Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

You think government will EVER go without?
:laughing0301:

They have a license to steal and all the guns/force imaginable to carry it out.

I said the state would come out worse off, not that they would go without.

I do not have faith in the state Govt to be able to do the things Disney did as effectively for the same price as Disney did them.

I don't do, "if's". Too vague
Were those individuals speaking on behalf of Disney? If so, they are an extension of the Disney Corporation

Was not really vague at all, but I understand why you cannot answer.

In the end, you support the government punishing an entity for offering dissent to a law.

I do not. I doubt we will ever see eye to eye on this.

But one thing you can bet your bottom dollar on, we will now start seeing it happen more often.

Citizens United. Corporations are people.
7b43ae3a063cf95b10b016d07de8f200.jpeg

I said the state would come out worse off, not that they would go without.

I do not have faith in the state Govt to be able to do the things Disney did as effectively for the same price as Disney did them.
And that's my point. When government is involved, it will be ZERO skin off government's back. It was a trap.

Was not really vague at all, but I understand why you cannot answer.

In the end, you support the government punishing an entity for offering dissent to a law.

I do not. I doubt we will ever see eye to eye on this.

But one thing you can bet your bottom dollar on, we will now start seeing it happen more often.
Possibly with social media with the Section 230, and yes, your analogy was vague

Florida knows they will not leave. it is one thing to move a factory, another to move what is on 25,000 acres.

And yes, Florida will be fine and Disney will be fine, but neither will be as fine as they were before the state choose to punish dissent. Disney will pay more in taxes but have less expense since the state will be doing much of what they had been doing. The question is will the state be doing it as efficiently as Disney for the same money? The chances of that are zero
You have no idea that both will be better or worse off. You are just guessing and are pissed at Florida, hardly unbiased.

You are just guessing and are pissed at Florida, hardly unbiased.

Yes I am guessing.

And yes, I am pissed at Florida for punishing free speech.

The only thing I cannot guess about is why all the people that claim to be "right" and "conservatives" are not pissed as well.

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

What the Florida Senate did by voting to end Disney’s tax privilege sends a clear message that DeSantis will not be manipulated by corporations or their lobbyists. In Washington DC, that is a dangerous power to wield

No, this just shows a petty politician practicing crony capitalism.

The florida senate just proves their sycophant status in the cult.

I gave a specific company and a specific thing they did.

Not vague at all, But again, I get why you cannot answer
I will not answer because it IS TOO vague. What was the position as to why the government came down on them.
Was it an EO?, Was it voted on in Congress? WTF?
Also, were those "people" that were employed by Disney, did they speak
out as a private citizen, or as an employee of Disney which would be an extension of Disney?
I think you know the answer to that.

I predict this will end up costing Florida far more than Disney.

Florida benefited greatly financially by the arrangement with very little actual effort from the state or the counties. They got massive amounts of tax dollars and did not have to spend any money on the 25,000 acers other than an occasional police presence. Now that all changes (or next June I guess) and there is no way the counties involved will be ready for the undertaking.

Based on what ... Disney stands to lose more than Florida.
It's not like Disney can take Pensacola, Miami, or Panama Beach with them ...
Florida is a tourist destination without Disney.

Even if Disney chooses to move, they will lose everything they have invested in Florida.
If they stay, they lost their Special Tax Status ... And they pissed off their clientele and customers in the process.

But I really don't have a problem with people who are willing to drive their shit into the ground.
so go ahead and give them a hand with that shovel ... :auiqs.jpg:

The Equipment is owned by Disney, the personnel are employed by Disney.

Are the counties going to pay for all the equipment? Are the people working going to be willing to work for the county?

What makes you think they are just going to drop all the equipment they own and on the spot with that liability they have?

Also, were those "people" that were employed by Disney, did they speak
out as a private citizen, or as an employee of Disney which would be an extension of Disney?
I think you know the answer to that.

Does not matter. Speech is being punished by the government. Peaceful dissent is being punished by the government. Merely the act of expressing a different opinion than the government is being punished.

And you support it all. I would tell you to be careful what you ask for, but somehow I think you look forward to a country where no dissent at all is allowed.

I need to add the irony of being called a lefty because I do not think the government should punish speech is about a record level.

You're called that and thought that because you only speak out of one side of your mouth, you only speak up when it's conservatives that go against whatever ideals you have. I've seen you do it 100's of times, I think I've seen you do it towards the left maybe 2 or 3 times, tops. You're a lefty.

Based on what ... Disney stands to lose more than Florida.
It's not like Disney can take Pensacola, Miami, or Panama Beach with them ...
Florida is a tourist destination without Disney.

Even if Disney chooses to move, they will lose everything they have invested in Florida.
If they stay, they lost their Special Tax Status ... And they pissed off their clientele and customers in the process.

But I really don't have a problem with people who are willing to drive their shit into the ground.
so go ahead and give them a hand with that shovel ... :auiqs.jpg:

Disney will lose some convivences and will have to pay more in taxes. But they will lose major expenses. If the taxes are too high they will add an extra couple bucks to each ticket.

The county/state government will now have to preform and provide many services that Disney used to do themselves. Any gain in taxes by the county/state governments will go to pay for these things.

Keep in mind also that Disney brings in billions to the state coffers. Does the state have a way to replace this money if it is lost?

What makes you think they are just going to drop all the equipment they own and on the spot with that liability they have?

The county will now be in charge and responsible for those things. Lets Disney off the hook it seems.

Forum List

Back