🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Food industry braces for Obama trans fat ban

Even small amounts of trans fat in the diet can have harmful health effects. For every extra 2 percent of calories from trans fat daily, the risk of coronary heart disease increases by 23 percent.

You can eat a normal meal with 3 servings, salad, and a desert and end up with 2 grams of trans fats yet the package labeling will indicate you're getting no trans fats.

Fats and Cholesterol Out with the Bad In with the Good The Nutrition Source Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
97.8% of statistics thrown out on the internet are completely bogus and unprovable.
What percentage or amount of trans fat do you claim is a safe amount to consume on a daily or weekly basis?
What percent do you claim is harmful? Keep in mind people have been eating transfats for decades and no one can quantify the harmful effects.
Do any search, google or whatever, with the word harm trans fat and you will get page after page of of data about heart decease, strokes and other vascular illnesses. One can differentiate between natural trans fat found in natural food products and man created and engineered trans fats, but even the natural trans fat need to be consumed with moderation and personal regulation. There is no amount of man made trans fat that is deemed as safe.
Bullshit. Why hasnt everyone dropped dead after eating that shit for 50 years?

Sheer ignorance! You don't see people dropping dead from smoking cigarettes, yet we know that approx 6 million worldwide die from smoking each year. You're a complete idiot. The number one cause of death in this country is heart disease. There are plenty of credible reports showing how dangerous trans fat is. Go read something for cripes sake.

Scientists Unlock How Trans Fats Harm Your Arteries

Trans fat Avoid this cholesterol double whammy - Mayo Clinic

If you can find gallons of straight trans fat, I'll send that instead. I figured lard would have to suffice. Would you like a tub, Tubby? :D

Well, maybe you can scrape it off your anal walls, since you already have your head up there....

BTW Cruella, lard has no hydrogenated oils naturally. What's funny is that it was you ninnies who started the who hydrogenation shit, stirring fears of saturated fats.

It sounds like you're getting ready to blow a blood vessel. I think those clogged arteries are causing a lack of oxygen to your brain. You should see a doctor.

97.8% of statistics thrown out on the internet are completely bogus and unprovable.
What percentage or amount of trans fat do you claim is a safe amount to consume on a daily or weekly basis?
What percent do you claim is harmful? Keep in mind people have been eating transfats for decades and no one can quantify the harmful effects.
Do any search, google or whatever, with the word harm trans fat and you will get page after page of of data about heart decease, strokes and other vascular illnesses. One can differentiate between natural trans fat found in natural food products and man created and engineered trans fats, but even the natural trans fat need to be consumed with moderation and personal regulation. There is no amount of man made trans fat that is deemed as safe.

Sheer ignorance! You don't see people dropping dead from smoking cigarettes, yet we know that approx 6 million worldwide die from smoking each year. You're a complete idiot. The number one cause of death in this country is heart disease. There are plenty of credible reports showing how dangerous trans fat is. Go read something for cripes sake.

You can show a pretty clear causal link between smokers and disease. And the more they smoke the more likely they will get a disease. No such luck with trans fats at the level most people eat them.
Any more than you can show a link with bacon, cheese, or pizza.

If you can find gallons of straight trans fat, I'll send that instead. I figured lard would have to suffice. Would you like a tub, Tubby? :D

Well, maybe you can scrape it off your anal walls, since you already have your head up there....

BTW Cruella, lard has no hydrogenated oils naturally. What's funny is that it was you ninnies who started the who hydrogenation shit, stirring fears of saturated fats.

It sounds like you're getting ready to blow a blood vessel. I think those clogged arteries are causing a lack of oxygen to your brain. You should see a doctor.

More irony impaired posts from the far left drones!

Ironic post is moronic.

You can show a pretty clear causal link between smokers and disease. And the more they smoke the more likely they will get a disease. No such luck with trans fats at the level most people eat them.
You are retarded and a fool. You actually believe the link between smoking and disease is casual. It is direct you idiot. It is unbelievable that in the year 2015 dinosaurs like you still roam the earth. Smoking restricts blood vessels. Cholesterol blocks blood vessels. Lack of blood flow causes heart attacks and strokes. A fifth grader can understand that.

