🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Food industry braces for Obama trans fat ban

I don't think we need a ban. Let those DIMWITS eat that crap. Those with one brain cell working don't put that garbage in their body. Many adults will never figure this out. Trans fats offer nothing, not even taste.
Trans fats offer nothing, not even taste

tell that to some high calorie sweets ....

You dont see that you moved the goalposts on that one? You went from "any consumption of transfats will harm you" to "eating transfats is bad for you." Those arent the same statement, dumbshit. SUrely you see that, right?
you want to show me were i said .....any consumption of transfats will harm you.....dumbshit....ill wait....
Any amount can harm you and there are plenty of studies that show how even small amounts are harmful. That is because the affect is cumulative. The amount accumulated may or may not created a health problem.
you want to show me were i said .....any consumption of transfats will harm you.....dumbshit....ill wait....
It was Statisheilhitler who posted that banning trans fats would save 7,000 lives a year I called it a bogus statistic. You disagreed with me.
It was Flopper who maintained that the tiniest bit of trans fats were harmful. Again, you didnt disagree with him.
You seem unclear on the concept of quantity as a determinative factor. I cant help that
You seem unclear on the concept of accumulation as a determining factor.
hey camp....where did i say this?.....i think you got the wrong guy for that....
Any amount can harm you and there are plenty of studies that show how even small amounts are harmful. That is because the affect is cumulative. The amount accumulated may or may not created a health problem.
I apologize. Think I must have been confused. Sorry.
Two dumbshits in a pod.
aww whats the matter rabbi?....get bested yet again?.....are you going to tell us to fuck off?....

i have to explain that?.....geezus.....dean was right.........

Yes you do since you are quoting me and what you stated has NOTHING to do with anything I have said thus far.
Perhaps you should stick with Dean – you do not seem to understand anything above that bar.
Here is the difference between Democratic administrations that ban things and Republican administrations that ban things:
When Democratic administrations ban things, there is usually a logical, rational reason for the ban. Trans fat kills people.
When Republican administrations ban things, there is usually not any logical or rational reason for the ban other than "if I don't like it, you can't have it."
Bullshit.
The left likes to use the SAME argument that the right does all the time – it is not good for you and we know what is best. You can take that bullshit and get lost with it. The government does not need to be the purveyor of what I do. It is asinine.

I put out a query to show what the positive effects of transfats are -- why anyone would actively seek them-- quite a ways back. No one seems to want to touch that question.

Wonder why.
Because it is an idiotic question and you have already been told why. Why is irrelevant to anything - it is a matter of weather or not the government should be making the decision for you or not. Clear warning labels and clear content labels solve the problem of 'hiding' those evil fats. The rest is up to the consumer who can kill themselves off with excessive alcohol, cigarettes, dip, whip its or eating Styrofoam for all I care. It is their lives, not yours or mine.
who is making them put those labels on?....the govt or they themselves?....because it has already been stated a few times that the govt should not be saying anything to anyone about this,its not their place to make that decision for them.....
Where has that been stated. One link?

I will directly state that I do not believe that at all and have stated over and over again that there should be label and warning requirements.
put there by the govt right?....there have been a few posters in this thread who are saying the govt should not interfere....

you do understand that not to long ago trans fats were added to a lot of foods for taste and preserving....before the 90's not much was known about how they affect your health....if they occur naturally thats one thing,but when they were added to so many different things that is another thing,lots of foods had them.....
And your point is?
i have to explain that?.....geezus.....dean was right.........

Yes you do since you are quoting me and what you stated has NOTHING to do with anything I have said thus far.
Perhaps you should stick with Dean – you do not seem to understand anything above that bar.
LOl, you all should be so pleased you voted in these tryants who can wave a magic wand and BAN things in your life. Maybe we can get a petition going to BAN ABORTIONS.
Here is the difference between Democratic administrations that ban things and Republican administrations that ban things:
When Democratic administrations ban things, there is usually a logical, rational reason for the ban. Trans fat kills people.
When Republican administrations ban things, there is usually not any logical or rational reason for the ban other than "if I don't like it, you can't have it."
Bullshit.
The left likes to use the SAME argument that the right does all the time – it is not good for you and we know what is best. You can take that bullshit and get lost with it. The government does not need to be the purveyor of what I do. It is asinine.

I put out a query to show what the positive effects of transfats are -- why anyone would actively seek them-- quite a ways back. No one seems to want to touch that question.

