Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

There is no worm.

Which is to say, in the two-party death spiral, no one has an principles or convictions. It's all a game of fucking over the "other side" whenever you get the chance.
It is a two party death spiral. And won’t change ever. So we have to live with it.

So now you are promoting goverment subsidies for oil companies.

The worm has turned.

If the Fed Govt can give a tax break to an individual for having kids or owning a home why would a state not be allowed to do it for a company?

There is no worm.

Which is to say, in the two-party death spiral, no one has an principles or convictions. It's all a game of fucking over the "other side" whenever you get the chance.

All this started in 2000 with Al Gores challenge of Bush.

In, of all places, Florida.

You use that word as a pejorative. I like Trumps policies a lot more than Biden’s. If that makes me a “Trumpster” so be it. You’re the real hypocrite throwing shots Vs an actual cogent debate. Sophomoric and weak.
LOL - didn't like the point I made, eh?

I watch people here flip and flop with the wind. Their so-call principles and convictions turn on a dime in service of the culture-war nonsense. Partisans might not see it, but when you take a couple of steps back, the facade crumbles.

DeSantis was elected so how is he an authoritarian? You leftists have zero common sense.

So, being elected removes the ability to be an authoritarian?

So, it was not authoritarian of Biden to force mask mandates and vaccine mandates?

Now that they are no longer self administering, does that mean that the county or city has to hire the police and fire personnel and pay them? Why do I get the feeling it's going to cost the government more than the extra tax revenue?
first you ask a question.

"does this mean" good question, what does it all mean. but you didn't answer the question amd went with the "feeling"

and the emotional patrol liked it.

how about researching it and finding out.

I actually do not disagree. But as long as the former is legal, I will not whine about the latter.
Really? You don't complain about laws that are obviously wrong? Why not? You realize we can change laws, right?

We can correct our mistakes. If calling for that is "whining", so be it.

But how did they pick the fight? Are they trying to usurp the law? Are they working to have it overturned?

Or did they simply say "We don't agree with that"? Because, if that's the case, they're going to be punished for what they think and what they've said. Are you willing to allow yourself to be held to that same standard? Are you fine with someone taking steps to punish you for your opinion?
Disney's CEO promised to fight the new law.

Disney's CEO promised to fight the new law.

Are you in favor of government that issues ad-hoc punishments to anyone who disagrees with it? I'm not.

Pro-lifers are fighting hard to change abortion laws. Should companies who support them be punished by the state?

On the flip side they could drag this through court for years, in the interim, taking a very strong interest in insuring none of the politicians are re-elected.

Additionally this sends a strong signal to business. Don't come to Florida.
Another signal it send: when you're receiving special treatment on a level like no other company in the state, don't pick a fight with the people that have you that special treatment.

Kinda like that old saying, "don't shit where you eat"

There's a valuable lesson to be learned here: what the government giveth, the government can taketh away.

Are you in favor of government that issues ad-hoc punishments to anyone who disagrees with it? I'm not.

Pro-lifers are fighting hard to change abortion laws. Should companies who support them be punished by the state?
Are you in favor of companies being their own governmental entity? I'm not.

Disney's self government is a privilege, not a right. A privilege that gave Disney power to confiscate private property within the Reedy Creek Improvement. That's a power that no company should have.

Disney fucked around and bit the hand that fed them.

Are you in favor of companies being their own governmental entity? I'm not.

Disney's self government is a privilege, not a right. A privilege that gave Disney power to confiscate private property within the Reedy Creek Improvement. That's a power that no company should have.

Disney fucked around and bit the hand that fed them.
An accommodation that has been a win-win for free market capitalism and for he Florida taxpayer for half a century is under assault by an authoritarian's vendetta over opposition to his discriminatory gag order in education, nothing more, nothing less.

Forum List

Back