Florist Sued for Refusing Service to Gay Couple Pens Defiant Letter Rejecting Gov’t Settlement Offer

Here's a hint: nobody cares if you are impressed or not.

Awwww you mad bro?

Listen, take your left turd Kumbaya and save it for the homos.

It's so ironic that you think I'm going to hell for the non familial consenting adult I'm madly in love with...

Whether you go to hell is up to God.

I don't agree with that, your actions and how you live your life is what determines it. God gave us a set of rules, it's up to us to follow those rules or suffer the consequences of breaking them
That's not how America works. We are not governed by Biblical mandate, thank God! We are governed by secular law. America is not a Theocracy.

currently america is governed by the doctrine of political correctness as invoked by hollywood and the far left.

Awwww you mad bro?

It's so ironic that you think I'm going to hell for the non familial consenting adult I'm madly in love with...

Whether you go to hell is up to God. What you do in private and who you do it with is no ones business but you and the other person.

What you want is for societly to condone your behavior and give you sanction of your lifestyle.

A society decides what it considers acceptable and what behavior it will sanction. In a muslim society you would be stoned to death.

The way to resolve this is to have a referendum in each state and then a consittutional amendment to either sanction gay marriage or to deny it. Such an amendment could also address multiple person marriage, relative marriage, etc.

So lets let the people decide and live with the results. OK?
An amendment is not necessary.

Awwww you mad bro?

Whether you go to hell is up to God. What you do in private and who you do it with is no ones business but you and the other person.

What you want is for societly to condone your behavior and give you sanction of your lifestyle.

A society decides what it considers acceptable and what behavior it will sanction. In a muslim society you would be stoned to death.

The way to resolve this is to have a referendum in each state and then a consittutional amendment to either sanction gay marriage or to deny it. Such an amendment could also address multiple person marriage, relative marriage, etc.

marriage is contract law. It provides a next of kin relationship between two consenting adult where no such next of kin relationship exists. Denying such citizens access to the system of jurisprudence is wrong. Let the court say so and make it right.

marriage is controlled by state laws. If you want gay marriage recognized in all 50 states then you need to amend the constitution.
Or get a Supreme Court decision, as with interracial marriage. See how that works now?

Awwww you mad bro?

Awwww you mad bro?

marriage is contract law. It provides a next of kin relationship between two consenting adult where no such next of kin relationship exists. Denying such citizens access to the system of jurisprudence is wrong. Let the court say so and make it right.

marriage is controlled by state laws. If you want gay marriage recognized in all 50 states then you need to amend the constitution.
Full faith and credit.

Currently, if you're married in Nevada you're married in Delaware and Ohio and Tennessee too. A marriage contract is universal.

Awwww you mad bro?

I don't agree with that, your actions and how you live your life is what determines it. God gave us a set of rules, it's up to us to follow those rules or suffer the consequences of breaking them
That's not how America works. We are not governed by Biblical mandate, thank God! We are governed by secular law. America is not a Theocracy.

currently america is governed by the doctrine of political correctness as invoked by hollywood and the far left.
You may believe that, but you are actually talking about culture, not the rule of law.

Awwww you mad bro?

Awwww you mad bro?

Full faith and credit.

Currently, if you're married in Nevada you're married in Delaware and Ohio and Tennessee too. A marriage contract is universal.

wrong, a california gay marriage is not recognized in alabama or any other state that does not sanction gay marriage.

Awwww you mad bro?

Awwww you mad bro?

Yes, marriage is controlled by state laws but those laws are subject to certain constitutional guarantees as described in the Windsor ruling. And no, a constitutional amendment is not requited for gay marriage to be legal in all 50 states. Presently 37 out of 50 states are marrying gays without one so that is merely your opinion.

You may believe that, but you are actually talking about culture, not the rule of law.

I was being facetious, but there is a lot of truth in what I said. Laws are being ignored or reinterpreted in the name of PC.

No, because the baker does not sell them. If he or she did, and refused to sell them to a Christian, THAT would be discrimination.

wait a minute. He sells toppers with a man and a woman. Is he not discriminating by not selling toppers with two men or two women?

I am just trying to get everyone to think this through and understand where it will lead.
No, it isn't discriminating because he doesn't sell the toppers. He is free to choose the products he sells. He is not free to refuse to sell a product he sells to someone because he is a bigot against them.

The PA laws do not dictate what a business may sell.