Wonder why.
Because it is an idiotic question and you have already been told why. Why is irrelevant to anything - it is a matter of weather or not the government should be making the decision for you or not. Clear warning labels and clear content labels solve the problem of 'hiding' those evil fats. The rest is up to the consumer who can kill themselves off with excessive alcohol, cigarettes, dip, whip its or eating Styrofoam for all I care. It is their lives, not yours or mine.

So --- there isn't any. Just say it. You're fighting for absolutely nothing. A Randian ideal. Same thing.

Suppose tomorrow an easy method was invented to subtract mercury from seafood so that it was no longer a concern. Would it be the Second Coming of Joe Stalin if FDA then mandated that cans of tuna have their mercury removed? You know, because it would "deprive" your right to shut your own brain down? Again, same thing. Did evil Frances Kelsey "deprive" you of the right to be born without arms?

This isn't some regulation on what color you can make tires -- this is the food supply. This is people's lives.

Just a precursor to Big Brother food, water, and electricity rationing. It's all about the control. But hey i know, that's all just paranoid 'Tinfoil Hat' nonsense. ;)

See, deep down you know it's paranoid nonsense.

I'm confident it will be a reality at some point. Controlling what people eat, drink, and how much electricity they consume, is the ultimate control. One day the People will have to beg Big Brother to give em a little food and electricity. Big Brother will have everyone on lock-down if we continue on this path. Bet on that.
When does an issue of the health or safety of the country out weight an individual freedom? On one end of the spectrum, the answer is never. On the other end of the spectrum it's always. I say it really depends on the issue. The argument that one should be fee to choose trans fats seems a bit weak because it's almost impossible to tell how much trans fats there are in a meal.

My concern is what will the food processing industry come up with to replace trans fats. In the mid twenty century, replacement of animal fats with vegetable oils in cooking was praised as a step forward because it reduced saturated fats. By the end of century, we learned that trans fats due to hydrogenation of vegetable oils was worst than the saturated fats.
No, your arguments ignore the fact that you can EASILY make policy to tell exactly how much trans fats are in your meal without any banning at all. The arguments against banning only seem weak to you because you ignore the actual solution that serves BOTH ends - those that believe we should have the freedom to live as we choose and those that want government oversight in our diets.
Only if you include all meals including restaurants since 43% of all food comes from outside the home. However, it would be easier and cheaper just to ban the stuff. I doubt many Americans would miss it. After all, most of them think there food is free from trans fats now.

Whether consumers should have a choice of buying an unsafe product should depend how unsafe it is, whether there is sufficient data to make an informed choice, and lastly whether the customer is able to understand the dangers. At this point in time, I don't think people have enough data to make an informed choice and also lack the knowledge to evaluate the choice.

Last edited:
Is Margarine still committing genocide on the poor unsuspecting public? Remember when that was supposed to be killing everyone? Of course later studies showed that to be absolute Bullshite.

Never trust anyone who depends on Government funding for their 'studies.' That's exactly how we've gotten to this absurd Global Warming Boogeyman hysteria.
And the corollary to that is never trust anyone who depends on corporate funding for their studies.

Fair enough. Money often skews one's judgement. Margarine didn't kill everyone after all. Go figure?

It was Statisheilhitler who posted that banning trans fats would save 7,000 lives a year I called it a bogus statistic. You disagreed with me.
It was Flopper who maintained that the tiniest bit of trans fats were harmful. Again, you didnt disagree with him.
You seem unclear on the concept of quantity as a determinative factor. I cant help that
You seem unclear on the concept of accumulation as a determining factor.
hey camp....where did i say this?.....i think you got the wrong guy for that....
I apologize. Think I must have been confused. Sorry.
Two dumbshits in a pod.
aww whats the matter rabbi?....get bested yet again?.....are you going to tell us to fuck off?....
Bested? I kicked your ass all over thsi thread. Remind me again how transfats are like polonium and people keel over and die just from eating them once.

Is Margarine still committing genocide on the poor unsuspecting public? Remember when that was supposed to be killing everyone? Of course later studies showed that to be absolute Bullshite.

Never trust anyone who depends on Government funding for their 'studies.' That's exactly how we've gotten to this absurd Global Warming Boogeyman hysteria.
And the corollary to that is never trust anyone who depends on corporate funding for their studies.

Fair enough. Money often skews one's judgement. Margarine didn't kill everyone after all. Go figure?

