Fluke: Slurs won't silence women

All I know is war on women shit didn't work. Back to the drawing boards Davey baby.

How could it? Over 50% of the registered voters are women.

Oh...I undergetit..YOU think calling the CONz and fundamentalists and thier mouthpieces out for what they do and say against the rights of women "didn't work".

I am patient if anything. I will be happy to wait and see how the women of America vote in November.

My take? We should have gone for Hillary. I admire that woman so much. I know. I'm a conservative that doesn't mean I've taken loss of my senses.

I truly cannot believe at this crucial point in time we have an amateur and please I'm just saying it like it is and not to be nasty we have an amateur in the White House. When we so desperately need a President. And talk about two for one. Bill as back up. We would not be in the mess we are in.

Damn you bastards for knocking her out.

I had nothing to do with it. I would have voted for the airplane crasher Manchurian Candidate if he hadn't chosen Palin.

How could it? Over 50% of the registered voters are women.

Oh...I undergetit..YOU think calling the CONz and fundamentalists and thier mouthpieces out for what they do and say against the rights of women "didn't work".

I am patient if anything. I will be happy to wait and see how the women of America vote in November.

My take? We should have gone for Hillary. I admire that woman so much. I know. I'm a conservative that doesn't mean I've taken loss of my senses.

I truly cannot believe at this crucial point in time we have an amateur and please I'm just saying it like it is and not to be nasty we have an amateur in the White House. When we so desperately need a President. And talk about two for one. Bill as back up. We would not be in the mess we are in.

Damn you bastards for knocking her out.

I had nothing to do with it. I would have voted for the airplane crasher Manchurian Candidate if he hadn't chosen Palin.

:D

I'm still stuck with curling and Don Cherry. Have mercy.

don_cherry_rose.jpg

Last edited:
Does any Dem want to cave and admit they screwed up by not giving Hillary the nod?

Just curious?

Are you joking?

She has done a great job as Secretary of State?

what has she done as Sec. of State that has been great?
and how do you know? we NEVER see or hear from her...it's like they have stuffed her in a closet or something..

Are you joking?

She has done a great job as Secretary of State?

what has she done as Sec. of State that has been great?
and how do you know? we NEVER see or hear from her...it's like they have stuffed her in a closet or something..

You really don't read much, do you?

I read the news everyday...now can you tell me what I missed that she has done Sec. of State that has been great...thanks.

Clinton spent her initial days as Secretary of State telephoning dozens of world leaders and indicating that U.S. foreign policy would change direction: "We have a lot of damage to repair."[289] She advocated an expanded role in global economic issues for the State Department and cited the need for an increased U.S. diplomatic presence, especially in Iraq where the Defense Department had conducted diplomatic missions.[290] She pushed for a larger international affairs budget;[290] the Obama administration's proposed 2010 budget contained a 7 percent increase for the State Department and other international programs.[291] In March 2009, Clinton prevailed over Vice President Joe Biden on an internal debate to send an additional 20,000 troops to the war in Afghanistan.[292] An elbow fracture and subsequent painful recuperation caused Clinton to miss two foreign trips in June 2009.[292][293]

Clinton announced the most ambitious of her departmental reforms, the Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review, which establishes specific objectives for the State Department’s diplomatic missions abroad; it is modeled after a similar process in the Defense Department that she was familiar with from her time on the Senate Armed Services Committee.[294] (The first such review was issued in late 2010 and called for the U.S. leading through "civilian power" as a cost-effective way of responding to international challenges and defusing crises.[295] It also sought to institutionalize goals of empowering women throughout the world.[156]) In September, Clinton unveiled the Global Hunger and Food Security Initiative at the annual meeting of her husband's Clinton Global Initiative.[296] The new initiative seeks to battle hunger worldwide as a strategic part of U.S. foreign policy, rather than just react to food shortage emergencies as they occur, and emphasizes the role of women farmers.[296] In October, on a trip to Switzerland, Clinton’s intervention overcame last-minute snags and saved the signing of an historic Turkish–Armenian accord that established diplomatic relations and opened the border between the two long-hostile nations.[297][298] In Pakistan, she engaged in several unusually blunt discussions with students, talk show hosts, and tribal elders, in an attempt to repair the Pakistani image of the U.S.[154]

