Forced underage marriage in continue in Gaza

I'm talking about Hamas not just the entire Palestinians

It doesn't really matter - Hamas are Palestinians in custom and culture.

what is "Palestinian custom and culture"??? ----there were no "Palestinians"--
other than jews until about 1960

Wow...so the only people residing in the area termed Palestine were Jews until 1960? Amazing.

no----until 1948 the only people CALLED "PALESTINIANS" were jews----
that situation existed ---from approximately 300 AD until 1948 when the
"PALESTNIANS" became Israelis------about a decade later some arabs decided to
become "Palestinians" For your next sociological study-----try to find
material on 19th century "Palestinian wedding customs"-------while you are
at it------I would be interested in a 19th century "Palestinian cookbook"
and a PALESTINIAN JOKE BOOK

So what are you saying, that Hamas is just a bunch of disgruntled Jews?

So what are you saying, that Hamas is just a bunch of disgruntled Jews?

they engage in wishful thinking. They thought they could become
jews by simply calling themselves "Palestinians"-----it did not work--
EZRA would never agree

I don't think I want to know how you know this level of detail....

I don't think I want to know how you know this level of detail....

I could do well in the game TRIVIAL PURSUIT. Jews circumcise on the
eighth day. ----and the guy doing the job MUST be certified as expert.
Muslims circumcise when the kid is an adolescent. ------as it turns out---
the cut edge of the foreskin is a "wound"-----in an adolescent it heals
with lots more scarring than in the infant based on age and also on the ease
of performing the procedure on a tiny little easily held unapprehensive little
tyke-----as opposed to a frightened struggling teen. -------thus the ragged edges---
simple visual inspection----not my fave part of the physical exam but better than
digital exam of the ORIFIces or orificei or orifiae (??) well---ya know---
DA HOLES. A study done in SAUDI ARABIA (no less) reveals that ragged edge
circ-----is less protective againt HIV----than is even edges-----really---I am not kidding-----really. My kid is perfect----in at least one detail

Hey I bet you all missed me.
Hamas continue the mass marriage of 9 years old girls, any options? you can check out the full album here.
Mass Wedding Ceremony in Gaza City NurPhoto Agency

pictland

Some older stories..
snopes.com Hamas Mass Wedding for 450 Little Girls
Mass Hamas Wedding in Gaza With Girls 6-9 Years Old Palestine Israel Conflict

Good enough for their Prophet, good enough for them.

Btw, "happy" bride in the foreground looks poitively thrilled to be there...

It's a hoax. You didn't even read your own links?
One picture worth a thousand words, and in fact there's a whole album there,take a good look and judge for yourself.

Some of those pictures themselves were part of a hoax. Pictures of an innocent event deliberately misused to look like child marriages. You did not even read your link. If you want to make a case, find some reputable sources that indicate there is mass child marriages going on there. Seriously - for someone who get's all up in arms when disgusting anti-semitic hoaxes are propogated you sure are doing the same thing.

While I now see this was a hoax, the problem of adult-child marriage in Islam is very real.

"Attempt to stop child marriage in Saudi Arabia fails

...Muslim men will continue to marry girls under the age of 15 in Saudi Arabia.
...The push to raise the legal age of marriage to 15 was crushed after the Grand Mufti, Sheikh Abdulaziz Al al-Sheikh, the most senior religious authority in the country, ruled that Islam supports men marrying underage girls.

The Grand Mufti ruled that it’s acceptable for men to marry girls under the age of 15, despite strenuous efforts by human rights activists and the Saudi justice ministry to set 15 as a minimum age for brides in the kingdom.

Grand Mufti Abdulaziz declared there is nothing prohibiting Muslim men from marrying girls under the age of 15.
...For example, in 2011, Dr. Salih bin Fawzan, a prominent cleric and member of Saudi Arabia’s highest religious council, issued a fatwa asserting that there is no minimum age for marriage and that girls can be married “even if they are in the cradle.”

Most Muslim scholars in support of child marriage note that nowhere does Sharia (or Islamic law) set an age limit for marrying girls.
...For many Muslims, to condemn child marriage is to condemn Muhammad."
Attempt to stop child marriage in Saudi Arabia fails

One picture worth a thousand words, and in fact there's a whole album there,take a good look and judge for yourself.

Some of those pictures themselves were part of a hoax. Pictures of an innocent event deliberately misused to look like child marriages. You did not even read your link. If you want to make a case, find some reputable sources that indicate there is mass child marriages going on there. Seriously - for someone who get's all up in arms when disgusting anti-semitic hoaxes are propogated you sure are doing the same thing.

While I now see this was a hoax, the problem of adult-child marriage in Islam is very real.

...The push to raise the legal age of marriage to 15 was crushed after the Grand Mufti, Sheikh Abdulaziz Al al-Sheikh, the most senior religious authority in the country, ruled that Islam supports men marrying underage girls.

The Grand Mufti ruled that it’s acceptable for men to marry girls under the age of 15, despite strenuous efforts by human rights activists and the Saudi justice ministry to set 15 as a minimum age for brides in the kingdom.

Grand Mufti Abdulaziz declared there is nothing prohibiting Muslim men from marrying girls under the age of 15.
...For example, in 2011, Dr. Salih bin Fawzan, a prominent cleric and member of Saudi Arabia’s highest religious council, issued a fatwa asserting that there is no minimum age for marriage and that girls can be married “even if they are in the cradle.”

Most Muslim scholars in support of child marriage note that nowhere does Sharia (or Islamic law) set an age limit for marrying girls.

I agree, the problem of child marriages are a real problem but when you perpetrate hoaxes like this, who's primary purpose is to paint an entire group of people as pedophiles - you lose any credibility.

