🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Food industry braces for Obama trans fat ban

How can we possibly survive this Trans Fat, Large Soda, Salty Food Genocide? We need Big Brother to completely control what we eat and drink. We'll all surely die if he doesn't.

Oh, and then there's that Global Warming Boogeyman too. What's Big Brother gonna do about that? And what about?...
After discovering there are no trans fats in Krispy Kreme donuts and only .1g in Mcdonald's fries, I find my interest waning.
The world ended when McDonald's cleaned up their French fries

Is Margarine still committing genocide on the poor unsuspecting public? Remember when that was supposed to be killing everyone? Of course later studies showed that to be absolute Bullshite.

Never trust anyone who depends on Government funding for their 'studies.' That's exactly how we've gotten to this absurd Global Warming Boogeyman hysteria.
And the corollary to that is never trust anyone who depends on corporate funding for their studies.

How can we possibly survive this Trans Fat, Large Soda, Salty Food Genocide? We need Big Brother to completely control what we eat and drink. We'll all surely die if he doesn't.

Oh, and then there's that Global Warming Boogeyman too. What's Big Brother gonna do about that? And what about?...
After discovering there are no trans fats in Krispy Kreme donuts and only .1g in Mcdonald's fries, I find my interest waning.
The world ended when McDonald's cleaned up their French fries
Yes, I can remember buying a Whooper at Burger King and going across the street for McDonald's fries.

Sheer ignorance! You don't see people dropping dead from smoking cigarettes, yet we know that approx 6 million worldwide die from smoking each year. You're a complete idiot. The number one cause of death in this country is heart disease. There are plenty of credible reports showing how dangerous trans fat is. Go read something for cripes sake.

Scientists Unlock How Trans Fats Harm Your Arteries

Trans fat Avoid this cholesterol double whammy - Mayo Clinic
Yet smoking is NOT banned. Another one torpedoing their own position.

You don't know what my position is on smoking, so I've torpedoed nothing.

One thing that is different in banning things like alcohol and tobacco, is the black market. Do you remember hearing about the prohibition years?

Do you think people will be trying to make trans fat in their bathtubs if it's removed from food? Of course not.

You might also take into consideration, health care cost and the overall health of the country. With the leading cause of death in this country being heart disease, I'm happy to hear that the FDA is finally doing their damn job.

This is not about the Gubmint, trying to take away your freedumb.

Who do you want having a longer shelf life, you or the food?

Obesity Is Hurting the U.S. Economy in Surprising Ways - Bloomberg Business
Yes, it actually is.

If you gave a damn you would support proper labeling and warnings like are on a thousand other things. You don't though because outright control is what you favor - the government deciding what you can and cannot do with your body.

I tire of these 'free choice' people that never support free choices.

We've been eating transfats for decades. I havent seen anyone keel over because he ingested the stuff.

You haven't known anyone who died of heat disease? Lucky you.
Not what I said, dufus.
Plenty of people have eaten transfats and they're fine. Monitor the intake and you'll be fine.It is typcal of dems that they want to demonize the object and excuse the user.
Plenty of people smoke cigarettes, drink a quart a liquor a day, and use drugs and they are still alive but that still doesn't make it safe.

How does one monitor the amount trans fats in their diet when process food labels say 0 grams when they actually contain up .5 grams? Actually any amount of trans fat is bad, worse than saturated fat. A trans-fat diet reduces blood vessel function by 30%, raises LDL ("bad")-cholesterol, and lowers HDL ("good")-cholesterol levels by about one fifth.
And yet those unsafe products are legal. You are torpedoing your own argument. The move to remove trans fats from the marketplace is bullshit.

That is an insane comment. However, I will see if I can google directions on how you can make your own trans fat.
While you are at it, Google how to abort at home on your own.

You are still free to control your body right? Lets get right on eliminating abortion clinics everywhere.

Or you could simply not purchase trans fats rather than force them out of the market because you don't like them.

You do understand the concept of freedom, do you not?
you do understand that not to long ago trans fats were added to a lot of foods for taste and preserving....before the 90's not much was known about how they affect your health....if they occur naturally thats one thing,but when they were added to so many different things that is another thing,lots of foods had them.....
And your point is?
i have to explain that?.....geezus.....dean was right.........

Yes you do since you are quoting me and what you stated has NOTHING to do with anything I have said thus far.
Perhaps you should stick with Dean – you do not seem to understand anything above that bar.
LOl, you all should be so pleased you voted in these tryants who can wave a magic wand and BAN things in your life. Maybe we can get a petition going to BAN ABORTIONS.
Here is the difference between Democratic administrations that ban things and Republican administrations that ban things:
When Democratic administrations ban things, there is usually a logical, rational reason for the ban. Trans fat kills people.
When Republican administrations ban things, there is usually not any logical or rational reason for the ban other than "if I don't like it, you can't have it."
Bullshit.
The left likes to use the SAME argument that the right does all the time – it is not good for you and we know what is best. You can take that bullshit and get lost with it. The government does not need to be the purveyor of what I do. It is asinine.

