Fluke: Slurs won't silence women

If this so called war on women is helping Obama why is his approval rating down from 50% to 41%? Some of you might want to rethink this whole war on women talking point.

This "war on women" is a christian fundamentalist policy. They do not see it that way because women are supposed to be subserviant to the Husband and to all male authority figures. That is how women are portrayed in their fantasy sky fairy manuals. They are property. They are OWNED. They do not see any need for one of them to speak up on behalf of other women. The man will decide what is abuse.

Soooo....as long as she has a hot meal on the table when wanted, the house is clean, the beer is cold and she opens it before presenting it to the dude's waiting hand, oh...and she leaves the TV remote alone...you won't have to beat her?
What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing, she's already been told twice!
kooo...oooll! Where can I get one of those?

Rush Limbaugh & Co are learning this lesson well. The GOP will pay dearly at the ballot-box come Nov. 2012 for their devious war on women.

Sandra Fluke: Slurs won't silence women - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Last month, students from several Catholic universities gathered to send a message to the nation that contraception is basic health care. I was among them, and I was proud to share the stories of my friends at Georgetown Law who have suffered dire medical consequences because our student insurance does not cover contraception for the purpose of preventing pregnancy.

I joined these students in speaking at a media event because I believe that stories of how real women are affected are the most powerful argument for access to affordable, quality reproductive health care services.

I also joined these students because now is a critical time to raise this issue in our public consciousness.

Read the rest of article at the source.

Sandra Fluke.....brings a new meaning to the term "birther". :badgrin:

Fluke: Slurs won't silence women

KrustyFrank, FULL(of shit), TINY(brainer), DogsEatCats, DiaperSniper, MisterMissedThePointMeister, N-L-oser.

You are disgusting hyenas..cowards... I read up on Fluke after reading your hysterical screeching rants and insults. She is a good person that "advocates" for better protection for abused women. Where as you scum apparently do not join her in that worthy cause.

You pieces of shit do dis-service to all women..including grandmothers, mothers, sisters, wives, daughters female neighbors and women everywhere.

I have no fear of encroaching on the 'FAMILY" rule here at USMB because from your words of hatred towards women and any effort to protect them from violence or abuse it is clear that you were all abandoned as babies in dumpsters and harbor deep and unreparable negative feelings towards women.

I cannot think of the words to express my sense of just how worthless you low-lifes are.

You are correct that Ms Fluke is not an "average" law student. She is an expert in the field of womens rights. You are expert at blowviating liquid shit out of your stinking pie holes.

Your disgusting attitudes are noted. I don't know if the good women will forgive your foolish hurtful words....But I will not. You think you can win a war against women?..maybe... Against HUGGY?... not on your best and my worst day.. It's on scum.

Wow Huggy,

Someone touched a nerve.

Why don't you take one of your pills and go to bed for a while.

When you wake up, you might (heavy emphasis on might) sound intelligent.

Good luck.

BTW: Like most liberals, you only follow rules until it suites your purposes. While I will stay away from anything like that, I can assure you that on the usefulness scale....you appear to be at the bottom.

Keep posting though....I enjoy the laughs.

To think you took all that time to try and insult people via their names.....:razz::razz:

I'm not a liberal or a democrat. Piss on you Morman. The only thing you "defend" is your imaginary sky fairy. That's right you blowviating sack of liquid shit. I defend women in general and those that go out on a limb advocating FOR the rights of abused women.. You pieces of shit Mormans just abuse women. I can see why we don't get along. We NEVER will. I like it that way... now buzz off and stay out from under my feet.... I squish cocoroaches.

More tough talk from the board pissant.

I would suggest you wait longer between joints. It might help you not look so stupid.

As for the name calling....you make me laugh.

It would be great if you could tell us where you went to grade school (I'm betting High School never saw you). We could encourage our legislators to send more money so the students who follow you out the door won't be as ignorant and bigoted as you are.

My guess is that women would just as soon an asshole like you not take up their cause.

Now stop using sandpaper to jack-off.....it clouds your judgement.

Wow Huggy,

Someone touched a nerve.

Why don't you take one of your pills and go to bed for a while.

When you wake up, you might (heavy emphasis on might) sound intelligent.

Good luck.

BTW: Like most liberals, you only follow rules until it suites your purposes. While I will stay away from anything like that, I can assure you that on the usefulness scale....you appear to be at the bottom.

Keep posting though....I enjoy the laughs.

