For left-wingers who want to end a right to bear arms...

Nobody wants to confiscate 350 million guns
We just want sensible gun legislation. Legislation supported by most Americans

Why would legitimate gun owners object to gun safety training and preventing the mentally ill, domestic violence perpetrators, severe depression or anger issues from having guns?

Why would legitimate black voters have objected to literacy tests and poll taxes back in the late 19th to early 20th centuries?
Why would legitimate drivers object to training, licensing and insurance

There is no right to drive on public roads.

Driving is a privilege granted by the state and that privilege can be revoked at any time for any reason
There is no absolute right to own your weapon of choice

Why would legitimate gun owners object to gun safety training and preventing the mentally ill, domestic violence perpetrators, severe depression or anger issues from having guns?

Why would legitimate black voters have objected to literacy tests and poll taxes back in the late 19th to early 20th centuries?

Driving is a privilege granted by the state and that privilege can be revoked at any time for any reason

We are speaking of a category of weapons here not ALL weapons

What does it matter what firearm I own as long as I obey all the laws regarding the use of that firearm?

We already have hundreds if not thousands of laws on the books that very specifically outline what the legal uses of firearms are. Maybe we should enforce those laws.

Tell me which of our federal gun laws are not common sense?

We have a very specific list of who can and cannot possess a firearm
We have very specific laws both federal and state that outline what the legal uses of firearms are

It doesn't matter what firearm a person owns as long as he follows the laws already on the books

You know those laws that we do not enforce

What does it matter what firearm I own as long as I obey all the laws regarding the use of that firearm?

We already have hundreds if not thousands of laws on the books that very specifically outline what the legal uses of firearms are. Maybe we should enforce those laws.
It matters in terms of what weapons we want to allow in the general population.

You can’t have a machine gun, RPG or Stinger missile

It matters in terms of what weapons we want to allow in the general population.

You can’t have a machine gun, RPG or Stinger missile

Actually I can own a machine gun as long as I follow all the legal requirements outlined in our gun laws.

We have very specific laws both federal and state that outline what the legal uses of firearms are

It doesn't matter what firearm a person owns as long as he follows the laws already on the books

OK

1. Background checks on ALL transactions are common sense
2. Not allowing 50 round magazines are common sense
3. Being able to trace each weapon and where it came from is common sense
4. Requiring safety training is common sense

OK

What does it matter what size magazine a person has?

All that matter is the person obeys the laws that regulate the legal use of firearms.

It doesn't matter what type of gun a person owns all that matters is if he uses it in a legal manner.

If we enforce the laws we have regarding who can legally possess a firearm we will be leaps and bounds better off

But we don't enforce those laws.

OK

All that matter is the person obeys the laws that regulate the legal use of firearms.

It doesn't matter what type of gun a person owns all that matters is if he uses it in a legal manner.

If we enforce the laws we have regarding who can legally possess a firearm we will be leaps and bounds better off

Kinda like how we don't enforce our immigration laws. If we actually enforced our laws they become less of a divisive issue and politicians can't have that.

OK

Why do we want to make life easier for mass killers and terrorists?
You don’t need a Stinger Missile and you don’t need a 50 round magazine

OK

Our rights are not based upon what we need. One can argue that you don't need to be able to speak your mind in the public square but our rights allow us to do so.

OK

Why do you want to curb rights of people who will never be a terrorist or a mass murderer?

You don't need a car that can go faster than the posted speed limit. Maybe we should put governors on all cars to make it harder for reckless drivers to kill people.

You don't need alcohol. Why make it easy for people to drive drunk?

OK

Why do you want to curb rights of people who will never be a terrorist or a mass murderer?

You don't need a car that can go faster than the posted speed limit. Maybe we should put governors on all cars to make it harder for reckless drivers to kill people.

For public safety

If you can’t go out and buy the weapon of destruction of your choice.....My thoughts and prayers are with you

OK

For public safety

If you can’t go out and buy the weapon of destruction of your choice.....My thoughts and prayers are with you

Lame.

It doesn't matter what weapon I own I will not become a mass murderer or a terrorist

I'll give you 10 to one odds that you will drive after drinking to the point of being over the legal limit before I will kill anyone with a gun

Forum List

Back