Yet heart disease is the number one killer in this country. You are an extremist of the worst kind. The FDA is going to remove a poison from food that you can't taste, and won't miss, but your ideology is more important than the lives of your fellow countrymen and women. You are mentally ill and need help.

Well, unlike some federally banned substances, trans-fats actually kill people.
So does alcohol and tobacco. Maybe you need constant supervision? The foods that contain transfats aren't of the healthy variety in the first place. You need obama to provide healthier Ding Dongs for you?
Retard.

Yet heart disease is the number one killer in this country. You are an extremist of the worst kind. The FDA is going to remove a poison from food that you can't taste, and won't miss, but your ideology is more important than the lives of your fellow countrymen and women. You are mentally ill and need help.
Poor eating and lifestyle choices lead to heart disease. Typically, liberals find a bogey man to blame. Also typically, if a lib doesn't like something they want to outlaw it for everyone. But why stop there if your concern is genuine? Why not ban processed foods, period?

When are they starting on bacon and butter? Or you dont give a shit?

Poor eating and lifestyle choices lead to heart disease. Typically, liberals find a bogey man to blame. Also typically, if a lib doesn't like something they want to outlaw it for everyone. But why stop there if your concern is genuine? Why not ban processed foods, period?
It isnt the food that kills. Its' the mouth that swallows it.
Libs love to blame objects because it allows them more control. Saying that people need to take control and responsibility for their lives is anathema to them.

It isnt the food that kills. Its' the mouth that swallows it.
Libs love to blame objects because it allows them more control. Saying that people need to take control and responsibility for their lives is anathema to them.
Yes, I know. It was a rhetorical question, I didn't expect a liberal to have an actual answer. Most of them are on auto pilot and never give it a second thought.

You sound pretty extreme yourself. You're gonna die of something. Big Brother can't change that. So stop being an Authoritarian. Once you do stop, you'll feel liberated.

You sound pretty extreme yourself. You're gonna die of something. Big Brother can't change that. So stop being an Authoritarian. Once you do stop, you'll feel liberated.

Unfortunately in this day and age, A lot of the people don't mind having these ELECTED asses be their masters and walk all over them. As if they KNOW what is best for the little people. that is why they WILL CONTINUE
and everyday we lose more of our freedoms to CHOSE for ourselves.

Unfortunately in this day and age, A lot of the people don't mind having these ELECTED asses be their masters and walk all over them. As if they KNOW what is best for the little people. that is why they WILL CONTINUE

It's all about the control. One day Americans will be begging Big Brother for a little food, water, electricity, and so on. The rationing will begin at some point. It's only a matter of time. Once the People fully rely on Government, it's game, set, and match for Freedom & Liberty. And we're rapidly heading down that road.

It's all about the control. One day Americans will be begging Big Brother for a little food, water, electricity, and so on. The rationing will begin at some point. It's only a matter of time. Once the People fully rely on Government, it's game, set, and match for Freedom & Liberty. And we're rapidly heading down that road.

Yep, little by little. drip drip drip they take away more of Freedoms. but the people are too busy watching American idol. and those IN this Government KNOW IT

they've become TYRANTS.

Yep, little by little. drip drip drip they take away more of Freedoms. but the people are too busy watching American idol. and those IN this Government KNOW IT

they've become TYRANTS.

Hate to be so blunt, but most Americans are too busy stuffing their fat faces, watching porn/sports, and gobbling up their cheap Chinese-made shit at Walmart, to give a shit. And you are spot on. The Ruling Class Elites fully understand that.

Well, unlike some federally banned substances, trans-fats actually kill people.
So does alcohol and tobacco. Maybe you need constant supervision? The foods that contain transfats aren't of the healthy variety in the first place. You need obama to provide healthier Ding Dongs for you?
Retard.

Alcohol and tobacco aren't surreptitiously spiked into the food supply, are they?

Retard.

Ironic to cry the blues about "Authoritarianism", when you can't get your knee pads on fast enough any time a corporation says boo, doncha think, fascist sycophant?

The offer's still open: essplain to the class how you have a "right" to have poisons spiked into your food -- poisons that offer absolutely nothing nutritionally or aesthetically. Essplain to us how you have the "right" to have babies without arms. Essplain to us how Duh Big Bad Eebil Gubmint is trouncing our right to dysentery by keeping water drinkable.

Fuckin' mindless Randbot...

Forum List

Back