Zone1 For Christians who believe in Darwinian evolution, question

Are you disappointed that your experience does nothing for anybody at all except you?
What a personal experience can do is to inspire and motivate others to seek their own experience with God. It also shows that God values His creation and that He is closer to us than we recognize.

I agree that it makes no sense to believe in both the God of the bible and evolution.
The original Hebrew tells us that their word for any time period that indicates a beginning and an end is translated as the word 'day' in English; even English has fifteen definitions that define 'day', one of which is a period of when something took place such as the day of the dinosaur.

Science uncovers truth, and God is truth. No once should turn their back on, or be afraid of, truth. It can be shown that the earth is older than six thousand years, and that life on earth has existed longer than six thousand years.

The Bible also teaches that God's ways are not our ways, His thoughts not our thoughts. This means what ever we might believe is closer to the truth of how God created life, neither position has the full reality; each side retains mystery.

Doubting that either side of the question holds a true believe in God/Truth may be placing oneself in a position of judgment. Whether the belief is that God 'poofed' things into existence in what we measure as a 24-hour period, or the belief that God carefully created each component of our world over eons requires great faith in our Creator, in the Almighty. Doubting the faith of another is not our province.

Atheism offers no functional advantage. If it did according to Darwin it would have replaced religion long ago.

What do you think Larsky ?
Who's Larsky? Was he/she an atheist that caused you to leave the topic of religion in desperation. Stop it!
Do you think atheism offers a functional advantage?
I don't see how not believing in your god could offer anything but freedom from superstitious beliefs or freedom to live life appreciating the natural world?

The original Hebrew tells us that their word for any time period that indicates a beginning and an end is translated as the word 'day' in English; even English has fifteen definitions that define 'day', one of which is a period of when something took place such as the day of the dinosaur.
What does the word 'day' mean in a bible that's written in English?

If it doesn't mean what it says then the bibles were translated incorrectly.

It's become necessary to ask every time the bibles are referred to, whether it's intended to be a literal translation or a rhetoric translation?

The answer to that question will depend on who is answering and so will be of no value.

Incorrect the account of Genesis explains how God created everything. In that account the order for matter and light is correctly sequenced. Pretty amazing that they knew that 6,000 years before science did.
I'm sorry but it was the earth that was being referred to.

1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
  2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
  3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
  4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
  5. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
  6. And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
And supposedly his spirit even moved upon the face of the waters, before there was light.

But once again, we must determine whether it was an incorrect translation 'and' whether it's rhetorical or literal?

Maybe it would be better to just not talk religious superstitious beliefs, along with physics? I'm o.k. with calling all of the bibles rhetorical evidence, which is not intended to be believed in a literal sense.

Last edited:
Humans are the only ones who KNOW and create.
No, you're simply wrong again. Proof:

See a dictionary for the explanation of the word 'know'. (knowing through observation)

Create:
cause (something) to happen as a result of one's actions.

As a bird creates it's nest for one example.

-------------------------------------

However, once again are you talking literally or rhetorically and are you translating correctly in the English language.

Appreciate the natural world in understanding that there is no clear dividing line between humans and other animals.

You're barking up the wrong tree. I agree that it makes no sense to believe in both the God of the bible and evolution. As I said in my previous reply to you, you should be directing your words to the the ones here who profess to be Christian yet believe in evolution. I'll help you out. You can talk to Meriweather , or ding , or surada (and there might be others but I can't think of any off the top of my head.) But thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I bark up no tree........I simply pointed out the entire 'absrudity' of suggesting that Creation and Evolution can be accepted as truth based upon the actual content of the Holy Scriptures. What I am suggesting via personal opinion? This thread is simply another attempt by the father of lies to corrupt the true message of Christ Jesus that is founded upon the moral principle that truth is the basis for Christian Doctrine.

I bark up no tree........I simply pointed out the entire 'absrudity' of suggesting that Creation and Evolution can be accepted as truth based upon the actual content of the Holy Scriptures. What I am suggesting via personal opinion? This thread is simply another attempt by the father of lies to corrupt the true message of Christ Jesus that is founded upon the moral principle that truth is the basis for Christian Doctrine.
(my bolding)
Are you saying that this thread is a creation of the imaginary Satan, as the father of lies?

2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
  4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
  5. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
  6. And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
And supposedly his spirit even moved upon the face of the waters, before there was light.

But once again, we must determine whether it was an incorrect translation 'and' whether it's rhetorical or literal?

Maybe it would be better to just not talk religious superstitious beliefs, along with physics? I'm o.k. with calling all of the bibles rhetorical evidence, which is not intended to be believed in a literal sense.
Its quite simple. God did not create the light.........God was the light (John 1:1-5), He simply spoke for the light to separate the darkness until the Sun and Moon were created on day 4. From Genesis 1 through Revaltion 22........God (and Jesus as God incarnate)members of the Godhead (Col.2:9, Phil. 2:6..etc.) are represented as Light and Life or righteouness.....truth, etc., With darkness being representative of unighteousness, evil, deciet, and lies.

"THIS IS THE MESSAGE WE HAVE HEARD OF HIM...........and declare unto you, THAT GOD IS LIGHT and in Him there is no darkness." John 1:1-5

Jesus was that light that God directed to illuminate His creation. There are some (42) passages of scripture that describe Jesus as the Light of the World, that through Him all things were created.

One example: "And Jesus spoke unto them, 'I am the light of the world, whoever follows Me will not walk in darkness but will have the light of life...." John 8:12

"For by Him (Jesus/God incarnate) all things were created, in heaven and on earth, VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE...........and He is before all things (existing before creation)........" -- Col. 1:16-17

Last edited:
What a personal experience can do is to inspire and motivate others to seek their own experience with God. It also shows that God values His creation and that He is closer to us than we recognize.

She could be lying or she could be delusional. There is no way for me or you to know what really happened.

She could be lying or she could be delusional. There is no way for me or you to know what really happened.
What if she is neither? Further, we don't need to know the specifics. It is simple testimony that one can have an experience of God. If you do not wish to have one, or even seek one, that is all up to you. She is testifying to her own experience; that is not frogmarching you into one of your own.

Must be hard for you to serve on a jury not knowing if any of the witnesses are lying or delusional.

I don't see how not believing in your god could offer anything but freedom from superstitious beliefs or freedom to live life appreciating the natural world?
My God? That's an odd way of saying it. But if what you say is true you wouldn't be here discussing God in the first place. Your belief in nothing offer you no functional advantage whatsoever. If it did atheism would be the norm and belief in God would be the exception.

The heavens refer to the stars. They did have stars back then, you know.

No, you're simply wrong again. Proof:

See a dictionary for the explanation of the word 'know'. (knowing through observation)

Create:
cause (something) to happen as a result of one's actions.

As a bird creates it's nest for one example.

-------------------------------------

However, once again are you talking literally or rhetorically and are you translating correctly in the English language.

Appreciate the natural world in understanding that there is no clear dividing line between humans and other animals.
Dude, if you don't want to believe it then don't. I couldn't care less. Go be happy.

Intelligence is the pinnacle of creation. The universe is an intelligence creating machine. Beings that know and create were predestined by the laws of nature. It's not a coincidence the universe popped into existence being hardwired to produce intelligence.

Forum List

Back