For The People!

Great....... only thing is Joey was forced to make that choice.
How does one "force" a grown man who just so happens to be president to do anything?

Pelosi has influence not power. I know there was a serious amount of pressure exerted on Joe Biden to drop out. But ultimately it was his choice to relent. If he wouldn't have, he would now be getting the Democratic nomination.

The fact of the matter is that all of you are salty. Not because some sudden concern for any type of Democratic process. But for the simple reason that your preferred candidate now has to run against a candidate who polls considerably better.

It's just another completely bad faith argument.

When his big donors threaten to withhold cash, suddenly, things start to happen.
That doesn't force a person out. It just makes it harder to win. A situation he already was in well before he lost his major donors.

Again he wasn't forced. He relented to pressure.

Again he wasn't forced. He relented to pressure.
LOL
How does one "force" a grown man who just so happens to be president to do anything?
I think they refer to it as an ultimatum.

A situation he already was in well before he lost his major donors.
Uh, they didn't start flipping out until after Biden got his ass handed to him in the debate......and like a snowball, it kept rolling and rolling, eventually forcing him to withdraw from running.

LOL

I think they refer to it as an ultimatum.

Uh, they didn't start flipping out until after Biden got his ass handed to him in the debate......and like a snowball, it kept rolling and rolling, eventually forcing him to withdraw from running.
Not FORCE. Him understanding that continue to run would be damaging to the party.

I'll put it in another context.

The reason traditional Republican leadership won't do something like this is because they realize 2 things.

Number 1 is self-evident. The parties base has been sucked into a cult of personality. Trump can poll as bad as he wants, a considerable part of the base will follow Trump of a cliff.

Number 2 is more subtle. Nobody, doubts that Trump not only won't put the party over himself, they know that if they'd try to get him to step aside. He will torch the entire party to the ground.

So they'll do whatever he says... period. Not because of some deep felt loyalty, but because they know that they don't have a choice. Take your lumps with Trump or lose all power.

Democrats haven't made that suicide pact, so Harris will run. And crying about it won't change a thing.

Not FORCE. Him understanding that continue to run would be damaging to the party.

I'll put it in another context.

The reason traditional Republican leadership won't do something like this is because they realize 2 things.

Number 1 is self-evident. The parties base has been sucked into a cult of personality. Trump can poll as bad as he wants, a considerable part of the base will follow Trump of a cliff.

Number 2 is more subtle. Nobody, doubts that Trump not only won't put the party over himself, they know that if they'd try to get him to step aside. He will torch the entire party to the ground.

So they'll do whatever he says... period. Not because of some deep felt loyalty, but because they know that they don't have a choice. Take your lumps with Trump or lose all power.

Democrats haven't made that suicide pact, so Harris will run. And crying about it won't change a thing.
He was forced out by the party..................nothing will change that.

Forum List

Back