Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

Disney isn’t moving so your question is nonsensical

I am not the one that brought it up, just pointing out what would happen if they did. But you cannot call out the one that did bring it up since he is part of your tribe.

Nope, not at all. States and counties and cities give special considerations to companies all the time to get them to come to their area because the economic impact is beneficial for the states and counties and cities

I don't know any corporations that are allowed to write their own building codes.

Nope, not at all. States and counties and cities give special considerations to companies all the time to get them to come to their area because the economic impact is beneficial for the states and counties and cities
No they don’t. States and counties are pieces of land. Legislators do. And legislators are voted in. They speak for their base or they don’t get re-elected. Man you’re stupid.

I am not the one that brought it up, just pointing out what would happen if they did. But you cannot call out the one that did bring it up since he is part of your tribe.
What would happen if Godzilla burned down Florida? We can play hypotheticals all day. A competitor would move in and just stick to being a theme park with attractions. That model is proven to be profitable. Blues Man isnt my tribe. He cannot stand me and the feeling is mutual. But you don’t want to hear that as it dents your idiotic narrative.

I did answer you. Too bad you’re too stupid to understand the answer. Others on this board seem to understand it just fine.
Don't waste your breath....most of these liberal posters are college trained propaganda hacks who actually study this kind of response to frustrate the person that disagrees with them. Pretending that you didn't answer a question that you did answer is a technique they use reflexively. If you study the phrases and sentences carefully you will see duplicate word parsing used again and again under different monikers. There are days when I spend a few hours searching the MBTUS of the propaganda teams that pretty much account for 80% of the traffic here. It's amazing how little originality actually exists in this place...it all points to groups of people being handed prepared statements to post online. You can go to other posting boards and find similar occurrences. I do it all the time.

JO

Well, that's the question, isn't it. Buying the equipment from Disney is likely faster and cheaper than sourcing new. As far as the personnel, that remains to be seen. Depends on pay and bennies would be my guess. That's still a shit ton of money for the counties to absorb.

And it is still possible that Disney looks at the bottom line and decides they can make that money elsewhere and close the park, cratering Central Florida's economy.

I actually look for that to happen. Not immediately but in the not to distant future.
MAGA

Don't waste your breath....most of these liberal posters are college trained propaganda hacks who actually study this kind of response to frustrate the person that disagrees with them. Pretending that you didn't answer a question that you did answer is a technique they use reflexively. If you study the phrases and sentences carefully you will see duplicate word parsing used again and again under different monikers. There are days when I spend a few hours searching the MBTUS of the propaganda teams that pretty much account for 80% of the traffic here. It's amazing how little originality actually exists in this place...it all points to groups of people being handed prepared statements to post online. You can go to other posting boards and find similar occurrences. I do it all the time.

JO
Golfing Gator doesn’t understand that states don’t make decisions. Legislators elected by persons in those states do. Why? He is an idiot.

Problem is Florida is the prime location due to the weather and no state income tax. Can’t get that anywhere else. And again the “state” didn’t do anything. It is the elected legislature that did. I lived in a hyper partisan leftist town and we moved. Why? That legislature was too far left but we had no choice but to abide given that the decision makers were elected. Golfing Gator doesnt get it
I find it interesting that the legislature was pissed enough to take action....they must have some good, involved folks down there. Here in Massachusetts when harm comes over the Border our legislators are only interested in who is going to pony up the most payola not in public safety. Often times it is the criminal element that has the money to be overlooked....and so they get overlooked public be damned.

JO

You cannot be this stupid.
What did I say that was not factual? What is “stupid”? The Florida legislature is speaking for its voter base and it voted 23-16. I explained to you that we just moved. Why? Where we lived was too far left. So we moved. We didn’t whine that the legislators were morons even though they may be. This is how our country works. You’re being obtuse because I made you look bad and you refuse to admit it.

I find it interesting that the legislature was pissed enough to take action....they must have some good, involved folks down there. Here in Massachusetts when harm comes over the Border our legislators are only interested in who is going to pony up the most payola not in public safety. Often times it is the criminal element that has the money to be overlooked....and so they get overlooked public be damned.

JO
I live in MA and we recently left Brookline. Why? Expensive and too far left.

What did I say that was not factual? What is “stupid”? The Florida legislature is speaking for its voter base and it voted 23-16. I explained to you that we just moved. Why? Where we lived was too far left. So we moved. We didn’t whine that the legislators were morons even though they may be. This is how our country works. You’re being obtuse because I made you look bad and you refuse to admit it.

The state is more than just the land. That is just stupid. By this fucked up logic the the United states is just the land and not the people and not the government. By this logic it would be incorrect to say that the United States invaded Iraq since land cannot invade anything., It would be wrong to say the United States has a trade agreement with China since land cannot have a trade agreement.

I actually look for that to happen. Not immediately but in the not to distant future.
MAGA
Florida has an enormous economy....with that land vacated there would be a dozen immediate offers from financial giants who see the potential there.
It would hurt for a year or two...but not much more than that. Hell the real estate industry down there is so massive....it wouldn't surprise me if they could form a purchasing coalition and come up with the bucks to bail out the site.

JO

The state is more than just the land. That is just stupid. By this fucked up logic the the United states is just the land and not the people and not the government. By this logic it would be incorrect to say that the United States invaded Iraq since land cannot invade anything., It would be wrong to say the United States has a trade agreement with China since land cannot have a trade agreement.
The US govt and military invaded Iraq. Correct and if the voters didn’t approve that invasion they would have voted out the party that led it. Pretty simple. So in Florida the people elect officials to do their bidding? Right? Those officials enact laws and rules. If people don’t like them they vote them out as we saw in VA. So how is the “state” punishing anyone?

I live in MA and we recently left Brookline. Why? Expensive and too far left.

Crap yeah.... I work just a few miles from Brookline... the whole area has gone crazy. Can't get too specific unfortunately the company has rules about that stuff. I thought about picking up an in town apartment so I could take the edge off of the commuting during the winter season... Cheaper to just buy an AWD vehicle for that purpose. The rat holes I looked at for the money they wanted was insane.

JO

The US govt and military invaded Iraq. Correct and if the voters didn’t approve that invasion they would have voted out the party that led it. Pretty simple. So in Florida the people elect officials to do their bidding? Right? Those officials enact laws and rules. If people don’t like them they vote them out as we saw in VA. So how is the “state” punishing anyone?

He has delicate emotions....know what I mean?

Forum List

Back