Flying Confederate Flag is racist But It's O.K. for Biden to say this

Whether it is racist or non racist....does it truly matter?

Why in the heck would any Country that was in a war, allow the LOSERS to fly their flag at all.... beside the Nation's flag that won the war? Makes no sense to me...that Confederate flag should have been barred from Government property, over a hundred years ago.

Is the Swastika still flown in Germany? Heck NO! (and I am not equating the Confederates to the Nazis, just pointing out, losers don't get to fly their flags in the Nation they lost their war in even if it was a part of the Nation's History, why was this ever different here?)

Edit: and before you cry foul or something, I was born in Alabama, my Father as well and my entire family on my Dad's side all come from there and I have a family History full of Confederates....
It was PC at the time to coddle traitors but that time is past.
But WHY was it ever PC?

Scotland is still a country, Ireland is still a Country.....

Is the Confederate States of America a Country?

Makes no difference. Anyone can create a flag and fly it on their private property. I do believe that the majority attach a much different meaning to the Confederate flag than what the left has deemed it to mean, but the left insists that the south is infested with racists and they are making this an issue because they think it will prove their point. As soon as some people fight back and demand their freedom of speech, the left will declare them all racists and try to fan the flames yet again.

We have a lot of important issues to be addressed in this country, but the left focuses on shit like this while everything else falls apart.

Why in the heck would any Country that was in a war, allow the LOSERS to fly their flag at all.... beside the Nation's flag that won the war? Makes no sense to me...that Confederate flag should have been barred from Government property, over a hundred years ago.

Is the Swastika still flown in Germany? Heck NO! (and I am not equating the Confederates to the Nazis, just pointing out, losers don't get to fly their flags in the Nation they lost their war in even if it was a part of the Nation's History, why was this ever different here?)

Edit: and before you cry foul or something, I was born in Alabama, my Father as well and my entire family on my Dad's side all come from there and I have a family History full of Confederates....
You mean like Great Britain with regards to Scotland? You mean like North Ireland and the Irish flag? You mean like the Kurds in Iraq? You mean like Taiwan and China? You mean like the United States and the Mexican flag? You mean like Texas and the Mexican flag? You mean like California and the Mexican flag? You mean like the United States and Japanese flag?

Scotland is part of Great Britain. North Ireland is part of Ireland (or should be), the southern states are part of the United States. Your point is moot.
"the South" IS NOT A COUNTRY

period.
And neither are Catholics in North Ireland, Kurdistan,Scotland, or Taiwan for that matter.

But WHY was it ever PC?
It wasn't and never should be. Neither should removal of the flag or anything for that matter be "PC." PC = Marxism.

You mean like Great Britain with regards to Scotland? You mean like North Ireland and the Irish flag? You mean like the Kurds in Iraq? You mean like Taiwan and China? You mean like the United States and the Mexican flag? You mean like Texas and the Mexican flag? You mean like California and the Mexican flag? You mean like the United States and Japanese flag?

Scotland is part of Great Britain. North Ireland is part of Ireland (or should be), the southern states are part of the United States. Your point is moot.

period.

Scotland is a nation, not a country. The UK is a country.

The South isn't a nation.

The Confederate flag is an offensive symbol to a significant minority. If people want to fly it on their property, they should be allowed. And even though South Carolinans have every right to choose to fly it, it shouldn't be flown on government property.

period.

Scotland is a nation, not a country. The UK is a country.

The South isn't a nation.

The Confederate flag is an offensive symbol to a significant minority. If people want to fly it on their property, they should be allowed. And even though South Carolinans have every right to choose to fly it, it shouldn't be flown on government property.
If the majority of South Carolinian's elect people who feel it should be flown than it should be flown. See 10th Amendment to Constitution. It does not matter about nation status. As for Scotland: "The Kingdom of Scotland emerged as an independent sovereign state in the Early Middle Ages and continued to exist until 1707. By inheritance in 1603, King James VI of Scotland became King of England and King of Ireland, thus forming a personal union of the three kingdoms. Scotland subsequently entered into a political union with England on 1 May 1707 to create the new Kingdom of Great Britain.[20][21] The union also created a new Parliament of Great Britain, which succeeded both the Parliament of Scotland and the Parliament of England. The Treaty of Union was agreed in 1706 and enacted by the twin Acts of Union 1707 passed by the Parliaments of both countries, despite popular opposition and anti-union riots in Edinburgh, Glasgow, and elsewhere.[22][23] Great Britain itself subsequently entered into a political union with Ireland on 1 January 1801 to create the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland."
Optimum word being: "Entered into a political union." Just like the southern United States. The South felt they could leave this union at anytime. Just like Scotland someday will dissolve it's union with Great Britain. If that day comes should the British Army go in and force them to remain?

But WHY was it ever PC?
The federal government wanted to promote unity and healing (at least among white people) after the war.

Anyone glorifying CSA images or historical figures is unAmerican.
They were American's and exhibited bravery on the field of battle defending their homeland from a foreign invasion.
You mean the loser traitors? :rofl:
Nope. 1/2 of the United States that felt they were within their rights to do so.
"Feeling" is not law or an excuse. You are nuts.
No. When southern delegates left the 1787 convention they felt they reserved the right to withdraw from this contract at their discretion.
Show us where each and everyone believed that. Be specific.

Liberal's want to ban the confederate flag but its o.k. when one of their own plays the race card from the bottom of the deck. How hypocritical.Should we ban Joe Biden?
The American Left is now completely in control of deciding what is and what is not racist, and what the consequences are for breaking their rules.

The rest of the country allowed this to happen by not stopping it early. Too late.

The rest of the country would change it if it disagreed.

The great Center does not agree with the divisive far right, the most divisive movement in American history since the Civil War.

The rest of the country would change it if it disagreed.

The great Center does not agree with the divisive far right, the most divisive movement in American history since the Civil War.
Funny how you choose not to see how divisive and effective the Far Left is.

"Too late" means too late. This won't be changed regardless of what most want.

The far left is not dangerous, the far right is very dangerous.

The great American Center is fully aware of the real danger.

FIne! Displaying the Confederate flag is racist.

Now what? Is racism gone if the flag isn't being displayed?

Quit treating symptoms, and start curing the ailement.

you have to start somewhere... hey isn't it the new rethuglican mantra to "bring back SHAME" ?

ooopsy daisy! :eusa_doh:

Start by addressing root causes, rather than flailing away at inanimate objects like spoiled brat who isn't getting her way.

Start by addressing root causes, rather than flailing away at inanimate objects like spoiled brat who isn't getting her way.

you mean like people who insist the rebel flag from the civil war has any place being on government buildings today? :lol:

Forum List

Back