To think you took all that time to try and insult people via their names.....:razz::razz:

I'm not a liberal or a democrat. Piss on you Morman. The only thing you "defend" is your imaginary sky fairy. That's right you blowviating sack of liquid shit. I defend women in general and those that go out on a limb advocating FOR the rights of abused women.. You pieces of shit Mormans just abuse women. I can see why we don't get along. We NEVER will. I like it that way... now buzz off and stay out from under my feet.... I squish cocoroaches.

More tough talk from the board pissant.

I would suggest you wait longer between joints. It might help you not look so stupid.

As for the name calling....you make me laugh.

It would be great if you could tell us where you went to grade school (I'm betting High School never saw you). We could encourage our legislators to send more money so the students who follow you out the door won't be as ignorant and bigoted as you are.

My guess is that women would just as soon an asshole like you not take up their cause.

Now stop using sandpaper to jack-off.....it clouds your judgement.

Mormans live for laughter. They are so genuine. Do you have one of those Creepy Morman laughs?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqTd3KJndFY]Mitt Romney Lives For Laughter - YouTube[/ame]

If this so called war on women is helping Obama why is his approval rating down from 50% to 41%? Some of you might want to rethink this whole war on women talking point.

This "war on women" is a christian fundamentalist policy. They do not see it that way because women are supposed to be subserviant to the Husband and to all male authority figures. That is how women are portrayed in their fantasy sky fairy manuals. They are property. They are OWNED. They do not see any need for one of them to speak up on behalf of other women. The man will decide what is abuse.

Where the fuck do you get this shit? I suggest you actually look at how Conservatives treat the women in their lives, in stead of relying on HuffPo and NOW to form your opinions for you.

Where the fuck do you get this shit? I suggest you actually look at how Conservatives treat the women in their lives, in stead of relying on HuffPo and NOW to form your opinions for you.
If you use TheFOXNEWS as the example, they treat them as eye-candy, better seen and not heard. Just ask Bill O'Reilly.

And challenge his political assumptions? Maybe grow into a decent human being? Why would he want to do that?

If you use TheFOXNEWS as the example, they treat them as eye-candy, better seen and not heard. Just ask Bill O'Reilly.

How on earth do you figure that? OReilly alone has tons of female guests and female guest hosts. You know what guests and guest hosts do? They talk. Not all of them are pretty. Some are progressives.

Actually I've been a major international feminist for almost two decades. And you?

No shit on my part. What about you?

So, to respond to my actual comment, are you confirming that you are a right wing extremist idiot, yes or no?

Answer is no.

Why?

Because I have been a major feminist activist for over 5 decades now if we want to take in the 70's.

You want to dance with me? For true?

Let's dance. I'm pissed. I'm angry. I have worked for womens rights for decades.

And you?

Okay, so you're not an extremist right wing idiot. So now, you do realize that my comment, to which you were replying, was explicitly referring to extremist right wing idiots, right? Because I'm confused why you would rebut what I said with "No, we want such and such" if you weren't putting yourself into that category.

The good looking women on Fox are five times more intelligent than most of the posters on this board.

Your statement is simply a grasp and is unsupportable.

Please point out which one is not allowed to show how bright she is.

The left tried this shit in 2004. It was the strangest thing. A huge anti woman rally lead by none other than Whoopi trying the same freaking thing of anti women hate by republicans.

It's old.

No, it's brand new. It's here, it's now, and you have Rush and folks like full-auto and the others on this board for making it brand new.

You talk about what the left tried to do, and what you're not understanding is that they didn't do this. When Fluke spoke, it wasn't about her. It wasn't personal. She was just another person blending into the background of a sea of people supporting an agenda that Democrats and liberals have been supporting for a very long time.

Fluke would have been just as forgettable as any person walking down a busy street. Even if Rush felt the need to respond to her statements, he could have focused his comments on addressing the issues and her arguments on their merits, and nobody would have noticed Fluke. Just another person saying more or less the same things that lots of people have said lots of times before. But Rush insisted on a completely different approach, and that had a completely different result.

Now, the first and foremost issue is Sandra Fluke, college student, human being, intelligent, articulate, respectful toward others, cool and composed. She's been publicly humiliated, being called vile names, for no other reason than the fact that she has different political positions than Rush. He's a conservative, she's a liberal, therefore he feels the need to call her vile names. Now, people who didn't know who Fluke was, would have never heard her name, people who don't normally bother with politics, are hearing her name and seeing her. And what is the first thing they see? The fact that she was senselessly attacked on a personal level, and that she's standing strong, composed, level headed, courageous. And most people in the country are thinking "Wow, she's pretty impressive."

For some people, it will end there, they'll lose interest again. Other people will dig deeper and learn more about what she has to say. Young people who are perhaps getting ready to vote for the first time in a Presidential election, but who still don't really know what side of the aisle the think they belong on, are now weighing their options between the filthy fat dude who eats too many pills and says vulgar things, and the well dressed, cool and professional woman with whom they might disagree about certain things but is still alot more worthy of imitation that that guy.

