, though none as large as Disney World. According to the bill, Disney could seek to re-establish the district."

I bet those five other districts are super pissed off at Disney right now.

Imagine the phone calls

Must punish and silence all dissent. That is what this bill is about. That is the only thing this bill is about

No handouts to greedy fascist corporations.

ANTIFA will love this stuff.

There were no handouts, there was an arrangement that benefited both the state and the business. It was not stopped due to "handouts" it was stopped because the business had the audacity to publicly disagree with the governor of the state.

And the people who claim to be Conservatives fully support the government punishing peaceful dissent

There were no handouts, there was an arrangement that benefited both the state and the business. It was not stopped due to "handouts" it was stopped because the business had the audacity to publicly disagree with the governor of the state.

And the people who claim to be Conservatives fully support the government punishing peaceful dissent

So you are for special tax breaks for corporations?

Forum List

Back