You are retarded and a fool. You actually believe the link between smoking and disease is casual. It is direct you idiot. It is unbelievable that in the year 2015 dinosaurs like you still roam the earth. Smoking restricts blood vessels. Cholesterol blocks blood vessels. Lack of blood flow causes heart attacks and strokes. A fifth grader can understand that.

He must not read anything other than this forum. Sad, isn't it?

He reads. He is just an ignorant fuck with no morals, ethics or character. He just gets a kick out of arguing with people. No rhyme or reason necessary. Just a lonely fucking turd looking for attention.

Which of Congress' enumerated powers permits it to enact a law banning trans fats?

He reads. He is just an ignorant fuck with no morals, ethics or character. He just gets a kick out of arguing with people. No rhyme or reason necessary. Just a lonely fucking turd looking for attention.

You're not going to get an argument out of me. :D

OMG! Dont even bother respondign to my posts, moron. I wrote there was a "causal" link. Not a "casual" link. You are truly a brain dead uneducated lump of festering shit. Dont. Even. Bother.

how the fuck is that moving the goalposts?....you mean if someone shows something that is contradictory to what you say,then the posts must have been moved...you aint to bright rabbi.....you were pretty ignorant in the pot threads too....same thing....any science shown doesnt matter because you have been told different....and of course its all bogus....
You dont see that you moved the goalposts on that one? You went from "any consumption of transfats will harm you" to "eating transfats is bad for you." Those arent the same statement, dumbshit. SUrely you see that, right?
you want to show me were i said .....any consumption of transfats will harm you.....dumbshit....ill wait....
It was Statisheilhitler who posted that banning trans fats would save 7,000 lives a year I called it a bogus statistic. You disagreed with me.
It was Flopper who maintained that the tiniest bit of trans fats were harmful. Again, you didnt disagree with him.
You seem unclear on the concept of quantity as a determinative factor. I cant help that
you are losing this argument.....i disagreed with you on the harmful effects of trans fat.....if you learn to read i stated above that no one is saying a set percentage,they are saying Trans Fats are a MAJOR contributor to heart disease.....no study i read gives a percentage,just that it is not good for you....and what flooper said was backed up in the link he showed.....but then you dont go for things being proved with science do ya?...remember i have been in pot threads with you....you felt smoking pot is not good even if you smoked casually....because the lungs are harmed but eating foods with TF's are ok as long as you do it "casually".....
You deflect to a thread that is months old and I am losing the argument? No, I dont think so.
We agree eating trans fat is not part of a healthy lifestyle. We probably agree eating a certain amount is going to have bad effects. I think people ought to have the right to make those decisions on their own. You think we need Big Brother stepping in to tell us we cannot make those decisions.
That's the difference here.

PS They cant be a major contributor to heart disease because they arent a major part of anyone's diet.
You deflect to a thread that is months old and I am losing the argument?
oh im sorry you cant use past examples, ok ill remember that when i see you doing just that....
You think we need Big Brother stepping in to tell us we cannot make those decisions.
the difference is ...you think the food industry will voluntarily tell us if they find out something they have been adding for 50 years is not to good for us and do something about it.....i dont........
They cant be a major contributor to heart disease because they arent a major part of anyone's diet
you dont pay attention to well do you?..here i will say it again for you and all the other slow kids here....for a long time last Century this stuff was added to quite a few foods and has been pegged as one of the major contributors to heart disease.....now go ahead prove me wrong....

I've noticed the same thing. He's one of those who is just pissed. He's a failure and its got to be someone's fault.