This could have remained about the issue of the health care law, the insurance mandate, and the provision that does not allow religious organizations to exempt themselves from the law. But Rush turned it into something else entirely. And what are we talking about now? Sandra Fluke. And regardless of whether you agree or disagree with her politics on the health care law, she deserves no bit of the vile disrespect that has been thrown at her.

I am opposed to the health care law. I have been all along. I remain opposed, I support the law being repealed. But Sandra Fluke does not deserve to be demonized for nothing more than expressing her position in a respectful, professional, and articulate manner. She does not deserve to be called vile names just because her and I hold differences of opinion on this issue. I condemn Rush, not just for his comments. But for moving the discussion away from the real issues and being an ABSOLUTE FAILURE toward the cause of repealing the health care law. He could have argued the issue. But instead he argued the person. And in doing so, he gave Fluke a big opportunity, which she is capitalizing on quite well I might add, to walk through that door and look the part of an inspiration for alot of young women in our country.

You have to admire democrats, even as they are losing, they think they are winning.

What are you talking about? Women and Latinos are abandoning the GOP in droves. The GOP thinks killing health care for the middle class will get them the White House. They're the idiots in this equation.

Is that a yes or a no? Care to wager on the election?

Romney beats Obama hands down.

If Santorum is nominated, Obama might win reelection.

Funny...you guyz are pretty funny. Mittens can't even beat the wackos in the GOP primaries "hands down".

Have I ever mentioned that America will never elect a Morman POTUS?

The left tried this shit in 2004. It was the strangest thing. A huge anti woman rally lead by none other than Whoopi trying the same freaking thing of anti women hate by republicans.

It's old.

No, it's brand new. It's here, it's now, and you have Rush and folks like full-auto and the others on this board for making it brand new.

You talk about what the left tried to do, and what you're not understanding is that they didn't do this. When Fluke spoke, it wasn't about her. It wasn't personal. She was just another person blending into the background of a sea of people supporting an agenda that Democrats and liberals have been supporting for a very long time.

Fluke would have been just as forgettable as any person walking down a busy street. Even if Rush felt the need to respond to her statements, he could have focused his comments on addressing the issues and her arguments on their merits, and nobody would have noticed Fluke. Just another person saying more or less the same things that lots of people have said lots of times before. But Rush insisted on a completely different approach, and that had a completely different result.

Now, the first and foremost issue is Sandra Fluke, college student, human being, intelligent, articulate, respectful toward others, cool and composed. She's been publicly humiliated, being called vile names, for no other reason than the fact that she has different political positions than Rush. He's a conservative, she's a liberal, therefore he feels the need to call her vile names. Now, people who didn't know who Fluke was, would have never heard her name, people who don't normally bother with politics, are hearing her name and seeing her. And what is the first thing they see? The fact that she was senselessly attacked on a personal level, and that she's standing strong, composed, level headed, courageous. And most people in the country are thinking "Wow, she's pretty impressive."

For some people, it will end there, they'll lose interest again. Other people will dig deeper and learn more about what she has to say. Young people who are perhaps getting ready to vote for the first time in a Presidential election, but who still don't really know what side of the aisle the think they belong on, are now weighing their options between the filthy fat dude who eats too many pills and says vulgar things, and the well dressed, cool and professional woman with whom they might disagree about certain things but is still alot more worthy of imitation that that guy.

This could have remained about the issue of the health care law, the insurance mandate, and the provision that does not allow religious organizations to exempt themselves from the law. But Rush turned it into something else entirely. And what are we talking about now? Sandra Fluke. And regardless of whether you agree or disagree with her politics on the health care law, she deserves no bit of the vile disrespect that has been thrown at her.

I am opposed to the health care law. I have been all along. I remain opposed, I support the law being repealed. But Sandra Fluke does not deserve to be demonized for nothing more than expressing her position in a respectful, professional, and articulate manner. She does not deserve to be called vile names just because her and I hold differences of opinion on this issue. I condemn Rush, not just for his comments. But for moving the discussion away from the real issues and being an ABSOLUTE FAILURE toward the cause of repealing the health care law. He could have argued the issue. But instead he argued the person. And in doing so, he gave Fluke a big opportunity, which she is capitalizing on quite well I might add, to walk through that door and look the part of an inspiration for alot of young women in our country.

You should wear a big "Fluke Me!" Button

It's old.

You should wear a big "Fluke Me!" Button

Amazing how you just made InTheMiddle's case for him. Just like that.

Forum List

Back