I put out a query to show what the positive effects of transfats are -- why anyone would actively seek them-- quite a ways back. No one seems to want to touch that question.

Wonder why.
Because it is an idiotic question and you have already been told why. Why is irrelevant to anything - it is a matter of weather or not the government should be making the decision for you or not. Clear warning labels and clear content labels solve the problem of 'hiding' those evil fats. The rest is up to the consumer who can kill themselves off with excessive alcohol, cigarettes, dip, whip its or eating Styrofoam for all I care. It is their lives, not yours or mine.

Just a precursor to Big Brother food, water, and electricity rationing. It's all about the control. But hey i know, that's all just paranoid 'Tinfoil Hat' nonsense. ;)

See, deep down you know it's paranoid nonsense.

I'm confident it will be a reality at some point. Controlling what people eat, drink, and how much electricity they consume, is the ultimate control. One day the People will have to beg Big Brother to give em a little food and electricity. Big Brother will have everyone on lock-down if we continue on this path. Bet on that.
When does an issue of the health or safety of the country out weight an individual freedom? On one end of the spectrum, the answer is never. On the other end of the spectrum it's always. I say it really depends on the issue. The argument that one should be fee to choose trans fats seems a bit weak because it's almost impossible to tell how much trans fats there are in a meal.

My concern is what will the food processing industry come up with to replace trans fats. In the mid twenty century, replacement of animal fats with vegetable oils in cooking was praised as a step forward because it reduced saturated fats. By the end of century, we learned that trans fats due to hydrogenation of vegetable oils was worst than the saturated fats.
No, your arguments ignore the fact that you can EASILY make policy to tell exactly how much trans fats are in your meal without any banning at all. The arguments against banning only seem weak to you because you ignore the actual solution that serves BOTH ends - those that believe we should have the freedom to live as we choose and those that want government oversight in our diets.

you do understand that not to long ago trans fats were added to a lot of foods for taste and preserving....before the 90's not much was known about how they affect your health....if they occur naturally thats one thing,but when they were added to so many different things that is another thing,lots of foods had them.....
And your point is?

Yes you do since you are quoting me and what you stated has NOTHING to do with anything I have said thus far.
Perhaps you should stick with Dean – you do not seem to understand anything above that bar.
LOl, you all should be so pleased you voted in these tryants who can wave a magic wand and BAN things in your life. Maybe we can get a petition going to BAN ABORTIONS.
Here is the difference between Democratic administrations that ban things and Republican administrations that ban things:
When Democratic administrations ban things, there is usually a logical, rational reason for the ban. Trans fat kills people.
When Republican administrations ban things, there is usually not any logical or rational reason for the ban other than "if I don't like it, you can't have it."
Bullshit.
The left likes to use the SAME argument that the right does all the time – it is not good for you and we know what is best. You can take that bullshit and get lost with it. The government does not need to be the purveyor of what I do. It is asinine.

I put out a query to show what the positive effects of transfats are -- why anyone would actively seek them-- quite a ways back. No one seems to want to touch that question.

Wonder why.
Because it is an idiotic question and you have already been told why. Why is irrelevant to anything - it is a matter of weather or not the government should be making the decision for you or not. Clear warning labels and clear content labels solve the problem of 'hiding' those evil fats. The rest is up to the consumer who can kill themselves off with excessive alcohol, cigarettes, dip, whip its or eating Styrofoam for all I care. It is their lives, not yours or mine.
who is making them put those labels on?....the govt or they themselves?....because it has already been stated a few times that the govt should not be saying anything to anyone about this,its not their place to make that decision for them.....

I sure miss my asbestos...damn govt. done went and told people it was bad for them's health...Bah-bolder-dash-poppy cock....tell me what's good and not good for me...Humph.....shuffle, shuffle, (kicks rocks)...

And your point is?

Bullshit.

Wonder why.
who is making them put those labels on?....the govt or they themselves?....because it has already been stated a few times that the govt should not be saying anything to anyone about this,its not their place to make that decision for them.....
Where has that been stated. One link?

I will directly state that I do not believe that at all and have stated over and over again that there should be label and warning requirements.

I don't think we need a ban. Let those DIMWITS eat that crap. Those with one brain cell working don't put that garbage in their body. Many adults will never figure this out. Trans fats offer nothing, not even taste.

