"""Food Stamps"""

Our society is civilized and doesn't want hungry, unfortunate people roaming the streets.

So we fatten them up with processed boxed foods that lead to obesity?

There aren't too many choices out there for poor people. I grew up on food stamps. My favorite cereal was Quisp, but as an adult, I can count on one hand how many times I have eaten dry cereal, and I only weigh 150 lbs.

The determinations of what to eat are usually made in adolescence.

Really welfare receipients should get a monthly crate of basic essentials. Which they need to stretch and manage appropriately.

On welfare Wednesday's we see countless full shopping carts of crap.

They should? Or they can walk down to the store and buy what they want.

When you are accepting someone else's money you give up your choice.

If I buy you a car I buy whatever I buy and you can take it or refuse. Same difference with food stamps/welfare receipients.

That's what a lot of food stamp leeches don't get. They want more of a choice of what to buy with money they didn't earn than those of us forced to fund it get when it comes to whether or not we want to fund it. Totally backwards.

The cash registers in Nassau County reject UPCs for items that are not compliant with the Food Stamp program.

No need to reject. Make them stand in line at a government building to get their crate of food. Just like the communists did.... Let these people feel the public shame for being on welfare/food stamps. Shame them enough then maybe they will get off the welfare.

Please....make poor people feel shamed... being poor is already shaming enough.

Not shameful enough since we have had an increase thanks to President Food Stamp.

The shame level needs upped a few notches so they will change their lives.

It used to be that someone using food stamps did so discreetly.

When you are accepting someone else's money you give up your choice.

If I buy you a car I buy whatever I buy and you can take it or refuse. Same difference with food stamps/welfare receipients.

Have you ever heard of the expression, "Fall through the cracks"?

If just a couple of hundred people living well below the poverty line die from starvation, our government and we were absolutely negligent.

Also, don't give me that tired line that people in America don't die from starvation. It happens almost every day.

Plenty of churches who give our meals, food, and supplies to the poor.

From the standpoint of history, Americans blocking that way will have to be seen as heartless and merciless fiends, who did not give a damn about the poor living right next door to them. It is simply penny-pinching pricks wanting to have it ALL their way.

Hey some people think this is just fine. Let's ask Bernie...

a0YTUZ4.jpg

Just like we hide our eyes to animals being slaughtered for our dinner table, we shut our eyes to people starving in the street daily.

When it comes to meat on the table, I eat a lot of venison. I hunt it, kill it, and process it myself. Doesn't bother me.

You don't shut your eyes to those hungry in the streets. You turn them toward someone else that you think should be forced to do it. What you shut in your own wallet doing what you say should be done.

The cash registers in Nassau County reject UPCs for items that are not compliant with the Food Stamp program.

No need to reject. Make them stand in line at a government building to get their crate of food. Just like the communists did.... Let these people feel the public shame for being on welfare/food stamps. Shame them enough then maybe they will get off the welfare.

Not shameful enough since we have had an increase thanks to President Food Stamp.

Actually with the unemployment rate going down, less people will soon be on food stamps as there is a work or volunteer requirement of 20 hours per week.

BTW, the state waiver for people to be allowed to be on food stamps without having to work started in the '90s at some point. I think it was either under Clinton or Bush.
After all, why does someone making $9.00/hour at Roosevelt Field Mall serving pizza need a Food Assistance Program?
On this issue, Conservatives make me sick.

What should make you sick is that the person capable of only making that much, getting paid more than the skills to do that job are worth, thinks someone owes them something.

From the standpoint of history, Americans blocking that way will have to be seen as heartless and merciless fiends, who did not give a damn about the poor living right next door to them. It is simply penny-pinching pricks wanting to have it ALL their way.

Hey some people think this is just fine. Let's ask Bernie...

a0YTUZ4.jpg

Just like we hide our eyes to animals being slaughtered for our dinner table, we shut our eyes to people starving in the street daily.
But it's a Christian nation...

Supposedly, but some might say it is a Jewish nation.
If it were, nobody would be starving.

What's stopping all the Jews from voluntarily doing that?

Can't tell if serious.

I'm serious.
Judaism is a system of BEHAVIOR, not faith.
We are COMMANDED to feed the poor.

I'm Jewish and went to Sunday school, and I know you are mistaken.
Prove it. I have been studying Torah in Hebrew for 35 years.
YOU are mistaken.
Unless the Jews amongst who you love are a-holes.

What exactly does it have to do with food stamps? :lol:
Our Economic Policies have caused our economy to have an ever growing segment of poor people.
There are not enough wealthy people to sustain Food Banks.
I know because we have several Food Banks in my area and they can't keep up.
Jews are not allowed to sustain an environment where people are starving.

Since you say people are starving, what aren't Jews voluntarily doing more?

What do our economic policies have to do with someone quitting high school and being unable to make enough to offset a choice he/she made?

Actually with the unemployment rate going down, less people will soon be on food stamps as there is a work or volunteer requirement of 20 hours per week.

BTW, the state waiver for people to be allowed to be on food stamps without having to work started in the '90s at some point. I think it was either under Clinton or Bush.
After all, why does someone making $9.00/hour at Roosevelt Field Mall serving pizza need a Food Assistance Program?

What should make you sick is that the person capable of only making that much, getting paid more than the skills to do that job are worth, thinks someone owes them something.
Sorry guy. I was making great money on Wall Street producing systems that made Investment firms untold millions until Gates declared all non-Indians to be incompetent boobs.
After the 2008 crash, at least 1,000,000 H1-Bs did NOT go back to India but replaced low wage Americans.
And just how are these people supposed to survive?
They don't have the financial backing to flip houses.
Is there abuse? Absolutely.