But they mandate who he must sell to. Want to see real discrimination? Walk down a street in Dearborn Michigan wearing a yamaca and reciting jewish scripture, OR, walk down the same street wearing a large gold cross and reciting the psalms. You would likely be stoned, beaten up, or maybe killed.

there is not tolerance in islam. But yet, you libs insist that we give them tolerance in all things. hypocrisy, stupidity, ignorance? which is it?
Hello? What you've described is against the law (beating someone up, etc., because of their religion). So how is enforcing laws against Muslims beating people up giving them tolerance?
In muslim enclaves in this country and in europe those laws are not being enforced. We are tolerating illegal behavior because of the perpetrator's minority status. Its insane.
Bullshit.

Full faith and credit.

wrong, a california gay marriage is not recognized in alabama or any other state that does not sanction gay marriage.
The only thing that's wrong is the refusal of recognition of the contract. Heterosexuals do not suffer under that lack of interstate recognition.

Awwww you mad bro?

Awwww you mad bro?

Yes, marriage is controlled by state laws but those laws are subject to certain constitutional guarantees as described in the Windsor ruling. And no, a constitutional amendment is not requited for gay marriage to be legal in all 50 states. Presently 37 out of 50 states are marrying gays without one so that is merely your opinion.

that state by state approach will not work, and it will lead to legalization of multiple marriage and all other forms of human groupings being called marriages.

a constitutional amendment would fix it forever and fix it clearly and precisely.

Gays don't want a vote on an amendment because they know they would lose. They lost twice in the left wing state of california.

that state by state approach will not work, and it will lead to legalization of multiple marriage and all other forms of human groupings being called marriages.

a constitutional amendment would fix it forever and fix it clearly and precisely.

Gays don't want a vote on an amendment because they know they would lose. They lost twice in the left wing state of california.
They wouldn't lose, you would, just like you are currently. Just grow up and deal with it.

The last 4 times gay marriage was voted on, by the public or the state legislators it passed and your side lost.

Full faith and credit.

The only thing that's wrong is the refusal of recognition of the contract. Heterosexuals do not suffer under that lack of interstate recognition.

you are simply wrong. My Louisiana concealed carry permit is not recognized in New Jersey or New York. If I get caught carrying in those states I will be arrested. whereas I can legally carry in many other states. State laws control what happens in those states as long as state laws do not violate federal law, and since there is no federal law on marriage, states do not have to recognize gay marriages that may be legal in other states.

The last 4 times gay marriage was voted on, by the public or the state legislators it passed and your side lost.

I really don't have a "side". I think gay marriage is damaging to society, but I am fully willing to abide by the will of a majority of the people. I just want the people to decide, not one or two judges.

I really don't have a "side". I think gay marriage is damaging to society, but I am fully willing to abide by the will of a majority of the people. I just want the people to decide, not one or two judges.
Sorry, we aren't a democracy and don't have mob-rule here. It's not up to the people, and never should have been.

You free to believe gay marriage damages society but the public and courts are not buying it. The will of the people is entirely irrelevant if that will is violating the U.S. Constitution. Besides, you cannot even demonstrate how gay marriage damages society.

You free to believe gay marriage damages society but the public and courts are not buying it. The will of the people is entirely irrelevant if that will is violating the U.S. Constitution. Besides, you cannot even demonstrate how gay marriage damages society.

total horseshit! the constitution was established by the will of the people, every law on our books was established by the will of the people. This is a representative democratic republic. The people and their elected representatives decide what is legal and what is not.

as to damaging society. males and females have different genetic roles in human behavior. Deviating from those genetic roles damages the fabric of socielty. and, I don't care a flip whether you agree with me or not.

Full faith and credit.

you are simply wrong. My Louisiana concealed carry permit is not recognized in New Jersey or New York. If I get caught carrying in those states I will be arrested. whereas I can legally carry in many other states. State laws control what happens in those states as long as state laws do not violate federal law, and since there is no federal law on marriage, states do not have to recognize gay marriages that may be legal in other states.
But you are comparing apples to oranges. A permit is not a contract. Just as an Ohio fishing license does not apply in New Jersey, a state issued permit applies to that state alone. But a contract established in Ohio carries the same validity in New Jersey.

the constitution was established by the will of the people, every law on our books was established by the will of the people. This is a representative democratic republic. The people and their elected representatives decide what is legal and what is not.
Actually a great deal of that is done by the courts. Now you know.

What real harm comes from marriage equality? Is my marriage damaged? Is yours? Where's the genuine, tangible harm from marriage equality?

Forum List

Back