Zone1 For Christians who believe in Darwinian evolution, question

Have you ever seen the movie prometheus?
No. Maybe you could tell me if you believe in one God or many? If your God created the universe? If your God meddles in the affairs of men? If your God is indifferent to men or cares about men? Is your God is omnipotent or omnipresent, etc? Has your God always existed? Is he eternal? Things like that.

Last edited:
So they can still be christians while not believing scripture. That makes a lot of sense.
I think you mean to say not believing in your interpretation of scripture. My interpretation makes perfect sense.

FWIW... I wouldn't believe in God either if I believed your interpretation.

No. Maybe you could tell me if you believe in one God or many? If your God created the universe? If your God meddles in the affairs of men? If your God is indifferent to men or cares about men? Is your God is omnipotent or omnipresent, etc? Things like that.
In that movie, an alien came to an uninhabited earth, and spread his DNA on the planet. He and his kind are our ancestors.
I dont have a god. I dont have a particular supreme being. I am just open to many possibilities.

I guess you will just have to wait to find out. But it will most likely be the opposite of how you behave towards people who hold different beliefs.

I'm sure you believe you are tolerant of others, but I'm not seeing it.
It's probably fair to say that Christians won't see any display of tolerance in atheists.

But I have the luxury of
having you standing alone by yourself on account of your intolerance toward all of the other Christians' beliefs, including that of Meriweather now.

POOF!
You angry and frustrated man!

In that movie, an alien came to an uninhabited earth, and spread his DNA on the planet. He and his kind are our ancestors.
I dont have a god. I dont have a particular supreme being. I am just open to many possibilities.
So who or what created the universe?

Fair enough, you describe yourself as an agnostic and not an atheist.

It's probably fair to say that Christians won't see any display of tolerance in atheists.

But I have the luxury of
having you standing alone by yourself on account of your intolerance toward all of the other Christians' beliefs, including that of Meriweather now.

POOF!
You angry and frustrated man!
Not militant atheists. I won't tolerate that. Nor should I. They are worse than evangelicals.

The only one showing anger and frustration is you.

Fair enough, you describe yourself as an agnostic and not an atheist.
I bet TN is happy he has your blessing for holding his beliefs. :rolleyes:

I've only met two agnostics in my life. The vast majority of the ones that post here just have an aversion to being called atheists.

Not militant atheists. I won't tolerate that. Nor should I. They are worse than evangelicals.

The only one showing anger and frustration is you.
I'm not angry and frustrated. To the contrary I'm quite satisfied that your intolerance has turned everybody against you.

What's a 'militant' atheist?

Rhetorically speaking, I think you have crashed and burned. I would suggest you stand down for a while and come back with a different attitude later.

Yes. I think atheism is ignorant.
I get that you would think that.

And I hope you get that Ding thinks you are ignorant for your agnostic views. He wants you to commit to his beliefs because he can't tolerate anything else.

I get that you would think that.

And I hope you get that Ding thinks you are ignorant for your agnostic views. He wants you to commit to his beliefs because he can't tolerate anything else.
Do you, though? To completely ignore something because there hasnt been any proof of it yet? Isnt that how religion got so dominate in the first place?
Questions couldnt be answered, so "muh god" was the easiest thing to do. Its just "unsettled" science and theories for you.
I dont see much of a difference.
I accepted long ago that many questions will go unanswered. Thats how I am open minded about this subject.

I dont know
Seems like an important question to be worked through in the context of a Creator God. What was it you said earlier in response to my saying you were an atheist? That you did not doubt there is a supreme being or creator? Do you still feel that way?

I'm not angry and frustrated. To the contrary I'm quite satisfied that your intolerance has turned everybody against you.

What's a 'militant' atheist?

Rhetorically speaking, I think you have crashed and burned. I would suggest you stand down for a while and come back with a different attitude later.
You must be if you are accusing me of it.

You should probably stop trying to tell me how I feel. You don't have a clue.

Seems like an important question to be worked through in the context of a Creator God. What was it you said earlier in response to my saying you were an atheist? That you did not doubt there is a supreme being or creator? Do you still feel that way?
Yes, what makes you think my mind would change in an hour? lol

Yes, what makes you think my mind would change in an hour? lol
Because when I asked you about what or who you believed created the universe you didn't say the Supreme Being or the Creator. Seems like if you had no doubt there was a Supreme Being or Creator, that you would have said the Supreme Being or the Creator.

So if you didn't change your mind in one hour, why didn't you answer that you believe the Supreme Being or the Creator created the universe?

Forum List

Back