Florida vying to become 46th state to allow open carry

I live it how these stupid lefties, if you will pardon the redundancy, don't know the first thing about the law, evidence, truth, and forensics. They believe ONLY what they want to.

I have asked this before and never got an answer but I'll ask it again:

If Zimmerman did kill Martin, why didn't US Attorney Eric Holder file charges and get him on something? Do you think that Obama's AG who is black, hates black people too?

You liberals are too stupid for words.

Isn't this thread about OPEN carry vs concealed carry ? I don't mind concealed carry , I just hate it when people have their guns visible like it's the Wild West .

I think you are much better off using your mind. Gun fights are a god way to get killed.

Using YOUR mind is a 'good' way to get killed.

I prefer to use something that works

I assume your mind doesn't work then. I don't have that problem.

I assume your mind doesn't work then

you 'assume' incorrectly, as usual.

I don't have that problem.

Your posts prove otherwise

Then why do you have no confidence in your mind? I'm pretty old and don't know anyone who has ever needed a gun for defense. It's not that scary out there.

Then why do you have no confidence in your mind?

I have every confidence in my mind.

It's yours I have no confidence in, especially considering your reading comprehension ablilties

yeah, when that thug points his gun at you in a drug induced stupor, just think him out of it.

you libs are idiots. but your kind of thinking will eventually rid the world of liberalism.

to the OP. I don't think its accurate to say that 46 states allow open carry. Do you have a cite to support that?

Open carry is obnoxious . Why not just walk around with a baseball bat . Fucking tools.
Then don't open carry. See how easy that was to fix for yourself? Can we get your city and vehicle color etc please? Criminals love victims handed to them on a platter.

I don't carry at all and have never been the victim of a criminal. Your mind is the best defense.
Good for you. I hope it never happens but I sure in the hell would want to be armed so I could defend myself if it did happen....what about you?
How many times have you been attacked?

Open carry is obnoxious . Why not just walk around with a baseball bat . Fucking tools.
Then don't open carry. See how easy that was to fix for yourself? Can we get your city and vehicle color etc please? Criminals love victims handed to them on a platter.

I don't carry at all and have never been the victim of a criminal. Your mind is the best defense.
Good for you. I hope it never happens but I sure in the hell would want to be armed so I could defend myself if it did happen....what about you?

It only takes one time. Ask the victims in Paris--------------Oh, they can't answer can they?

Isn't this thread about OPEN carry vs concealed carry ? I don't mind concealed carry , I just hate it when people have their guns visible like it's the Wild West .

Understood, but if you have a CCW and a gun on you, and it happens to get exposed somehow (your shirt getting untucked or perhaps exposing your gun when you bend over) the cops can give you a hard time about that. I was in the store one time and stooped to get something off of the bottom shelf. My shirt lifted up exposing my gun in my back holster, and some old lady there looked as if she seen her dead husband, and ran off. Luckily she call the cops or management (to my knowledge) but if she did, they could have given me a ticket or whatever because my gun was not concealed properly.

Understood, but if you have a CCW and a gun on you, and it happens to get exposed somehow (your shirt getting untucked or perhaps exposing your gun when you bend over) the cops can give you a hard time about that. I was in the store one time and stooped to get something off of the bottom shelf. My shirt lifted up exposing my gun in my back holster, and some old lady there looked as if she seen her dead husband, and ran off. Luckily she call the cops or management (to my knowledge) but if she did, they could have given me a ticket or whatever because my gun was not concealed properly.

Have open carry here, but if the weapon is covered by so much as the tail of your shirt, or the waistband of your jacket, it's concealed.

Only reason I applied for CC

I'm pretty old and don't know anyone who has ever needed a gun for defense. It's not that scary out there.

Allow me to introduce myself. I've used a gun to defend myself twice; a home break in and an attempted car jacking. It can be scary out there depending on where "there" is.

I'm getting pretty old too. I agree with you 100% that you need to use your mind to stay out of situations requiring the use of firearms. That is plan A with a capital A. I've been blessed with a life that has afforded me the safety of living in a good neighborhood and city with a low crime rate. Violent crime is almost unheard of "there". If I leave this safe enclave, I'm very careful and I go prepared. My plan is to avoid first, retreat if able second and only as a last resort, defend myself if cornered.

My state is about to go open carry January 1st. I'm still not sure where I come down on the decision. I support concealed carry. I guess I'm going to find out how comfortable I am with open carry. If it causes more problems than good, it can be repealed. If it turns out to be a good idea, it will stand. Time will tell.

It only takes one time. Ask the victims in Paris--------------Oh, they can't answer can they?
How many times have YOU been attacked? And what makes you believe that you can rise to become a hero without harming the innocent?

How can more bullets flying around in a confused and panicked situation assure safety? Is everyone openly carrying a weapon a skilled marksman and aware of where each and every innocent civilian is at all points during a violent attack? Can you put out a fire with gasoline?

How many times have YOU been attacked? And what makes you believe that you can rise to become a hero without harming the innocent?

How can more bullets flying around in a confused and panicked situation assure safety? Is everyone openly carrying a weapon a skilled marksman and aware of where each and every innocent civilian is at all points during a violent attack? Can you put out a fire with gasoline?

if the number of victims can be reduced when an idiot decides to start randomly shooting in a school or theatre or shopping mall or airport, that's a good thing.

If the soldiers at Ft Hood had been allowed to be armed, Hasan might not have killed as many as he did and he would probably be dead himself instead of wasting money feeding and housing him.

Yes, there is a risk inherent in allowing armed citizens, but the risk of not allowing it is much greater.

remember, if guns are banned only criminals and the government will have guns.

I live in a state that has this and it doesn't bother me that people walk around with guns. I've seen it in malls and casual shopping. It is not everyone but there are a few. I don't think it is unusual because I have seen it so many times. I have at least one gun so I really don't fear them as people who have no experience with them.

to the first part of your question. I have not been attacked personally. I do carry when I have to go to a potentially dangerous area, but I stay aware of my surroundings and leave when there appears to be a risk. But if confronted, and if I or anyone in my family is put at risk, I will remove the threat as best I can---------probably with two rounds to the center of mass of the attacker. That would probably result in my being taken to court, but that's better than being taken to the cemetery.

Just the ability to use lethal force deters a lot of crime. I notice a huge difference between my state and others. In other states thugs hang out on corners thinking they try to intimidate you (and sometimes they succeed) but with open carry these situations are becoming less and less frequent.

if the number of victims can be reduced when an idiot decides to start randomly shooting in a school or theatre or shopping mall or airport, that's a good thing.

If the soldiers at Ft Hood had been allowed to be armed, Hasan might not have killed as many as he did and he would probably be dead himself instead of wasting money feeding and housing him.

Yes, there is a risk inherent in allowing armed citizens, but the risk of not allowing it is much greater.

remember, if guns are banned only criminals and the government will have guns.
So, using your logic, good guys with guns, no matter how competent they may be as marksmen, make the world safer? More guns firing makes a confused situation safer? And adding guns to any situation creates safety?

Only takes once and actually I have been attacked when I was a teen in the ghetto I was living in. Took to carrying a knife after that.

Forum List

Back