Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

The company. This is not hard, but I get why you cannot answer. Cannot piss off your tribe.
What? They are punishing a building? Nope. You are not making any sense. What tribe? My Jewish tribe? Disney is a publicly traded company so the shareholders are only ones being punished as far as I can tell. Yes?

I honestly don’t get it. Any other company can speak out, but not Disney?

Disney is not the only company that has lost business for thinking their politics was more important than their Product or Service.
They were just stupid enough to pick a fight with the Florida State Legislature about Legislation.

However ... I wouldn't suggest that is the only mistake they have made recently.
The brunt of what they are getting now is a combination of a plethora of bad decisions,
and their unreliable estimation as to their ability to weather the bullshit they are asking for.

This sometimes happens when you trust in Humanity to save your ass ...
Then find out what Humanity actually thinks about your sorry ass ... :auiqs.jpg:

I do agree, but I also think they should be free to do this if they wish. This thread is not about them making a bad business decision, it is about the state openly and proudly punishing them for disagreeing with a new law.

But you will not address that part, almost as if you do not want to risk the ire of those on your side of the aisle.
No it's more than that...it's about a private business promising to meddle in a public affair by using influence money and not being the least bit bashful about it. What are they saying actually? We own the Florida legislature and now we're going to prove it? That doesn't sound too Kosher to me.

JO

What? They are punishing a building? Nope. You are not making any sense. What tribe? My Jewish tribe? Disney is a publicly traded company so the shareholders are only ones being punished as far as I can tell. Yes?
If musk can't buy twitter.....maybe he can create Tesla World.

JO

maxresdefault.jpg

Hmmmm.

First, I am in complete agreement with the legislation which keeps teachers from talking to young kids about sexual identity issues. That shouldn't happen.

I don't know how comfortable I am with the State punishing Disney for their opposition to that legislation, though. Unless there's something in Disney's current agreements with the State which would allow them to ignore that legislation (and I don't think there is), I just don't see the reason to punish them.

I'll admit to not being fully versed on this issue so, if I'm missing something, please tell me. But I just think it's wrong to punish someone simply because they have a different opinion...
Why should Disney gat all that special treatment?

They never should have had that kind of power to begin with.

Tell me how many small businesses get to write their own building codes?

If musk can't buy twitter.....maybe he can create Tesla World.

JO
Another example that morons like Golfing Gator don’t comprehend. Twitter is a publicly traded company like Disney. So the shareholders are ultimately the decision makers in terms of the BOD and C-Level team. And Legislators are elected so the Fla legislators who were elected by the residents voted a certain way. Don’t like it? Leave Florida. Or elect different legislators.

How did the “state” punish a “corp”? That statement doesn’t make any sense. You mean legislators who were voted in by the people as they didn’t elect themselves decided to pass a law/rule? And how was a “corp” punished? You mean shareholders of that corp may see a drop in the value of their shares? Correct? So then the shareholders may decide if the BOD and the C-Level team is who they want running Disney. Fair or unfair? Your posts don’t make any logical sense and instead of being a grown up you ll ignore this post and give me a laughing emoji. Pretty sad.

Damn, what a shitty way to live, too scared to answer a simple question as it might piss off your tribe.

LOL wait until Florida has to start paying for all the Disney infrastructure. They will rue the day they went down this road. That is why they did this to begin with---to avoid those costs by making Disney pay them out of pocket themselves.

So Disney shouldnt have done this for the past 60 years?

Another example that morons like Golfing Gator don’t comprehend. Twitter is a publicly traded company like Disney. So the shareholders are ultimately the decision makers in terms of the BOD and C-Level team. And Legislators are elected so the Fla legislators who were elected by the residents voted a certain way. Don’t like it? Leave Florida. Or elect different legislators.
Florida has a one Trillion Dollar economy and it is likely to boom this year in the face of shortages from other parts of the nation. Simply put...they do not need Disney....Disney needs them. I am sure there are at least three bordering states that would love to give Disney the ten square miles or so that they currently occupy to build a them part. Take your pedophiles, pack up the vibrators, dildos and butt cream...and Sayonara!

Last edited:
Disney and the State of Florida had an implicit deal: You stay out of politics, and we will allow you to operate the way you want (within reason). Disney broke that deal.

Stockholders have no power to influence the Board or Management of the company. That is the whole purpose of the corporate form of business. The owners are divorced from the operations of the company, and cannot be sued for the company's torts.

I had intended to take my three grandchildren to Disney this summer. Ain't happening. We will find someplace else to go.

Why should Disney gat all that special treatment?

They never should have had that kind of power to begin with.

Tell me how many small businesses get to write their own building codes?

Disney is not the only one to get this, there are 5 or 6 other special tax zones in the state. There are hundreds, if not thousands of them across the country.

They got it because it was mutually beneficial to both the state and the company.

How many small businesses account for 75 billion in revenue as well as 400,000 jobs?

Disney forgot who their consumers are. Their C-levels are in some serious echo chamber.

They needed to sit the fuck back and run the company, not bend the knee to .1% of the population.

Disney is not the only one to get this, there are 5 or 6 other special tax zones in the state. There are hundreds, if not thousands of them across the country.

They got it because it was mutually beneficial to both the state and the company.

How many small businesses account for 75 billion in revenue as well as 400,000 jobs?

Irrelevant.

Florida has a one Trillion Dollar economy and it is likely to book this year in the face of shortages from other parts of the nation. Simply put...they do not need Disney....Disney needs them. I am sure there are at least three bordering states that would love to give Disney the ten square miles or so that they currently occupy to build a them part. Take your pedophiles, pack up the vibrators, dildos and butt cream...and Sayonara!

Do you think that Fla has another way to make up the 75 billion dollars that is connected to Disney being there?

Do they have a way to replace the 400,000 jobs that are connected to Disney being there?

Florida has a one Trillion Dollar economy and it is likely to book this year in the face of shortages from other parts of the nation. Simply put...they do not need Disney....Disney needs them. I am sure there are at least three bordering states that would love to give Disney the ten square miles or so that they currently occupy to build a them part. Take your pedophiles, pack up the vibrators, dildos and butt cream...and Sayonara!
Problem is Florida is the prime location due to the weather and no state income tax. Can’t get that anywhere else. And again the “state” didn’t do anything. It is the elected legislature that did. I lived in a hyper partisan leftist town and we moved. Why? That legislature was too far left but we had no choice but to abide given that the decision makers were elected. Golfing Gator doesnt get it

Do you think that Fla has another way to make up the 75 billion dollars that is connected to Disney being there?

Do they have a way to replace the 400,000 jobs that are connected to Disney being there?
Disney isn’t moving so your question is nonsensical. But keep at it. You don’t think a competitor would move in and just take over? Like Universal?

Forum List

Back