🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Food Stamps: Just say no to sugary soda

Bottled water and ready to serve baby formula would probably be additions on my list.

Definitely the formula...although that should be covered under WIC which is a second program.

I waffled on the bottled water, since it is so exorbitantly overpriced. However if generic gallons are covered, then I'm okay with it. Some people might not have access to drinkable water. But, I don't think that the improverished need to be drinking Aquafina or Perrier.

"Let them eat cake!"

In my opinion, ONLY if they buy a box mix add the ingredients and bake it them selves. Other cakes can be purchased with their own money.

Definitely the formula...although that should be covered under WIC which is a second program.

I waffled on the bottled water, since it is so exorbitantly overpriced. However if generic gallons are covered, then I'm okay with it. Some people might not have access to drinkable water. But, I don't think that the improverished need to be drinking Aquafina or Perrier.

"Let them eat cake!"

In my opinion, ONLY if they buy a box mix add the ingredients and bake it them selves. Other cakes can be purchased with their own money.
Why a box mix? It is cheaper and healthier to make it from scratch.

a family with children, making up to $46k a year, I believe I've read, can qualify for food stamps, while a married couple of 2, without children, can only qualify for food stamp help, if they make less than a combined income of $14k a year unless you are a senior citizen.

I believe this tells you that foodstamps are meant to feed the CHILDREN and SENIORS, not necessarily all of the "poor".

What does what they "are meant" to do have to do with anything?
Fact is 40% of the food "sold" by grocers under this card are resold or traded.
Better than the 50% when the stamp were sold on the open market and then cashedin by retailers who could care less.
The food card program has very little to dowth feeding the poor. The grocery chain lobby wrote the damn bill.

Yes it is, i am not arguing that fact.

OK...per ravi. Box cake mix is now off the list along with soda.
No, no...this is per you. I have no desire to tell people what to eat or drink.

a family with children, making up to $46k a year, I believe I've read, can qualify for food stamps, while a married couple of 2, without children, can only qualify for food stamp help, if they make less than a combined income of $14k a year unless you are a senior citizen.

I believe this tells you that foodstamps are meant to feed the CHILDREN and SENIORS, not necessarily all of the "poor".

What does what they "are meant" to do have to do with anything?
Fact is 40% of the food "sold" by grocers under this card are resold or traded.Better than the 50% when the stamp were sold on the open market and then cashedin by retailers who could care less.
The food card program has very little to dowth feeding the poor. The grocery chain lobby wrote the damn bill.

Link please

Yes it is, i am not arguing that fact.

OK...per ravi. Box cake mix is now off the list along with soda.
No, no...this is per you. I have no desire to tell people what to eat or drink.

Thats JUST IT ravi. I am not trying to tell people on food stamps what they can and cant eat or drink...AT ALL.

If what they WANT is not covered by the food stamp program they are more then welcome to purchase what ever they want in cash.

That is a HUGE difference then telling people what the can and cant eat or drink.

So we do away with food stamps and have all the people who qualify come in once a week and pick up the equivalence in food from a local food bank.

Bingo no sodas.....

What would be the difference?

on the plus side for 'them', they don't have to be pressured by children or their own wants, by seeing what they aren't 'supposed to have.' Negative side, no planning and no control over what they have.

Good for those folks that watch what 'they' buy with their cards or stamps, they can find another way to raise their blood pressure or just feel superior.

So we do away with food stamps and have all the people who qualify come in once a week and pick up the equivalence in food from a local food bank.

Bingo no sodas.....

What would be the difference?

I'd be fine with that if the program was changed to that.

But you aren't going to just fucking hand me a check, part of which I've been paying for my whole working life, and then tell me what food I can buy with it.

The whole food stamp thing was started to benefit Big Food anyway.

I'm not going to sit and watch Big Food get their balls scratched by the government while I'm told I can't even have a fucking soda.

Fuck THAT.

pajesus though....

we had soda pop avail when i was a kid and nobody was all upset about it, trying to tell us we can or can't drink it....

the only one telling my sis and me that, was my mom.....mom decided when she was gonna let us girls have a soft drink....and maybe once a month, she allowed us to have one....

the whole thing is bullcrapola babysitting by our gvt....imo.

Forum List

Back