Football Stars Make 2,150 times More Than the Average Worker

I'm not trying to call anyone out here because I think those concerned about CEO pay have nothing but good intentions. However..

Peyton Manning - a guy who throws a leather football around for entertainment, 6 months out of the year - makes about $43 million annually. This is about 2,150 times more than the stadium worker earning $20,000/year, busting his ass up and down the stairs in the heat for minimum wage pay (and dealing with all the drunk idiots in between).

How come I’ve never heard the phrase, does “Peyton work 2,150 times harder than the hot dog guy”? Why are (some) people only upset when it is the CEO of a 900,000 employee company making that $15 million? If anything, I’d be much more ticked about the Peyton situation, given that he – again – only throws a football around for 6 months out of the year in front of a bunch of drunk people.

This thread is just an exploration into the idea of a potential double-standard here...
A hedge fund manager makes $37,000/hr.

What the hell does he do, that is worth that?

Well, Bill, someone or something is paying him that amount of money. i suggest you talk them...

Or they believe in small gov and don't think people should get rich on corporate welfare.

Just a little bit of contradiction there, homes.

The people who believe in small government are the people your ilk despise, you know, Tea Partiers, conservatives and, by and large, Republicans. The same people who believe that what you earn by your work is yours and you know better than the government how to spend it and what you want to get for it.

The people who bitch about so-called corporate welfare - like you and your ilk - have absolutely no qualm about collecting welfare of their own or freeloading on food stamps or cheating on taxes they never paid.

The number of people who get rich on government welfare is far greater than the number of people who get rich on so-called corporate welfare.

And, I'm sure [MENTION=36693]FJO[/MENTION] will post proof of this ...

I don't need to and I am not going to.

Those who - as you claim - are on "corporate welfare" are and were already rich.

Those on government welfare are more like Nancy Pelosi, Barak Obama and Harry Reed.

And all those who did not have a pot to piss in but became rich after being elected to public office.

Yes, you do need to provide proof that there is even one person in American who got rich off of collecting government welfare. What? Did they use their government pittance to win the lottery?

Also, if those collecting corporate welfare were already rich then why the fuck are they taking public funds?

People who bitch about what other people earn/make/deserve are always those who are too lazy, too uneducated and too untalented to earn/make/deserve the compensation earned/made/deserved by those they bitch about.

Or they believe in small gov and don't think people should get rich on corporate welfare.

Just a little bit of contradiction there, homes.

The people who believe in small government are the people your ilk despise, you know, Tea Partiers, conservatives and, by and large, Republicans. The same people who believe that what you earn by your work is yours and you know better than the government how to spend it and what you want to get for it.

The people who bitch about so-called corporate welfare - like you and your ilk - have absolutely no qualm about collecting welfare of their own or freeloading on food stamps or cheating on taxes they never paid.

The number of people who get rich on government welfare is far greater than the number of people who get rich on so-called corporate welfare.

The people who collect corporate welfare are the ones shipping jobs overseas and paying people so little they are on welfare. So those people are the cause of our welfare problem. Plus they are living quite a bit better.

Yes, you do need to provide proof that there is even one person in American who got rich off of collecting government welfare. What? Did they use their government pittance to win the lottery?

Also, if those collecting corporate welfare were already rich then why the fuck are they taking public funds?

The fact that politicians "serving" in Washington, DC get rich is in the public domain. Find your own link to disprove my contention.

It is human nature to get all you can get, regardless how rich you are. Just ask Warren Buffet, one of the phony idols of the phony Left. Or President Obama, the God of the phony Left.

What you are describing is the revolving door between lobbyists and government officials. Nearly half of government officials become lobbyists for corporations after leaving office. Here's a link that you'll like:
Half of Retiring Senators Become Lobbyists, Up 1,500% in 40 Years

So I repeat again (and again and again and again), Conservative Republican voters should have a problem with rich people buying our government out from under us, but you don't. You hate liberals and homos instead. That doesn't make any sense in reality.