In a major speech in January 2010, Clinton drew analogies between the Iron Curtain and the free and unfree Internet.[299] Chinese officials reacted negatively towards it, and it garnered attention as the first time a senior American official had clearly defined the Internet as a key element of American foreign policy.[300] By mid-2010, Clinton and Obama had forged a good working relationship; she was a team player within the administration and a defender of it to the outside, and was careful that neither she nor her husband would upstage him.[301] She met with him weekly, but did not have the close, daily relationship that some of her predecessors had had with their presidents.[301] In July 2010, Secretary Clinton visited Korea, Vietnam, Pakistan and Afghanistan, all the while preparing for the July 31 wedding of daughter Chelsea amid much media attention.[302] In late November 2010, Clinton led the U.S. damage control effort after WikiLeaks released confidential State Department cables containing blunt statements and assessments by U.S. and foreign diplomats.[303][304] A few of the cables released by WikiLeaks concerned Clinton directly: they revealed that directions to members of the foreign service, written by the CIA, had gone out in 2009 under her (systematically attached) name to gather biometric and other personal details on foreign diplomats, including officials of the United Nations and U.S. allies.[305][306][307]

Secretary Clinton in February 2011The 2011 Egyptian protests posed the biggest foreign policy crisis for the administration yet.[308] Clinton was in the forefront of U.S. public response to it, quickly evolving from an early assessment that the government of Hosni Mubarak was "stable" to a stance that there needed to be an "orderly transition [to] a democratic participatory government" to a condemnation of violence against the protesters.[309][310] Obama also came to rely upon Clinton's advice, organization, and personal connections in the behind-the-scenes response to developments.[308] As protests spread throughout the region, Clinton was at the forefront of a U.S. response that she recognized was sometimes contradictory, backing some regimes while supporting protesters against others.[311] As the 2011 Libyan civil war took place, Clinton's shift in favor of military intervention was a key turning point in overcoming internal administration opposition and gaining the backing for, and Arab and U.N. approval of, the 2011 military intervention in Libya.[311][312][313] She later used U.S. allies and what she called "convening power" to help keep the Libyan rebels unified as they eventually overthrew the Gaddafi regime.[313] Following the successful May 2011 U.S. mission to kill Osama bin Laden, Clinton played a key role in the administration's decision not to release photographs of the dead al-Qaeda leader.[314] In a December 2011 speech before the United Nations Human Rights Council, she said that the U.S. would advocate for gay rights abroad and that "Gay rights are human rights" and that "It should never be a crime to be gay."[315] The same month saw her conclude the first visit to Burma by a U.S. secretary of state since 1955, as she met with Burmese leaders as well as opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi and sought to support the 2011 Burmese democratic reforms.[316]

Throughout her tenure, Clinton has looked towards "smart power" as the strategy for asserting U.S. leadership and values, combining military strength with U.S. capacities in global economics, development aid, and technology.[313] She has also greatly expanded the State Department's use of social media, including Facebook and Twitter, both to get its message out and to help empower people vis à via their rulers.[313] And in the Mideast turmoil, Clinton particularly saw an opportunity to advance one of the central themes of her tenure, the empowerment and welfare of women and girls worldwide.[156] By now Clinton had set the record for most-traveled Secretary of State for a comparable period of time, logging 465,000 miles (748,000 km) and visiting 79 countries.[156] (Time magazine wrote that "Clinton's endurance is legendary."

Hillary Rodham Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If this so called war on women is helping Obama why is his approval rating down from 50% to 41%? Some of you might want to rethink this whole war on women talking point.

If this so called war on women is helping Obama why is his approval rating down from 50% to 41%? Some of you might want to rethink this whole war on women talking point.

I don't think so.

Keep it up. It will help us tremendously.

This "war on women" is a christian fundamentalist policy. They do not see it that way because women are supposed to be subserviant to the Husband and to all male authority figures. That is how women are portrayed in their fantasy sky fairy manuals. They are property. They are OWNED. They do not see any need for one of them to speak up on behalf of other women. The man will decide what is abuse.

This "war on women" is a christian fundamentalist policy. They do not see it that way because women are supposed to be subserviant to the Husband and to all male authority figures. That is how women are portrayed in their fantasy sky fairy manuals. They are property. They are OWNED. They do not see any need for one of them to speak up on behalf of other women. The man will decide what is abuse.

Wow. Just wow.

You're not married are you?

I don't think so.

Keep it up. It will help us tremendously.
Down from 50% to 41% campaign on Rush calling a woman a slut and ignore gas prices, unemployment, Iran, Afghanistan the 15 trillion dollar plus debt and counting if you wish but you do so at your own peril. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Clinton spent her initial days as Secretary of State telephoning dozens of world leaders and indicating that U.S. foreign policy would change direction: "We have a lot of damage to repair."[289] She advocated an expanded role in global economic issues for the State Department and cited the need for an increased U.S. diplomatic presence, especially in Iraq where the Defense Department had conducted diplomatic missions.[290] She pushed for a larger international affairs budget;[290] the Obama administration's proposed 2010 budget contained a 7 percent increase for the State Department and other international programs.[291] In March 2009, Clinton prevailed over Vice President Joe Biden on an internal debate to send an additional 20,000 troops to the war in Afghanistan.[292] An elbow fracture and subsequent painful recuperation caused Clinton to miss two foreign trips in June 2009.[292][293]

