Fluke: Slurs won't silence women

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Rush Limbaugh & Co are learning this lesson well. The GOP will pay dearly at the ballot-box come Nov. 2012 for their devious war on women.

Sandra Fluke: Slurs won't silence women - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Last month, students from several Catholic universities gathered to send a message to the nation that contraception is basic health care. I was among them, and I was proud to share the stories of my friends at Georgetown Law who have suffered dire medical consequences because our student insurance does not cover contraception for the purpose of preventing pregnancy.

I joined these students in speaking at a media event because I believe that stories of how real women are affected are the most powerful argument for access to affordable, quality reproductive health care services.

I also joined these students because now is a critical time to raise this issue in our public consciousness.

Read the rest of article at the source.

She's right. What's funny is that principle of conservatism, that men ought to control reproductive choices in women, are even driving Republican women away from that party.

You have to admire democrats, even as they are losing, they think they are winning.

Fluke also believes in the after abortion abortion crowd. You know where you get to terminate a child up to 2 years I think they've got it now.

What an ignorant slut.

So you want some middle-aged white men, without any background of reproductive medicine, to dictate your reproductive rights? You're a slut to your illusions of a government working in the public good.

I don't think Miss Fluke knows what a prostitute is.

I think she does. I do. Did she expect her employer, which is a PUBLIC employer, to get an exemption from PUBLIC law, because their public entity happened to be owned by some religious group?

What an ignorant slut.

So you want some middle-aged white men, without any background of reproductive medicine, to dictate your reproductive rights?

No, dumbass. Slutty women should spend $6 a month at Walmart for their birth control and not expect somebody else to pay for it.

Good married women don't practice family planning? Preventive prescribed medications ought not be covered because some asshole theocrat finds it objectionable? The Amish don't drive, but I've yet to hear them bitch about seat belt laws.

You have to admire democrats, even as they are losing, they think they are winning.

I almost haven't the heart to tell them this has backfired. bigtime.

:lol::lol:

Obama Fares Worse Among Women after Month-Long Contraception Mandate Battle | The Weekly Standard

During the first few days of February, about a week before Obama declared a so-called "accommodation" to the contraception/abortifacient mandate, a Washington Post/ABC poll showed Obama's approval rating at 50 percent, with 46 percent of Americans disapproving.

Then, from March 7 to 10--a week into the national media firestorm surrounding Rush Limbaugh's degrading remarks about Georgetown Law student and liberal activist Sandra Fluke--Washington Post/ABC conducted another poll. It found Obama's approval rating at 46 percent, down four points from February, and his disapproval rating at 50 percent, up four points from February.

In February, Obama was leading Mitt Romney, 51 percent to 45 percent among registered voters. In March, Obama was trailing Mitt Romney, 47 percent to 49 percent among registered voters. The Post/ABC pollster finds that Obama "did better among men and women alike last month, and has lost ground slightly among both sexes this month."

Women do not admire promiscuous women. Even if those women are promiscuous themselves, tend to judge other women who have indiscriminate sex the many men as sluts. That's the problem democrats have. They want to dump all women in one big pot as if they were all the same. But they aren't. There is no universal sisterhood.

Forum List

Back