For Israeli soldiers, some Palestinians are little more than props'

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012
For Israeli soldiers, some Palestinians are little more than props'

"How can an entire army battalion pass through a village without disrupting its inhabitants? How can soldiers train with live bullets while ensuring that no one will be injured? A former IDF soldier describes the ways in which soldiers are taught to make their presence known, always at the expense of the local Palestinian population."

By*Shay Davidovich.

"Just like every other year since I completed my IDF service, in the summer of 2011 I was called up for reserve duty.*For a few weeks every year, no matter whether my soldiers and I are needed for*training or to perform military operations, we answer the call of duty. No questions asked.In my compulsory service I served as a combat soldier in the Field Intelligence Corps. I was trained to observe and direct combat forces as well as to carry out the same security operations as all other combat soldiers. In August of 2011, I was summoned for a division-wide exercise in the Jordan Valley. This time around, our mission was to simulate the occupation of a southern Lebanese village.

?For Israeli soldiers, some Palestinians are little more than props? | +972 Magazine

I try to imagine living in a place where Occupation soldiers treat my home as a place to carry out training operations on, even using live bullets, as my family is living there.

I try to imagine this and I fail.

But I remember vividly the words spoken to me by a friend and co worker over 15 years ago now. She was speaking about a difficulty I was experiencing and she said, I look at you and I think, there but for the grace of God go I.

The unthinkable horrors that happen to others, they could as easily happen to any of us, or horrors equally as terrible.

And when we see horrible things happen to others, we choose, are we silent, or do we speak out about the human rights abuses we see unfolding.

The soldier who writes the article in the OP cannot be silent about the Injustice and human rights abuses he has witnessed as an Israeli soldier. And I read his words and I cannot be silent about that experience either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I served in the US Navy------I must thank sherri for a trip down the road of nostalgia---
There is nothing like the fantasies of the "DISGRUNTLED"----be they soldiers, sailors
or marines. I had to deal with examples from all groups

The goal of all these Zionist personal attacks is to divert attention from the thread topics and Israel's human rights abuses.

And my response is to steadfastly keep trying to bring these truths into the Light.

I am not the issue here and I refuse to get upset about things said about me.

T h e OP addresses the IDF practice of conducting training operations in Palestinian villages and placing the lives of Palestinians in danger in these operations.

This is a horrible practice that needs to end.

The goal of all these Zionist personal attacks is to divert attention from the thread topics and Israel's human rights abuses.

And my response is to steadfastly keep trying to bring these truths into the Light.

T h e OP addresses the IDF practice of conducting training operations in Palestinian villages and placing the lives of Palestinians in danger in these operations.

:bsflag:

Folks we at USMB enjoy the give and take that goes on in the forums, unfortunately this time around the giving was from Staff and the taking was on the part of those who violated the http://www.usmessageboard.com/annou...48-usmb-rules-and-guidelines.html#post6790048

Further, "Off-topic posts may be edited, trashed, deleted, or moved to an appropriate forum as per administrator & moderator discretion at any time within any forum and/or sub forum. Additionally, All violations will be subject to action by an Admin/Mod. Action taken could range from a warning, to Infraction, to banning and will be at Admin/Mod discretion."

Your cartoon would be a little more believable if you had some evidence to back it up.

Blow me.

Gravity----you used to be so appealing-----when you were a food critic.
how about we talk about...........TAGINE....... cinnamon is so important a spice.
I love cinnamon. I like allspice too. there seems to be a worldwide
shortage of NUTMEG :eusa_eh: I think nutmeg is a major spice in
COCA COLA ------but I am not sure I have read that nutmeg can act as
an HALLUCINOGEN -----swallow a few and you are OFF ------somewhere in
the SKY WITH DIAMONDS but----unfortunately -----you might be off to the
morgue

really weird----PEPPER-----the price of PEPPER has gone off the wall.

I googled "how to grow pepper"-------forget it------it takes YEARS
before a pepper vine ------gives up pepper corns------a problem worse
than avocados

GROW PEPPER AND AVOCADOS -----not bombs!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

YAWN ! :lol: :lol:

Let the Palestinians recognize the Right of Israel to exist.

Let them sit down at the " negotiating table". It's that simple.

People do? Too bad you don't feel that way regarding the Jews. If the Arabs had won the 67 War and killed every single Israeli, you wouldn't give a SHIT you Hypocrite :eusa_liar:
There you go, making shit up again.

I'm not making Shit up again; You are.

You made a claim about something that never happened, that is making up shit.

Why cant this Zionist deal with Reality and tell tthe truth?

And is it possible for you to address the OP?

How would you feel if Occupiers carried out a training operation on your home using live bullets while you were living in it?

That is the real life daily Palestinian experience in Occupied Palestine.

Forum List

Back