It tells you where we are at when there are those that refute the fact that trans fats are anti nutrition and harmful. Losers.

In comes the alphabet soup of regulatory agencies. The largest shift of governmental power ever conceived moving vast amounts of legislative power to the executive branch.

no one is saying a set percentage,they are saying Trans Fats are a MAJOR contributor to heart disease...... so if i show you 5 studies on this from very reputable institutions saying trans fats are not good for you and are a major contributor to heart disease ....you will say its bogus?...
Moving those goal posts again?
I can tell you that eating bacon every day is going to contribute to heart disease. But I am not for banning bacon on that basis. And most people can eat bacon on an occasional basis and be just fine. Ditto with trans fat.
how the fuck is that moving the goalposts?....you mean if someone shows something that is contradictory to what you say,then the posts must have been moved...you aint to bright rabbi.....you were pretty ignorant in the pot threads too....same thing....any science shown doesnt matter because you have been told different....and of course its all bogus....
You dont see that you moved the goalposts on that one? You went from "any consumption of transfats will harm you" to "eating transfats is bad for you." Those arent the same statement, dumbshit. SUrely you see that, right?
you want to show me were i said .....any consumption of transfats will harm you.....dumbshit....ill wait....
Any amount can harm you and there are plenty of studies that show how even small amounts are harmful. That is because the affect is cumulative. The amount accumulated may or may not created a health problem.
I can tell you that eating bacon every day is going to contribute to heart disease. But I am not for banning bacon on that basis. And most people can eat bacon on an occasional basis and be just fine. Ditto with trans fat.
how the fuck is that moving the goalposts?....you mean if someone shows something that is contradictory to what you say,then the posts must have been moved...you aint to bright rabbi.....you were pretty ignorant in the pot threads too....same thing....any science shown doesnt matter because you have been told different....and of course its all bogus....
You dont see that you moved the goalposts on that one? You went from "any consumption of transfats will harm you" to "eating transfats is bad for you." Those arent the same statement, dumbshit. SUrely you see that, right?
you want to show me were i said .....any consumption of transfats will harm you.....dumbshit....ill wait....
It was Statisheilhitler who posted that banning trans fats would save 7,000 lives a year I called it a bogus statistic. You disagreed with me.
It was Flopper who maintained that the tiniest bit of trans fats were harmful. Again, you didnt disagree with him.
You seem unclear on the concept of quantity as a determinative factor. I cant help that
You seem unclear on the concept of accumulation as a determining factor.
hey camp....where did i say this?.....i think you got the wrong guy for that....
Any amount can harm you and there are plenty of studies that show how even small amounts are harmful. That is because the affect is cumulative. The amount accumulated may or may not created a health problem.

It was Statisheilhitler who posted that banning trans fats would save 7,000 lives a year I called it a bogus statistic. You disagreed with me.
It was Flopper who maintained that the tiniest bit of trans fats were harmful. Again, you didnt disagree with him.
You seem unclear on the concept of quantity as a determinative factor. I cant help that
hey camp....where did i say this?.....i think you got the wrong guy for that....
I apologize. Think I must have been confused. Sorry.

Two dumbshits in a pod.

Sheer ignorance! You don't see people dropping dead from smoking cigarettes, yet we know that approx 6 million worldwide die from smoking each year. You're a complete idiot. The number one cause of death in this country is heart disease. There are plenty of credible reports showing how dangerous trans fat is. Go read something for cripes sake.

Scientists Unlock How Trans Fats Harm Your Arteries

Trans fat Avoid this cholesterol double whammy - Mayo Clinic
Yet smoking is NOT banned. Another one torpedoing their own position.

You don't know what my position is on smoking, so I've torpedoed nothing.

One thing that is different in banning things like alcohol and tobacco, is the black market. Do you remember hearing about the prohibition years?

Do you think people will be trying to make trans fat in their bathtubs if it's removed from food? Of course not.

You might also take into consideration, health care cost and the overall health of the country. With the leading cause of death in this country being heart disease, I'm happy to hear that the FDA is finally doing their damn job.

This is not about the Gubmint, trying to take away your freedumb.

Who do you want having a longer shelf life, you or the food?

Obesity Is Hurting the U.S. Economy in Surprising Ways - Bloomberg Business
Yes, it actually is.

If you gave a damn you would support proper labeling and warnings like are on a thousand other things. You don't though because outright control is what you favor - the government deciding what you can and cannot do with your body.

I tire of these 'free choice' people that never support free choices.

No one is going to touch your cupcake sprinkles, or even your cupcakes, the FDA is just removing the arsenic. You won't miss it. Don't get excited.

Keep-Calm-and-Eat-Chocolate.jpg

:thup:

Forum List

Back