Last edited:
You dont see that you moved the goalposts on that one? You went from "any consumption of transfats will harm you" to "eating transfats is bad for you." Those arent the same statement, dumbshit. SUrely you see that, right?
you want to show me were i said .....any consumption of transfats will harm you.....dumbshit....ill wait....
It was Statisheilhitler who posted that banning trans fats would save 7,000 lives a year I called it a bogus statistic. You disagreed with me.
It was Flopper who maintained that the tiniest bit of trans fats were harmful. Again, you didnt disagree with him.
You seem unclear on the concept of quantity as a determinative factor. I cant help that
you are losing this argument.....i disagreed with you on the harmful effects of trans fat.....if you learn to read i stated above that no one is saying a set percentage,they are saying Trans Fats are a MAJOR contributor to heart disease.....no study i read gives a percentage,just that it is not good for you....and what flooper said was backed up in the link he showed.....but then you dont go for things being proved with science do ya?...remember i have been in pot threads with you....you felt smoking pot is not good even if you smoked casually....because the lungs are harmed but eating foods with TF's are ok as long as you do it "casually".....
You deflect to a thread that is months old and I am losing the argument? No, I dont think so.
We agree eating trans fat is not part of a healthy lifestyle. We probably agree eating a certain amount is going to have bad effects. I think people ought to have the right to make those decisions on their own. You think we need Big Brother stepping in to tell us we cannot make those decisions.
That's the difference here.

PS They cant be a major contributor to heart disease because they arent a major part of anyone's diet.
You deflect to a thread that is months old and I am losing the argument?
oh im sorry you cant use past examples, ok ill remember that when i see you doing just that....
You think we need Big Brother stepping in to tell us we cannot make those decisions.
the difference is ...you think the food industry will voluntarily tell us if they find out something they have been adding for 50 years is not to good for us and do something about it.....i dont........
They cant be a major contributor to heart disease because they arent a major part of anyone's diet
you dont pay attention to well do you?..here i will say it again for you and all the other slow kids here....for a long time last Century this stuff was added to quite a few foods and has been pegged as one of the major contributors to heart disease.....now go ahead prove me wrong....
You are rapidly entering Rightwinger territory.
What does "added to quite a few foods" mean? Care to quantify that?
What does "been pegged as one of the major contributors to heart disease" mean?
No one argues hot dogs are good for you. Have hot dogs been "pegged as one of the major contributors to heart disease"? SHould we ban hot dogs? Or should people be free to eat hot dogs if they want, and it is up to them to decide if they want to stuff their faces with them every day or make it a once a month maybe sort of thing?
You are simply a statist moron, wanting Big Daddy Government to tell you what you should eat.

I've noticed the same thing. He's one of those who is just pissed. He's a failure and its got to be someone's fault.
An ironic circle jerk of some of the least competent posters on this forum.

You haven't known anyone who died of heat disease? Lucky you.
Not what I said, dufus.
Plenty of people have eaten transfats and they're fine. Monitor the intake and you'll be fine.It is typcal of dems that they want to demonize the object and excuse the user.
Plenty of people smoke cigarettes, drink a quart a liquor a day, and use drugs and they are still alive but that still doesn't make it safe.

How does one monitor the amount trans fats in their diet when process food labels say 0 grams when they actually contain up .5 grams? Actually any amount of trans fat is bad, worse than saturated fat. A trans-fat diet reduces blood vessel function by 30%, raises LDL ("bad")-cholesterol, and lowers HDL ("good")-cholesterol levels by about one fifth.

You need to recognize the Right doesn't want to hear all of this information. They just want "FREEDOM!"

The sad part is when Corporations deny them the freedom to know what is in the products they are consuming/using.

They KNOW they will get more wages once their boss gets more profits. I'll let the smart ones figure that one out lol.

Its not actually "freedom" the right wants. If that were true, they would be fighting for the rights of all American to marry whom they want, for women to have complete sovereign control over their own reproduction and they'd fight to keep religion separate from government.

Nor do they want a safe place to raise their kids or a first rate education for them. And they definitely don't care about other kids.

Rabid RWs seem to want to be on the wrong side of every single issue.

RanDrones (Randbot drones) go all bonkers about any action anything called "government" dares to do, regardless how benign, as "waaah, chains of oppression". But let anything "corporate" try exactly the same thing, and they can't get their knee pads on fast enough wailing "yes master may I have another".

It's absolutely bizarre that they don't see it.
And let the government do anything and you cannot get your kneepads out fast enough.
One is no better than the other - both are asinine.

I would rather simply control my own life thank you very much. The problem is that you are not content with simply controlling your own life – you need to get in mine as well.

Forum List

Back