Zone1 For Christians who believe in Darwinian evolution, question

I have made a valid conclusion: In truth there is no such animal as a Christian who believes in evolution.......you might as well be an atheist, the results will be the same.

I have addressed the topic of this thread many times by firmly stating that its impossible to be both a Christian and support those who teach Creation as an evolutionary process.....according to the words of Christ Jesus.

I am not "arguing" with anyone........I simply present the actual content of the Holy Scriptures by Book, Chapter and Verse, I present the truth that no Christian can deny. Why can no one argue with the truth? The truth is irrefutable. The information that I present has no agenda, its simply the documneted words that read the same for for everyone. Among those words it is WRITTEN.......that a Christian is advised not to go beyond or reason beyound that which is WRITTEN (1 Cor. 4:6).

Peter stated that the words found in the Holy Scriptures are not for "private interpretation" as they have already been interpreted by the prophets to whom the information was revealed by the Holy Spirit of Truth. (2 Peter 1:19-21)

In other words if anyone is not taking their doctrine from the Holy Scriptures.....its impossible to become a member of the one true Christian church/kingdom identified within the passages of the Holy Scriptures.

No where in the Holy Scriptures is there documented support that God created through the theory of evolution. Everything mentioned as being created was created in a fully 100% functional example of that creation and then commanded to reproduce under the laws of physics that God created to regulate these creations.

Adam did not evolve from sea life, and the scriptures clearly state the God created woman from the DNA of man, as God removed one of Adam's ribs to form Eve (Genesis 2:21-25) from the dust of the ground. Man and Woman were created by using the existing elements that are common to this realm called reality....both were created 100% mature and ready to reproduce.

You're barking up the wrong tree. I agree that it makes no sense to believe in both the God of the bible and evolution. As I said in my previous reply to you, you should be directing your words to the the ones here who profess to be Christian yet believe in evolution. I'll help you out. You can talk to Meriweather , or ding , or surada (and there might be others but I can't think of any off the top of my head.) But thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I agree. We are creators, and that may be the best likeness we have with God. It is also why I have little to argue with what we call evolution. Our own creations are not stagnant, and I don't believe God's creation is either. God has never stopped creation, and that, I believe, includes creating us. We have this idea we are His 'end product' and I ponder whether that is the case.
Yes, we are "complete." We are all there is UNTIL the resurrection of the dead at HIS RETURN.

Those with the Spirit of Christ will achieve the next stage of "human evolution" if that's how you want to phrase it.

But God created life, KIND after KIND. A man from a man. Never a man from a fish.

Christians need to grow up and stop straddling the fence.

Christians need to grow up and stop straddling the fence.

So true that a lot of people want to be on both sides of the fence, a little from one side and a little from the other. This could be a good topic for a thread of its own, but it just doesn't work that way, and Jesus made that crystal clear.

Pick a side, people. My only regret was that it didn't happen years sooner. :) As Brooke Fraser put it one of her beautiful songs, "cause my life only began when I heard You call my name."

You're barking up the wrong tree. I agree that it makes no sense to believe in both the God of the bible and evolution. As I said in my previous reply to you, you should be directing your words to the the ones here who profess to be Christian yet believe in evolution. I'll help you out. You can talk to Meriweather , or ding , or surada (and there might be others but I can't think of any off the top of my head.) But thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Do you think the earth was created 5781 years ago?

That's the story for the Bronze Age people.

Remember God gave us a brain. We aren't supposed to waste the talents God gave us.

Your 'if' is more acceptable for a Christian.

That wasn't in reference to the 'universe' as I understand it from an atheist's POV. It was in reference to the earth.

Correct me if I'm wrong for understanding that part of genesis in a literal sense.

It just may have become necessary to ask you if you mean 'literally speaking' on nearly everything you say now!
Incorrect the account of Genesis explains how God created everything. In that account the order for matter and light is correctly sequenced. Pretty amazing that they knew that 6,000 years before science did.

To be Christian one only need to believe that God so loved man that He chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer death to reconcile justice with mercy. Believing or not believing in evolution is not a requirement.

No atheist is claiming a functional advantage. We are individuals with nothing in common on what we believe on religion.

Our only common belief is that we don't believe ..............

At least the word 'atheist' needs to be taken literally by Christians.
Atheism offers no functional advantage. If it did according to Darwin it would have replaced religion long ago.

What do you think Larsky ? Do you think atheism offers a functional advantage?

Did God just watch it all unfold for billions of years, and then when humans evolved, decide that they are so sinful that he must take human form to suffer and die for those sins?
I believe God put himself on trial because he's got a wicked sense of humor as we blame God daily for shit. So he just did what we were going to do anyway. God suffering death was God showing us how to make sacrifices. He never said a word. He just took it. We bitch about every little thing.

To be Christian one only need to believe that God so loved man that He chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer death to reconcile justice with mercy. Believing or not believing in evolution is not a requirement.

If you had read this thread, you'd see that I said in my view this isn't an issue that affects one salvation, necessarily. I said that at least 4 or 5 times.

I also said in my view it doesn't make sense to believe both.... but people can be wrong about certain things and still be saved. :dunno:. As long as they're not wrong about one of the central tenets of the faith, of course.

So the person you need to argue with is the guy who posted to me....Clyde 154. He's the one who believes a person can't be a Christian and believe in evolution.

Clyde 154 , meet ding. ding, meet Clyde.

There ya go. ;)

Once when I was around 12, lying in bed and pondering the universe, I asked G-d to give me a simple sign if He existed - and I actually specified what the sign should be. It happened within 5 seconds.

I believe.

Are you disappointed that your experience does nothing for anybody at all except you?

If you had read this thread, you'd see that I said in my view this isn't an issue that affects one salvation, necessarily. I said that at least 4 or 5 times.

I also said in my view it doesn't make sense to believe both.... but people can be wrong about certain things and still be saved. :dunno:. As long as they're not wrong about one of the central tenets of the faith, of course.

So the person you need to argue with is the guy who posted to me....Clyde 154. He's the one who believes a person can't be a Christian and believe in evolution.

Clyde 154 , meet ding. ding, meet Clyde.

There ya go. ;)
It was your statement "profess to be a Christian." As if there was some doubt in your mind. I never realized that not believing in evolution was a central tenet of Christianity.

Do you think the earth was created 5781 years ago?

That's the story for the Bronze Age people.

Remember God gave us a brain. We aren't supposed to waste the talents God gave us.
Sorry but if you remove all supernatural aspects from God, how can you believe God gave us anything?

Sorry but if you remove all supernatural aspects from God, how can you believe God gave us anything?

Do you think the earth is 5781 years old? Why not just answer the question rather than divert?

Do you think the earth is 5781 years old? Why not just answer the question rather than divert?
No.

Do reject all supernatural aspects of God. Why not just answer the question rather than divert?

No.

Do reject all supernatural aspects of God. Why not just answer the question rather than divert?

I think God made the laws of the universe and gave us a brain.

I think morality tales and teaching narratives are valuable..

I think God made the laws of the universe and gave us a brain.

I think morality tales and teaching narratives are valuable..
That didn't answer the question I asked. Why not just answer the question rather than divert?

Forum List

Back