I'm serious.
Judaism is a system of BEHAVIOR, not faith.
We are COMMANDED to feed the poor.

YOU are mistaken.

Our Economic Policies have caused our economy to have an ever growing segment of poor people.

What do our economic policies have to do with someone quitting high school and being unable to make enough to offset a choice he/she made?
We have Food Banks, we have Internet Groups for buying or giving clothes, furniture, etc. We have funds for paying people's bills.
There are TOO MANY people under and unemployed.

Sorry guy. I was making great money on Wall Street producing systems that made Investment firms untold millions until Gates declared all non-Indians to be incompetent boobs.
After the 2008 crash, at least 1,000,000 H1-Bs did NOT go back to India but replaced low wage Americans.
And just how are these people supposed to survive?
They don't have the financial backing to flip houses.
Is there abuse? Absolutely.

Maybe they can find some Jews that claim they won't let people go without because they're commanded to not do so or some bleeding heart Liberal that claims to have compassion for them.

YOU are mistaken.

We have Food Banks, we have Internet Groups for buying or giving clothes, furniture, etc. We have funds for paying people's bills.
There are TOO MANY people under and unemployed.

According to the Democrats, we have a 4.9% unemployment rate. When that existed under the previous President Democrats chastise, there were 15 MILLION less food stamp recipients.

"Streisand has made a number of large grants to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, including giving at least $13 million between 2008 and 2010. Cedars-Sinai is the site of Barbra Streisand Women's Heart Center. Her interest in this area, by the way, was activated in part when she found out that there were grave gender disparities in heart disease research, funding and treatment. Apart from Cedars, recent money has gone to Planned Parenthood Federation of America, and Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation. It's also worth noting that Streisand has used her celebrity to raise a lot of money for women's health, too, reportedly bringing in as much money to Cedars-Sinai by fundraising as she personally gave. In other words, here's an unusual star who excels at both sides of the philanthropy game: writing checks herself and getting others to write them."

A Star Who Actually Gives: Three Things to Know About Barbra Streisand's Philanthropy - Inside Philanthropy - Inside Philanthropy

She is the devil
When it comes to certain things she IS the devil.
If you are referring to your dominatrix skye I agree

"Streisand has made a number of large grants to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, including giving at least $13 million between 2008 and 2010. Cedars-Sinai is the site of Barbra Streisand Women's Heart Center. Her interest in this area, by the way, was activated in part when she found out that there were grave gender disparities in heart disease research, funding and treatment. Apart from Cedars, recent money has gone to Planned Parenthood Federation of America, and Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation. It's also worth noting that Streisand has used her celebrity to raise a lot of money for women's health, too, reportedly bringing in as much money to Cedars-Sinai by fundraising as she personally gave. In other words, here's an unusual star who excels at both sides of the philanthropy game: writing checks herself and getting others to write them."

A Star Who Actually Gives: Three Things to Know About Barbra Streisand's Philanthropy - Inside Philanthropy - Inside Philanthropy

She is the devil
Let's not forget the charitable Andrew Carnegie; I bet you think he was a saint.

She is the devil
Let's not forget the charitable Andrew Carnegie; I bet you think he was a saint.
No one person is perfect. I do not agree with Streisand's politics, however, she is entitled to support whom she wishes as you and I are.

Now run to skye and see is she approves of your posts.

Thats a starter job that was never intended for adults.

She is the devil
No one person is perfect. I do not agree with Streisand's politics, however, she is entitled to support whom she wishes as you and I are.

Did we hurt your vagina because we both disagreed with you?...boo hoo.

She is the devil

No you both sounds like a couple of morons. Both perhaps one IQ point above retarded.:uhoh3::itsok:

No you both sounds like a couple of morons. Both perhaps one IQ point above retarded.:uhoh3::itsok:
I see you're a Robber Baron lover.
You must LOVE the Rockefellors.
How about the charitable JP Morgan which tried to foreclosure on 2,000,000 homes it didn't hold the mortgages on?
Talk about being ignorant...you're the Gold Medal holder.

How about the charitable JP Morgan which tried to foreclosure on 2,000,000 homes it didn't hold the mortgages on?
Never said I supported robber baron

Oh I cannot be considered ignorant I have my doctorate from Yeshiva U. Members of the Tribe thought I was worthy, they liked me they said I was a nice goy.

Now run along to your dominatrix while I do some admin work on my charity, even us gentiles have a tradition of giving.

Oh I cannot be considered ignorant I have my doctorate from Yeshiva U. Members of the Tribe thought I was worthy, they liked me they said I was a nice goy.

Now run along to your dominatrix while I do some admin work on my charity, even us gentiles have a tradition of giving.
Ooh...A Doctorate makes you an expert on EVERYTHING.
I know the mechanisms of attaining a Doctorate; I'm not impressed.
I know over 100 frum MDs; most of them know what they do for a living.

Ooh...A Doctorate makes you an expert on EVERYTHING.
I know the mechanisms of attaining a Doctorate; I'm not impressed.
I know over 100 frum MDs; most of them know what they do for a living.
No not everything just jackass sycophants like you who are trying to score with someone who claims to be a woman on the internet.

Oh BTW did I tell you, I was on Wall Street as well made my 1st fortune before I was 21.

Forum List

Back