The problem of child marriages and forced marriages is complex. In Islamic countries where it persists, religion plays a role but isn't the only cause. Religion places obstacles in it's eradication there, but often poverty, and the low value of girls in those societies perpetuates it. Girls might be "sold" off to settle debts for example. Many Islamic countries have instituted minimum age laws - enforcement is difficult though, in some of those regions particularly as you move away from more educated areas.

When I see a hoax like this perpetrated, and a utter lack of desire to discover the truth then I have to wonder why? Because they hate Palestinians so much they want to believe it? There is plenty of legitimate criticism of Hamas without going going there.

I agree, the problem of child marriages are a real problem but when you perpetrate hoaxes like this, who's primary purpose is to paint an entire group of people as pedophiles - you lose any credibility.

The problem of child marriages and forced marriages is complex. In Islamic countries where it persists, religion plays a role but isn't the only cause. Religion places obstacles in it's eradication there, but often poverty, and the low value of girls in those societies perpetuates it. Girls might be "sold" off to settle debts for example. Many Islamic countries have instituted minimum age laws - enforcement is difficult though, in some of those regions particularly as you move away from more educated areas.

When I see a hoax like this perpetrated, and a utter lack of desire to discover the truth then I have to wonder why? Because they hate Palestinians so much they want to believe it? There is plenty of legitimate criticism of Hamas without going going there.

"Utter lack of desire to discover the truth"

Getting that same thing in Current Events atm. It is curious. I think, and I'm only this moment thinking about it so bear with me, that fear and hate are in a way comforting to people. And hanging on to that comfort will withstand any number of proofs and facts threatening it. People need to hate maybe. Or rather, need to hate others. Without that hate they'd be more introspective and self-hating. (Better formed thought in my head) :)

what makes you think that the PALESTINIANS (so called lately) are the big victims of hatred? talk to some Zoroastrians from Mumbai-----they have
their hatreds too-------they hate muslims----I doubt that they focus on
"Palestinians" My impression based on my experience with various groups---
that one of the most intense hatreds is------Iranian muslims for arab muslims
(a phenomenon I noticed long before I knew "sunni" vs "Shiite""-----SHEEESH--
such HATRED almost as intense as the hatred Pakistani and indian muslims have for HINDUS

Getting that same thing in Current Events atm. It is curious. I think, and I'm only this moment thinking about it so bear with me, that fear and hate are in a way comforting to people. And hanging on to that comfort will withstand any number of proofs and facts threatening it. People need to hate maybe. Or rather, need to hate others. Without that hate they'd be more introspective and self-hating. (Better formed thought in my head) :)

I think I understand what you are saying...and I think it's somewhat hardwired. Fear/hate is a protective mechanism. It's easier to react to it by being more inclusive, defining the "other" as the enemy and being ready to believe the worst. It's harder to do the opposite because it carries the most risk both to our beliefs and it requires more work to challange them.

I think I understand what you are saying...and I think it's somewhat hardwired. Fear/hate is a protective mechanism. It's easier to react to it by being more inclusive, defining the "other" as the enemy and being ready to believe the worst. It's harder to do the opposite because it carries the most risk both to our beliefs and it requires more work to challange them.

The majority of the Islamic hate comes from Christians. I think then that they need to have a bad guy to hate in Islam for the exact reason Christianity invented the Devil. They need an evil-opposite to oppose just like US politics needs political opposition in our two-party system. Without the opposite to oppose people start looking in the mirror. If people didn't hate Islam, they'd look more critically at their own religion, see its' flaws, and...I dunno what.

The majority of the Islamic hate comes from Christians. I think then that they need to have a bad guy to hate in Islam for the exact reason Christianity invented the Devil. They need an evil-opposite to oppose just like US politics needs political opposition in our two-party system. Without the opposite to oppose people start looking in the mirror. If people didn't hate Islam, they'd look more critically at their own religion, see its' flaws, and...I dunno what.

I don't know that I would blame a particular religion - hatred and intolerance seems to come from all religious quarters. Maybe it's a human need to be able to have a defined enemy? :dunno: Certainly - it's politically advantageous for politicians to be able to deflect from domestic and economic problems by nattering on about the huge threats coming from (insert group of choice) - whether it's the US rightwing focus on Muslims, or Middle East Muslims focused on the Western Devil....it sure makes for a lot of smoke and mirrors.

I think you have a good point...and I would add no one likes to look into the mirror ;)

I don't know that I would blame a particular religion - hatred and intolerance seems to come from all religious quarters. Maybe it's a human need to be able to have a defined enemy? :dunno: Certainly - it's politically advantageous for politicians to be able to deflect from domestic and economic problems by nattering on about the huge threats coming from (insert group of choice) - whether it's the US rightwing focus on Muslims, or Middle East Muslims focused on the Western Devil....it sure makes for a lot of smoke and mirrors.

I think you have a good point...and I would add no one likes to look into the mirror ;)

Know my self-esteem took a big hit when I cleaned my mirrors recently. :)

You just titled it all as an hoax while in fact I just pointed out the reasons why this is not, debates over?

You just titled it all as an hoax while in fact I just pointed out the reasons why this is not, debates over?

What reasons?

None of those links confirm mass child weddings.

Can you confirm from credible sources that these are mass weddings of little children whereas the articles on mass weddings in Gaza at the time show that it is not the children that are the brides? Even you link that was nothing more than a photo album showed a few of the adult women.

If there were mass weddings of little children don't you think the media - especially the western media would report it as such? There is not a single credible journalist claiming it's child brides.

Forum List

Back