Clinton announced the most ambitious of her departmental reforms, the Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review, which establishes specific objectives for the State Department’s diplomatic missions abroad; it is modeled after a similar process in the Defense Department that she was familiar with from her time on the Senate Armed Services Committee.[294] (The first such review was issued in late 2010 and called for the U.S. leading through "civilian power" as a cost-effective way of responding to international challenges and defusing crises.[295] It also sought to institutionalize goals of empowering women throughout the world.[156]) In September, Clinton unveiled the Global Hunger and Food Security Initiative at the annual meeting of her husband's Clinton Global Initiative.[296] The new initiative seeks to battle hunger worldwide as a strategic part of U.S. foreign policy, rather than just react to food shortage emergencies as they occur, and emphasizes the role of women farmers.[296] In October, on a trip to Switzerland, Clinton’s intervention overcame last-minute snags and saved the signing of an historic Turkish–Armenian accord that established diplomatic relations and opened the border between the two long-hostile nations.[297][298] In Pakistan, she engaged in several unusually blunt discussions with students, talk show hosts, and tribal elders, in an attempt to repair the Pakistani image of the U.S.[154]

In a major speech in January 2010, Clinton drew analogies between the Iron Curtain and the free and unfree Internet.[299] Chinese officials reacted negatively towards it, and it garnered attention as the first time a senior American official had clearly defined the Internet as a key element of American foreign policy.[300] By mid-2010, Clinton and Obama had forged a good working relationship; she was a team player within the administration and a defender of it to the outside, and was careful that neither she nor her husband would upstage him.[301] She met with him weekly, but did not have the close, daily relationship that some of her predecessors had had with their presidents.[301] In July 2010, Secretary Clinton visited Korea, Vietnam, Pakistan and Afghanistan, all the while preparing for the July 31 wedding of daughter Chelsea amid much media attention.[302] In late November 2010, Clinton led the U.S. damage control effort after WikiLeaks released confidential State Department cables containing blunt statements and assessments by U.S. and foreign diplomats.[303][304] A few of the cables released by WikiLeaks concerned Clinton directly: they revealed that directions to members of the foreign service, written by the CIA, had gone out in 2009 under her (systematically attached) name to gather biometric and other personal details on foreign diplomats, including officials of the United Nations and U.S. allies.[305][306][307]

Secretary Clinton in February 2011The 2011 Egyptian protests posed the biggest foreign policy crisis for the administration yet.[308] Clinton was in the forefront of U.S. public response to it, quickly evolving from an early assessment that the government of Hosni Mubarak was "stable" to a stance that there needed to be an "orderly transition [to] a democratic participatory government" to a condemnation of violence against the protesters.[309][310] Obama also came to rely upon Clinton's advice, organization, and personal connections in the behind-the-scenes response to developments.[308] As protests spread throughout the region, Clinton was at the forefront of a U.S. response that she recognized was sometimes contradictory, backing some regimes while supporting protesters against others.[311] As the 2011 Libyan civil war took place, Clinton's shift in favor of military intervention was a key turning point in overcoming internal administration opposition and gaining the backing for, and Arab and U.N. approval of, the 2011 military intervention in Libya.[311][312][313] She later used U.S. allies and what she called "convening power" to help keep the Libyan rebels unified as they eventually overthrew the Gaddafi regime.[313] Following the successful May 2011 U.S. mission to kill Osama bin Laden, Clinton played a key role in the administration's decision not to release photographs of the dead al-Qaeda leader.[314] In a December 2011 speech before the United Nations Human Rights Council, she said that the U.S. would advocate for gay rights abroad and that "Gay rights are human rights" and that "It should never be a crime to be gay."[315] The same month saw her conclude the first visit to Burma by a U.S. secretary of state since 1955, as she met with Burmese leaders as well as opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi and sought to support the 2011 Burmese democratic reforms.[316]

Throughout her tenure, Clinton has looked towards "smart power" as the strategy for asserting U.S. leadership and values, combining military strength with U.S. capacities in global economics, development aid, and technology.[313] She has also greatly expanded the State Department's use of social media, including Facebook and Twitter, both to get its message out and to help empower people vis à via their rulers.[313] And in the Mideast turmoil, Clinton particularly saw an opportunity to advance one of the central themes of her tenure, the empowerment and welfare of women and girls worldwide.[156] By now Clinton had set the record for most-traveled Secretary of State for a comparable period of time, logging 465,000 miles (748,000 km) and visiting 79 countries.[156] (Time magazine wrote that "Clinton's endurance is legendary."

Hillary Rodham Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wikipedia..?
Is that considered news?

Wow. Just wow.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Forum List

Back