Zone1 For Christians who believe in Darwinian evolution, question

Not you personally, but you seem to be representing the Catholic faith as their spokesman.
Or, as it appears to be now, just a segment of the Catholic faith.
No, that was you trying to make it personal to me. Clearly you must need to do that. I'm wondering why.

Surada's belief system are worth your while to accept. Your Catholic church can't afford to be discriminatory to the lengths you're choosing to take it.

Most of his beliefs can be explained away by saying it's to be accepted literally or rhetorically.

Harley and others like him, afford you no such liberties.
I disagree. I don't believe she is being honest. I'm not the first person to question her motives. And Surada is a she or at least that what she claims.

That's news to me that a dictionary defines a being that knows and creates. If you want to use an an ant as your poster child for that be my guest. Sounds like a fringe argument to me though.

We know from our experiences that intelligence tends to create intelligence. We are obsessed with making smart things. Ants? Not so much. When an ant builds a technological society and ponders the origin of the universe let me know.
I'll say it again for you:

I said:
No, you're simply wrong again. Proof:

See a dictionary for the explanation of the word 'know'. (knowing through observation)

Create:
cause (something) to happen as a result of one's actions.

As a bird creates it's nest for one example.

I didn't accuse you of lying, but I will now if you can't be honest about your mistake.

You've introduced some new assertions here and I'll deal with them in due course, after we can dispense with your outstanding misrepresentations.

If you believe in evolution, you DONT believe in the creation story. So why even claim to be a Chrsitian?
Incorrect, bro. Here's what the 1st two chapters of Genesis tell us in an allegorical fashion:

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation

5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation; only man has knowledge of good and evil
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation.

I disagree. I don't believe she is being honest. I'm not the first person to question her motives. And Surada is a she or at least that what she claims.
I objected to Harley's methods but I'm not going to go any further and call him/her dishonest.

Is Harley a Christian? He/she could be on account of the differences in the beliefs of many Christians. For example, the resentment of the fact that the Catholic church now accepts Darwinian evolution.

Fundamentalists are a big part of Christianity and they will 'never' go there!

Or, Harley could be an atheist and in that case you need not be concerned with his opinion.

I'll say it again for you:

I said:

I didn't accuse you of lying, but I will now if you can't be honest about your mistake.

You've introduced some new assertions here and I'll deal with them in due course, after we can dispense with your outstanding misrepresentations.
Every living thing serves some purpose. Not every living thing is self aware or has knowledge of his surroundings. Man stands alone. If you want to see it differently, that's up to you.

I objected to Harley's methods but I'm not going to go any further and call him/her dishonest.

Is Harley a Christian? He/she could be on account of the differences in the beliefs of many Christians. For example, the resentment of the fact that the Catholic church now accepts Darwinian evolution.

Fundamentalists are a big part of Christianity and they will 'never' go there!

Or, Harley could be an atheist and in that case you need not be concerned with his opinion.
TN is an avowed atheist like you. Are you confusing TNharley with Surada?

Every living thing serves some purpose. Not every living thing is self aware or has knowledge of his surroundings. Man stands alone. If you want to see it differently, that's up to you.
I didn't say anything about 'every' living thing.

You're choosing to lie instead of admitting you were wrong.

We can move on if you like but your lie is going to be attached to your Christian resume.

If you have any other issues in mind for me to deal with, state them now.

I didn't say anything about 'every' living thing.

You're choosing to lie instead of admitting you were wrong.

We can move on if you like but your lie is going to be attached to your Christian resume.

If you have any other issues in mind for me to deal with, state them now.
I have no issues at all. Never did. I think you are the one with the issues. It's not my fault you are uncomfortable with the universe popping into existence being hardwired to produce life and intelligence. That's your problem.

Lol
I dont believe in the God you believe in. A supreme being or creator, I do not doubt.
That doesnt make me an atheist.
There's only one God. Men make a bigger deal out of who God is than God does. I don't think he cares. He just cares that we make a move towards him. He'll do the rest. At least that's how it worked for me.

I am not an atheist
Thank you!
You may want to expand on that claim?
You're far from alone if you don't believe in creation and evolution at the same time. I'm with you in not permitting Ding to say you have to accept both.

He knows himself that he can't force his interpretations on all Christians.

I have no issues at all. Never did. I think you are the one with the issues. It's not my fault you are uncomfortable with the universe popping into existence being hardwired to produce life and intelligence. That's your problem.

You must have all the answers.

Thank you!
You may want to expand on that claim?
You're far from alone if you don't believe in creation and evolution at the same time. I'm with you in not permitting Ding to say you have to accept both.

He knows himself that he can't force his interpretations on all Christians.
You don't have to accept anything. Stop misstating me.

Forum List

Back