Florida's new immigration law creates 'panic' in agriculture community

Scaring off the farm workers just hurts the farmers. It's the usual thing with any republican "solution" to illegal immigration. It's more important that someone gets hurt than the problem actually gets addressed.
Ambidextrous Fallacy

All of sudden Democrats are all in favor of fatcat farmers getting rich off paying peon wages.

I'm happy to optimize immigration. As long as they are covered by the rules and regulations everyone gets.
Artificial Employee Shortages Caused by Oligarchic Economics

End all immigration and re-organize pay and opportunities within America. We don't need even the brightest immigrants; we need the traditional American bright to be treated right. Historically, we achieved far more than we have under the present restricted opportunities and the plutocracy's command economy over wages and training.

Perestroika didn't work in Russia only because it was tied too much to the old system and implemented by the same failed managers who had run the old system.

Artificial Employee Shortages Caused by Oligarchic Economics

End all immigration and re-organize pay and opportunities within America. We don't need even the brightest immigrants; we need the traditional American bright to be treated right. Historically, we achieved far more than we have under the present restricted opportunities and the plutocracy's command economy over wages and training.

Perestroika didn't work in Russia only because it was tied too much to the old system and implemented by the same failed managers who had run the old system.

If millions of workers left, there would be shortages.

This needs to be the law in all 50 states.

• - Tougher penalties for knowingly hiring or transporting undocumented people in the state
    - E-Verify employment screening for new hires at businesses with 25 or more employees
    - Florida hospitals will collect immigration status and the state will no longer recognize outside driver licenses for people who are undocumented

Besides tourism does Florida have any industries? They seem pretty monobrow.

This needs to be the law in all 50 states.

• - Tougher penalties for knowingly hiring or transporting undocumented people in the state
    - E-Verify employment screening for new hires at businesses with 25 or more employees
    - Florida hospitals will collect immigration status and the state will no longer recognize outside driver licenses for people who are undocumented

If corporations started treating employees like a valuable asset like they used to then we wouldn't need to depend on foreigners.

My parents which wasn't that long ago made good wages, had pensions, able to afford a new car every 5 years, took a vacation every year, they got raises, good insurance plans and so on.

Even when I was young company I worked for had a retirement plan, every year we all went to a place for montey carlo night with gambling and food and liquor all paid for or had bowling outings, if you needed time off it was just worked out, had good benefits. We had fun at work and were appreciated. Hell people fought to work there, we never had to try and fill a job because no one left except to retire and someone always knew someone that wanted to work there

Now companies take away more and more from employees and do nothing to retain them.

If you treat your employees like they matter then they will work their ass for you. Treat them like they don't matter and you'll have to hire illegals and poor people.

If corporations started treating employees like a valuable asset like they used to then we wouldn't need to depend on foreigners.

My parents which wasn't that long ago made good wages, had pensions, able to afford a new car every 5 years, took a vacation every year, they got raises, good insurance plans and so on.

Even when I was young company I worked for had a retirement plan, every year we all went to a place for montey carlo night with gambling and food and liquor all paid for or had bowling outings, if you needed time off it was just worked out, had good benefits. We had fun at work and were appreciated. Hell people fought to work there, we never had to try and fill a job because no one left except to retire and someone always knew someone that wanted to work there

Now companies take away more and more from employees and do nothing to retain them.

If you treat your employees like they matter then they will work their ass for you. Treat them like they don't matter and you'll have to hire illegals and poor people.

We had a meeting at work one day. Both people speaking went on and on and on about how we were going about creating "great shareholder value".

At the end I said "I only care about making a great product for the customer".

Forum List

Back