What you are describing is the revolving door between lobbyists and government officials. Nearly half of government officials become lobbyists for corporations after leaving office. Here's a link that you'll like:

So I repeat again (and again and again and again), Conservative Republican voters should have a problem with rich people buying our government out from under us, but you don't. You hate liberals and homos instead. That doesn't make any sense in reality.

Crony capitalism is one of the greatest issues facing our system today.

This conversation is not about that, however.

Crony capitalism is one of the greatest issues facing our system today.

This conversation is not about that, however.

And once again you show the far left side which resides with in.

I'm not a "football guy," but it seems to me that this Peyton Manning character plays...I don't know...maybe 20 real games a year, during which he is on the field for 50 or so plays that last on average 6 or 7 seconds each. Let's be generous and call it ten seconds. That's a thousand plays at 10 seconds each.

So he is actually "working" less than three hours a year. Let's be VERY generous and say he is preparing for his work TWICE as long as he is actually doing it - 6 hours.

That's one hellacious hourly rate. Close to $5 million/hour.

I'm reminded of when they got Marlon Brando to play Superman's father in the original (Chris Reeve) Superman movie. He was on camera for a minute or two and got a million bucks.

I'm not a "football guy," but it seems to me that this Peyton Manning character plays...I don't know...maybe 20 real games a year, during which he is on the field for 50 or so plays that last on average 6 or 7 seconds each. Let's be generous and call it ten seconds. That's a thousand plays at 10 seconds each.

So he is actually "working" less than three hours a year. Let's be VERY generous and say he is preparing for his work TWICE as long as he is actually doing it - 6 hours.

That's one hellacious hourly rate. Close to $5 million/hour.

I'm reminded of when they got Marlon Brando to play Superman's father in the original (Chris Reeve) Superman movie. He was on camera for a minute or two and got a million bucks.

Indeed, you're not a football guy.

Manning works 12 months a year. Between physical training, study, practice, meetings and games, he stays quite busy. He's there for the two-a-days and three-a-days during training camp in the middle of summer. He's there early in the morning and late at night going over film and the playbook with the coaches. He gets the living shit beat out of him 20 times a year by 300+ pound linemen who have a very bad attitude. And he plays at an elite, Hall of Fame level after four significant surgeries on his neck.

He's paid what his employer perceives him to be worth.

Last edited:
Darn that players union!

Yep. How dare they want to be paid for their work not to mention being able to actually afford to eat.

And, never mind paying for treatment of their injuries.

And here comes the far left now to defend this with their inability to present any logic or reasoning other than DNC far left preprogrammed Obama drone comments.

Typical far left Obama Drone.

Darn that players union!

Yep. How dare they want to be paid for their work not to mention being able to actually afford to eat.

And here comes the far left now to defend this with their inability to present any logic or reasoning other than DNC far left preprogrammed Obama drone comments.

Please don't crash the thread Kosh with your partisan talk.

Folks are actually trying to get a long here (although a few are having trouble, I admit). Either play nice, or go back to your murky dungeon hole.

Last edited:

Please don't crash the thread Kosh with your partisan dribble.

Folks are actually trying to get a long here (although a few are having trouble, I admit). Either play nice, or go back to your murky dungeon hole.

You made the partisan dribble and got called on it once again.

Your far left partisan slip shows all over this and other threads.

Stop pretending to be something you are not, you are a far left Obama drone and have been exposed for it time and time again.

If you don't like being called out on it, then I suggest that you stop posting like a far left Obama drone.

Last edited:

Please show all the threads and posts you have made blasting Obama for his cronyism.

Stop pretending to be something you are not, you are a far left Obama drone and have been exposed for it time and time again.

If you don't like being called out on it, then I suggest that you stop posting like a far left Obama drone.

How does calling out Obama on crony deals make me a far left Obama drone? I am not following your logic, and I don't understand what you "called me out" on.

Please show all the threads and posts you have made blasting Obama for his cronyism.

How does calling out Obama on crony deals make me a far left Obama drone? I am not following your logic, and I don't understand what you "called me out" on.

Yes most far left posters won't acknowledge their programming, defend their messiah at all costs.

You have been called out for being a far left Obama drone, that is what you are. Just own up to it.

Forum List

Back