🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Food Stamps: Just say no to sugary soda

And I don't think anyone here has directly paid into any food stamp type of program ran by the government.
So this I paid all my life stuff is crap.

Show me a deduction on your pay stub that says food stamps.

Paulie, Paulie, Paulie..... You may have all the sodas you like. No one is denying you that.

Yeah, unless I'm on food stamps.

Don't fucking patronize me and play a stupid little game.

I'm going to say it again...

If I've paid taxes all my life, and I end up in an unfortunate position where I now need food stamp benefits because I lost a job, then you will dictate my grocery list over my fucking dead body.

It's amazing to me how the elitism shifts sides in this particular debate.

Paulie, Paulie, Paulie..... You may have all the sodas you like. No one is denying you that.

If I've paid taxes all my life, and I end up in an unfortunate position where I now need food stamp benefits because I lost a job, then you will dictate my grocery list over my fucking dead body.

I think SS only pays $200 for your death.

Cheaper for you to die.

And I don't think anyone here has directly paid into any food stamp type of program ran by the government.

This is the dumbest thing you've ever said.

Tax revenue is spread out accordingly by the government. It doesn't get itemized on your pay stub dummy.

Tax revenue is spread out accordingly by the government. It doesn't get itemized on your pay stub dummy.

those deductions on my check are the only things I can whine about having paid into and being owed a damn thing for.
Medicare and SS.

The rest of govt spending is at the current whim of the current government.
Food stamps is not an entitlement it is charity from the govt aka the rest of the taxpayers.
Or bondholders.

food stamps could end tomorrow and not one single person would technically be shorted on something they paid for.

Last edited:

those deductions on my check are the only things I can whine about having paid into and being owed a damn thing for.
Medicare and SS.

Food stamps is not an entitlement it is charity from the govt aka the rest of the taxpayers.
Or bondholders.

Your point is noted, however if they're taking it from me then I'm getting my money's worth out of it should I ever end up needing it.

The government has taken TRILLIONS from us for things that have helped NO ONE.

At the very least, people who can not afford food deserve to eat nicely when it comes time to get something back from the taxes they've paid into.

I don't agree with the taxes spent on Iraq, and I didn't get a damn thing out of that.

Feeding hungry people is the LEAST of my tax concerns in this country.

Medicare and SS.

Or bondholders.

Your point is noted, however if they're taking it from me then I'm getting my money's worth out of it should I ever end up needing it.

Umm you best bet is to work to ensure you never need it.
You are screwed if you do need food stamps. They do not give them to people that live comfortably.

Medicare and SS.

Or bondholders.

Umm you best bet is to work to ensure you never need it.
You are screwed if you do need food stamps. They do not give them to people that live comfortably.

Tell that to the tens of millions who have lost their jobs.

I don't think a financial situation where I would need food stamps is "comfortable".

The food stamp program is a voluntary program. If you don't like what is offered, you don't have to enroll in the program.

At the very least, people who can not afford food deserve to eat nicely when it comes time to get something back from the taxes they've paid into.

I don't agree with the taxes spent on Iraq, and I didn't get a damn thing out of that.

I disagree with nothing you said.
However I again say how that tax money is spent is up to lobbyists and congress.
And we are not really entitled to any of it unless some law says we are and even then laws can be changed at any time.

You sound rather entitled, Paulie.

So we do away with food stamps and have all the people who qualify come in once a week and pick up the equivalence in food from a local food bank.

Bingo no sodas.....

What would be the difference?

I'd be fine with that if the program was changed to that.

But you aren't going to just fucking hand me a check, part of which I've been paying for my whole working life, and then tell me what food I can buy with it.

The whole food stamp thing was started to benefit Big Food anyway.

I'm not going to sit and watch Big Food get their balls scratched by the government while I'm told I can't even have a fucking soda.

Fuck THAT.

They already tell you want you can and can't buy with it fool. They are just adding something to the list. The food stamp program was started to keep your ass from starving. Sounds like you need to start a soda withdrawal program.

The food stamp program is a voluntary program. If you don't like what is offered, you don't have to enroll in the program.

Paulie at the local soup kitchen:

"You WILL serve me lobster bisque! And I EXPECT to receive TWO slices of baguette with it!"

However I again say how that tax money is spent is up to lobbyists and congress.
And we are not really entitled to any of it unless some law says we are and even then laws can be changed at any time.

But it's not.

It's up to the people. But the people don't care. They'd rather bitch about it on the internet.

So government does what it wants.

It doesn't have to be like that though. Apparently you've already folded.

Yet, you still vote. That's interesting.

So we do away with food stamps and have all the people who qualify come in once a week and pick up the equivalence in food from a local food bank.

Bingo no sodas.....

What would be the difference?

I'd be fine with that if the program was changed to that.

But you aren't going to just fucking hand me a check, part of which I've been paying for my whole working life, and then tell me what food I can buy with it.

The whole food stamp thing was started to benefit Big Food anyway.

I'm not going to sit and watch Big Food get their balls scratched by the government while I'm told I can't even have a fucking soda.

Fuck THAT.

They already tell you want you can and can't buy with it fool. They are just adding something to the list. The food stamp program was started to keep your ass from starving. Sounds like you need to start a soda withdrawal program.

The only thing NJ doesn't allow you to buy is pre-cooked foods at the deli section of the grocery store.

Everything else is fair game.

But it's not.

It's up to the people. But the people don't care. They'd rather bitch about it on the internet.

It doesn't appear to be "just people on the internet" who are bitching. What do you think NYC is trying to do? NYC is trying to disallow soda from the food stamp program.

But it's not.

Many of us are working too. I'm waiting to workday's end here so I can go home, eat and go to my other job. We care, just wondering when your going to get off your ass and be productive and responsible.

Forum List

Back